Connecticut
✟9,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello-
Early Christian walk:
I've experienced God's overwhelming love and joy.
So close was I that I would fall to my knees daily weeping with thanksgiving.
I couldn't believe that Jesus sacrificed himself for me...
I couldn't believe God put His wrath upon His Son for me...
I had joy unspeakable and clear purpose(To live for Jesus, He died for me).

Currently,
Distractions have slowly crept in... Sin has suddenly appeared and my joy and purpose have flown away. I'm struggling to balance my faith, work, sports, family and friends...

I believe the Holy Spirit is calling me to give everything up for Christ - to find that joy and assurance.
The assurance of my salvation that I once felt was unparalleled to anything this world has to offer. Unbelievable Joy, Wisdom and Peace!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!
Ron

RPN

Ryan
Dec 12, 2016
Houston, TX
✟10,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ron,

I'm in my final year in college, have 2 jobs, love basketball & trying to find a better job so I don't have any time at all & I struggle to keep my life in order. That's why I can say that I understand how you're feeling right now. At the same time, I've been struggling with sin for the past few years (a sin that I'm too ashamed to mention).

I recently turned to a new chapter in life in which I give all my concerns to God knowing that he'll never ignore my prayers as long as I live my life as godly as possible. I'd advise you to pray more & spend half an hour a day in the morning to plan your day (good time management skill). Don't try to separate out your job, school, family & sport. You can mix them together such as going to the church with your family, play sports with friends & family, make friends with your co-workers, etc. About dealing with sins, you can talk to an accountable friend who will encourage you to refrain yourself from committing sins.

I haven't felt like I should give everything up for Christ but I really want to be able to start my own charity fund. Hope I can do it one day.

That's how I was able pick myself up & carry on. Hope it helps you too.

~Ryan

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello-
Early Christian walk:
I've experienced God's overwhelming love and joy.
So close was I that I would fall to my knees daily weeping with thanksgiving.
I couldn't believe that Jesus sacrificed himself for me...
I couldn't believe God put His wrath upon His Son for me...
I had joy unspeakable and clear purpose(To live for Jesus, He died for me).

Currently,
Distractions have slowly crept in... Sin has suddenly appeared and my joy and purpose have flown away. I'm struggling to balance my faith, work, sports, family and friends...

I believe the Holy Spirit is calling me to give everything up for Christ - to find that joy and assurance.
The assurance of my salvation that I once felt was unparalleled to anything this world has to offer. Unbelievable Joy, Wisdom and Peace!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!
Ron

I've felt that as an answer to prayer just before a miracle.
See answered prayer below.

Upvote 0