Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Read this from the book Every Woman's Battle.

Finding The Love You Want

Maybe you are thinking, Oh, I've been hearing that all my life! The answer to all my problems is "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!" I know Jesus but i've never felt complete satisfaction with Him, wither! If that's the case, I can understand why you might challenge what I'm saying. But i know from experience that what i say is true, and so do many women i know. And i can't help but wonder if you have really invested yourself wholeheartedly in pursuing a satisfying relationship with God? I encourage you to honestly answer the following questions:

* Have I really invested much time getting to know God personally and intimately?

* Do I read the Bible searching for clues as to God's character and plan for my life?

* Have I given God as many chances as I have given other men?Fantasy?Internet chat rooms?

* Have I ever made the choice to pray or to dance to worship music or to go for a walk with God instead of picking up the phone to call a guy when i'm lonely?

* Are there moments spent alone (masturbating, fantasizing, reading or looking at inappropriate materials, and so on) that I ignore God's presence in an attempt to satisfy myself?

* Do I believe that God can satisfy every single need I have?

* Am I willing to test this belief by letting go of all the things, people, and thoughts that I use to medicate my pain, fear, or loneliness, and becoming totally dependent upon God?

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read this from the book Every Woman's Battle.

Finding The Love You Want

Maybe you are thinking, Oh, I've been hearing that all my life! The answer to all my problems is "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!" I know Jesus but i've never felt complete satisfaction with Him, wither! If that's the case, I can understand why you might challenge what I'm saying. But i know from experience that what i say is true, and so do many women i know. And i can't help but wonder if you have really invested yourself wholeheartedly in pursuing a satisfying relationship with God? I encourage you to honestly answer the following questions:

* Have I really invested much time getting to know God personally and intimately?

* Do I read the Bible searching for clues as to God's character and plan for my life?

* Have I given God as many chances as I have given other men?Fantasy?Internet chat rooms?

* Have I ever made the choice to pray or to dance to worship music or to go for a walk with God instead of picking up the phone to call a guy when i'm lonely?

* Are there moments spent alone (masturbating, fantasizing, reading or looking at inappropriate materials, and so on) that I ignore God's presence in an attempt to satisfy myself?

* Do I believe that God can satisfy every single need I have?

* Am I willing to test this belief by letting go of all the things, people, and thoughts that I use to medicate my pain, fear, or loneliness, and becoming totally dependent upon God?
The funny thing about a man teaching about a womans biblicality is much like going to a male doctor for pregnancy advise. Lots of book learning but no personal experience to speak of. lol :sorry: I just find it humouros. Thank goodness the trend of radio personalities teaching what wives should do is diminising. There seemed to be no other topic for years imo

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The funny thing about a man teaching about a womans biblicality is much like going to a male doctor for pregnancy advise. Lots of book learning but no personal experience to speak of. lol :sorry: I just find it humouros. Thank goodness the trend of radio personalities teaching what wives should do is diminising. There seemed to be no other topic for years imo

for all i know, that book was written by a woman with her own experiences.

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read Kathy Triccoli and Dee Brestin's book, "Falling in love with Jesus"
it will tell you that no human man can compare to satisfying the human heart. No woman can satisfy a man's heart.

Jesus alone satisfies. He Himself said, "If you love husband/wife, son or daughter, mother or father, brother or sister more than Me, you are not worthy of Me."

He is a Jealous God. A Jealous Bridegroom. He is like any other Husband Who speaks to His wife and says, "I must come first, my love!"

No one is in sin for marrying, but to put that husband or wife on equall-footing with Jesus is making earthly marriage an idol. Any relationship that is a rival for your heart next to Jesus is an idol.

I am in an earthly marriage and care for my husband like a dear brother and friend, but Jesus alone is my True Love and no one else takes His place. When earthly marriage has passed away in the next age, I am married to Jesus alone. Earthly marriage is but a parable and "shadow" of the real thing with Jesus.

Paul said, "I am jealous over you with a Godly jealousy, for I have espoused you to ONE HUSBAND, TO CHRIST, as a chaste virgin."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
for all i know, that book was written by a woman with her own experiences.
Shannon Etheridge is a woman. And we can find much inspiration in her writings and teaching, and I thank God for those He calls to teach. I also thank God for those who come to this forum to learn, to share and to love.

But most of all, I thank my Heavenly father that through Christ, there is neither male nor female. This truly is the holy spirit of promise, isn't it? May we all die a little to self today, and rise in the glory that is Christ living in us, through His Word and His Spirit.
Galatians 3:26-29 (KJV) 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In love and in thanks,
EarthMomma

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.