• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Financial Frustration

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My account is frozen because my bank received notice my school issued me a fradulent check. My boyfriend's been out of work and he needs a new job.

Really stressed out and feeling like I'm always being scammed and taken advantage of in the country and state I live in (U.S.)

Ugh.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you it's just like ugh I'm going to work and not even going to get paid. The bank is going to take my small paycheck because of the fradulent check my school sent. Direct deposit tomorrow for a $200 check from work and my bank is -over $1500 now so it's gonna be gone.

I'm literally in tears. And I'm borrowing money from my boyfriend who only has $300 in his account and no job.

I'm supposed to go to work for a 3 hour shift but I don't even want to go since I'm gonna lose all my money anyway. I know that doesn't make sense cause then I'd just get fired but I feel like I'm not gonna get paid and I don't have gas money to drive anyway.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You and your boyfriend need to explore more options for raising your income. There are opportunities out there. For instance, my neighbor signed up for a two week truck driving school that already had a job lined up for every graduate. He left for North Dakota as soon as the school was ended. I am not saying this is for all, but there are opportunities for full-time work. My local Wendy's has a sign work today get paid tomorrow, while the Taco Bell in the next town sometimes has to shut down the dining area because they do not have enough help to keep it open. I am not sure why a school would write a check, especially a fraudulent one but again, lots of negative things can be erased if you and your boyfriend can get full-time work.

Upvote 0