Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
Am in human age of 40s. Since layoff long ago and trials since, I have no funds at all. Even though I still have 208 years left, I have no retirement funds, no life insurance funds, nothing for my kids funds, stocks or bonds (not that I understand the stuff) or anything else that involves money and the words funds or plans.

I need to move in less than three months to, one, save money because I am usually hungry, and two, I am not homeless once they kick me out end of December. With that, I have $10 to last me for the next 4.5 weeks without affecting projected bills (water, rent, car, taxes, electric, school loans, and... well, that be it). Fun times.

I do not plan at dying some young age of 55 or 79 or 94, but I would not want to keep working for the next 100 years either and be a slave to money because I have responsibilities. I would like to, at some point, sleep and enjoy life one day without the stress of driving to a job.

With that in mind, any thoughts what I can do for a possible limited future in acquiring such funds for retirements, insurance, kids, etc?

Thanks.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest finding a job and working until the normal human retirement age. Tell God what you would like financially and let Him give it to you. I suspect that once you hit 150, maybe the notoriety of this feat, alone, can sustain you into your late 200s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I would suggest finding a job and working until the normal human retirement age. Tell God what you would like financially and let Him give it to you. I suspect that once you hit 150, maybe the notoriety of this feat along can sustain you into your late 200s.

I have a job, and been playing catch up since I got set into "decent" pay last year after being a temp since 2014. Decent, as in more than enough if rent was lower (but apartment complexes keep raising rent and I been stuck). After my 2011 layoff after 15 years, I lost 401k. Lost my credit of 800+. Lost savings. It all went to surviving because no one would hire me for a long, long time. Except Apple but that job SUCKED!

Upvote 0