Finally, the My Pillow Guy Will Have His Day in Court!

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was hoping Pelosi would get to take over. With Schumer as her VP.

To clarify anybody's misconceptions, there is no line of succession for the VP. There is only a line of succession to the presidency. When the office of the VP is open, the president nominates a replacement or leaves it vacant; the Speaker doesn't automatically assume that role. Gerald Ford, for example, was nominated by Nixon to replace Agnew.

And Schumer is the majority leader. Next in line after Speaker is the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, currently Patrick Leahy.

• Informative
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
With the amount of honest absurdity around these days it's impossible to tell.
I never imagined that American politics could ever descend to the level where it needed it's own version of Poe's Law.

But here we are.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To clarify anybody's misconceptions, there is no line of succession for the VP. There is only a line of succession to the presidency. When the office of the VP is open, the president nominates a replacement or leaves it vacant; the Speaker doesn't automatically assume that role. Gerald Ford, for example, was nominated by Nixon to replace Agnew.

And Schumer is the majority leader. Next in line after Speaker is the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, currently Patrick Leahy.

I wasn't talking about a line of succession for the VP. If Nixon and Agnew had been removed from office simultaneously, then Carl Albert would have become the president and he would have then chosen a vice president. So in my farcical scenario, Pelosi would become president and choose Schumer as vice president.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Perhaps it's was the only way he's able to present it in court?
That’s not how it works. If you have evidence of a crime you don’t have to wait to sued by someone else before you can present the evidence of the crime.

That would be stupid.

In actuality evidence was presented over 60 times to the American courts (such as they are) and the evidence did not stand up in said courts.

I’m surprised you did not see it on TV: it was on all over the world.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s not how it works. If you have evidence of a crime you don’t have to wait to sued by someone else before you can present the evidence of the crime.

That would be stupid.

In actuality evidence was presented over 60 times to the American courts (such as they are) and the evidence did not stand up in said courts.

I’m surprised you did not see it on TV: it was on all over the world.

I saw enough of it to see that a different set of circumstances existed with those other cases. This time the evidence is being presented by a defendant rather than a plaintiff. And if you can't see how that makes a difference, then perhaps you didn't watch enough episodes of Matlock.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I saw enough of it to see that a different set of circumstances existed with those other cases. This time the evidence is being presented by a defendant rather than a plaintiff.

Right -- this time "evidence" is being presented by someone who will say and do whatever it takes to keep from being sued into bankruptcy.

And if you can't see how that makes a difference, then perhaps you didn't watch enough episodes of Matlock.

You consider Matlock to be an accurate depiction of the American legal system -- how you were not invited to join Donald's legal team is a mystery to us all.

• Haha
Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Didn't say there. But its hardly unusual when it happens.
It is extremely rare for fraud to occur in US elections, and in the last 50 years or so it is virtually unheard of for fraud to occur at any sort of meaningful scale.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right -- this time "evidence" is being presented by someone who will say and do whatever it takes to keep from being sued into bankruptcy.

You consider Matlock to be an accurate depiction of the American legal system -- how you were not invited to join Donald's legal team is a mystery to us all.

What's a mystery to me is people treating a lighter side of the news story as a serious matter. Not to mention taking my comments about it seriously.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,414.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is extremely rare for fraud to occur in US elections, and in the last 50 years or so it is virtually unheard of for fraud to occur at any sort of meaningful scale.

Earlier today I saw something about a Texas judge arrested for
election fraud. Its no secret that president LBJ benefitted from fraud
nor that Kennedy / Chicago machine was a thing. Unwise to
be lax in any aspect of election integrity.

I've no stance on the merits of the current flap.
I just think "wait and see" is sensible in this court case
is more sensible than making pronouncements

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What's a mystery to me is people treating a lighter side of the news story as a serious matter. Not to mention taking my comments about it seriously.

It wasn't being taken all that seriously before you showed up.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't being taken all that seriously before you showed up.

Well I hope not since I showed up on page 1. Seriously though, don't you think the My Pillow Guy would have a significant chance of defeating Dominion if he was being represented by Ben Matlock? Oh wait forget that. Denny Crane.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I saw enough of it to see that a different set of circumstances existed with those other cases. This time the evidence is being presented by a defendant rather than a plaintiff. And if you can't see how that makes a difference, then perhaps you didn't watch enough episodes of Matlock.
Exactly what difference does being the defendant make to the legitimacy of the evidence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Regardless, they've no real choice but to sue.

Why? How much money has Lindell set them back? Has the US cancelled their contract with Dominion..?

I don't see where Dominion has lost..? o_O

...Or are they just going after people who they know have money, and trying to take as much as they can?

Upvote 0