Manhattan, KS
✟188,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone have any good resources on how to locate a house church? I don't know if I buy into all the hubbub about if you don't attend a house church you aren't a real Christian/believer, but I do believe house churches are the key to getting the church back to it's roots.

I live in Manhattan, KS

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can become a "house church" where you are. It doesn't require a Bible degree or special schooling. There is a whole fellowship in the world which holds to Bible-only, and many of them meet in their homes ---at least until the Lord makes them large enough to need a larger meeting room. I don't know of one in Kansas, but there is some I believe in nearby States if you want some help. They all keep in touch and help each other worldwide. You can also learn about this at the sound site: www.biblecounsel.homestead.com and can ask questions there. Look up always!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting that you say: house churches seem to be the key to getting the Church back to its roots. The roots is Bible-only, and christendom today is all about various sects doing what pleases the flesh. If one truly wants to be part of a worldwide fellowship of Bible-only, I refer them to the sound site at Biblecounsel.net. It shows what God intends for His testimony, and how the biblical church was (and is) gatherings in various cities as an outreach of the universal Church in the world ---all being of "one mind" and "one accord", and without the hierarchy, programs, rituals, entertainment, etc.

We need to get clear of the innovations of men and the deletions of God's Word by them, and hold to the "one body in Christ" as God shows us. The BC site addresses all this well, I believe, and speaks of the gatherings throughout the world who seek to honor and obey God. I have been part of that fellowship over 50 years, and find it very rewarding and "unity of the faith", in serving God as we wait for the soon end of God's grace here to man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0