Finding Nemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man I love that movie..it rules...

You're like so awesome!
Let's jump the current!
Dude! You're like the best friend.
I love you, Dude!
I love you, Jelly Man.
Primo current, Jelly Man.
I'm happy, are you?
Noggin, dude!
Shells are great for shreddin' waves.
I'm stoked, How bout you?
Later, Dude!
See ya, Dude!

...and my all-time favorite:

First, you were like Whoa! Then I was like Whoa! Then you were like...Whoooooaaa....

LOL...

NDIrish

Senior Veteran
Oct 8, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟13,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...and my all-time favorite:

First, you were like Whoa! Then I was like Whoa! Then you were like...Whoooooaaa....
Even better was when the dentist says "I need to go see a man about a wallaby", then goes into the bathroom. He comes out of the bathroom without washing his hands...

Upvote 0

Angelus00

Aug 29, 2002
na
Visit site
✟15,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I enjoyed this movie. There are, however, a couple of spots that I found to be kinda "disturbing." The whole shark thing and the "cloudy" ocean when Dory and Marlin exit the EAC. I don't know exactly what it is about these two spots, but they kinda give me the willies. That's sayin alot too, cuz I don't get weirded out about much, ya know? (Product of waaaaaaay to much Tanith Lee, R.A. Salvatore and Resident Evil) :D

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Miss Shelby said:
I haven't seen it because my kids went to see it with their dad.
I get to see it for the first time on Thanksgiving weekend. Almost bought it on DVD but things like... food... won out over entertainment. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Miss Shelby said:
I haven't seen it because my kids went to see it with their dad. Getting a synopsis from a five and three year old leaves lots of holes in the story. :D

Michelle
I won the battle this time so I got to see it. Loved it, especially the ending!What am I going to do when he doesn't want to see things like this anymore!!
:sigh: He's growing too quickly

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Cat59 said:
What am I going to do when he doesn't want to see things like this anymore!!
:sigh: He's growing too quickly
Oh gosh . . my kids are at the stage that anything "G" is for babies . . so even though they enjoyed it at the theater, they are telling me "No, we don't want to get THAT movie . .it's for BABIES!! We're not going to watch "G" rated movies any more!"

(Mom and Dad snickering . .that's what THEY think!)

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just saw Finding Nemo this evening. My parents sent it for my one-year-old daughter Anna.

I don't want to sound over serious, but did you guys see Christ in that movie?

When the pelican (I forget his name) came to the dentist's window and told Nemo about how his dad was searching madly for him, braving ferocious sharks, etc., I got a little choked up.

Nemo's lost . . . his father is looking for him. And remember how Nemo gets lost: right after muttering to his father under his breath, "I hate you," he then swims out into the deep water against his dad's commands.

Then, near the end, when all of the fish have been caught in the net of the trawler, Nemo nearly sacrifices his life for the others. Did the wooden beam and crossbar on the trawler remind you of the Cross?

I know . . . maybe I'm goofy.

But the love of a father for his child in that film is wonderful. If my daughter were a bit older, I would use it to teach her about the love of Christ.

God's not angry. We're the ones who are lost. He sent His Son to bring us back.

Upvote 0

NDIrish

Senior Veteran
Oct 8, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟13,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

But the love of a father for his child in that film is wonderful. If my daughter were a bit older, I would use it to teach her about the love of Christ.
Maximus, that's a great idea! My oldest son is 3, and would understand the analogy...thanks.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
NDIrish said:
Maximus, that's a great idea! My oldest son is 3, and would understand the analogy...thanks.
You're welcome!

Notice, too, how Nemo's dad, like Jonah, gets swallowed by a whale?

I thought I remembered that the pelican is an ancient Christian symbol, so I checked on it.

The pelican is "a symbol of Christ's sacrificial death." See this web site of Christian symbolism: http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/Koch-ChristianSymbols.htm .

Here's the pelican symbol:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.