Finally, the My Pillow Guy Will Have His Day in Court!

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I recall Dominion sent numerous cease and desist letters to Mr Pillow.
That's part of the process. You generally have to give the person a chance to retract their claims before filing suit because you have to make an attempt at mitigating your damages. While you can still sue if they publicly retract their claims, it can lower damages and can push the needle in favor of the defendant. Continuing to state the claims can make things much worse for the defendant. That's why Newsmax (I think it was news max), which is also being sued, was quick to pull him off the air in that interview when Lindell started going stating the claims.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest issue with defemation lawsuits is, there just isn't enough protection against SLAAP's. look at the quacks of the world, it's quiet common for them to sue anyone that criticizes them, and there is no real recourse, because even if you win, you lose all the money you put into it, and the quacks make thousands or millions so can afford to.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
He is being sued, but he should be happy, because now he can present all his evidence before the court to prove the election was stolen. I'm sure looking forward to seeing what he has. How about you?

The whole world will be watching...

E26euI0VgAAnEtZ

Also, he has a royal flush, so checkmate, libs.

E26jByBVEAIUJ_G

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

MyPillow’s Lindell Sanctioned Over ‘Frivolous’ Election Suit

A federal judge in Washington on Thursday imposed sanctions on Lindell and his former lawyers as part of a decision throwing out the CEO’s defamation lawsuits against Dominion Voting Systems Inc. and Smartmatic Corp

The judge also partially granted Smartmatic’s motion for sanctions and fees. The amount will be decided later.

“The Court agrees with Smartmatic that Lindell has asserted at least some groundless claims,” Nichols said in his ruling. More than one claim “falls on the frivolous side of the line.”

Upvote 0