• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Finally grounded in my 40's!

Discussion in 'GEN X (1965 to 1980)' started by Myworld19, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Myworld19

Myworld19 New Member

+53
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    After a turbulent childhood and 2 marriages in adulthood, I have finally found the true full Nikki. Life is full of precious people, laughter, love and gratefulness for all I am. I feel blessed and have finally allowed myself to acknowledge my faith. I love my 40's despite not having a special partner to share it with right now. I have learnt to wait :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,316
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I'm in the same boat as you, Let me say, the closer you get to the father in heaven, The more faith you have and inside you start to fell normal. Alone, or not, we are never alone.

The cool thing is, in the kingdom, we will not even care or think about the special partner, as We will hold true value from God. And this value will validate us daily.

If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

3. Myworld19

Myworld19 New Member

+53
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks for the reminder I am never alone. I knew when I was a child someone/something was looking after me although I pushed religion away as I was sent to Catholic School and that wasn't a positive thing for me. Now I see him I feel him with me. He will send someone someday when the time is right. For now I enjoy all I have and all I can give others. Happy days

4. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,301
    Christian
    Private
    Christ tells us that those who are forgiven from much have a greater capacity to love and it sounds like this is a place where you are coming from. so happy you've found your way.

5. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+1,039
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes, sometimes it takes quite a while. Our journeys are all unique and some of us seem to have more advantages than others. So we always need to remind not to judge others or compare ourselves with them. may he Good lord Bless you, Nikki.

6. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    i'm also in my 40's & it has been quite a journey, i'm starting to have menopause already :)

7. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    i'm glad you have found somebody in your 40's to connect with that's very special :) don't give up on him or her

8. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 Active Member

+301
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I'm about to turn 43 and considering separating from my largely unhappy marriage of 8 years. It's a frightening and emotionally tumultuous time for me. I've "hung in there" for so long, trying to do the right thing, be the good wife, trust God, stay the course, etc, etc, etc. It's never been an easy marriage and not been a very happy one, either. Coming to the realization, after many years of fleeting "I wish I hadn't gotten married, I think I made a mistake" thoughts, that I don't want to live this life anymore, was a crushing, devastating thing. None of us are getting any younger, I don't make much money, and most of my childhood dreams and ambitions are not likely to ever happen for me. The thought of venturing forward alone at this stage of my life is scary as heck.

But it's such an encouragement to see other people who have been through similar struggles and are doing all right. It gives me hope that hey, I may just make it through this, and have some actual HAPPINESS to look forward to on the other side of it. I haven't been able to say that I feel truly happy for far too long, and that's such a sad thing to think about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  9. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    thank you for shareing that :)

10. Broken Fence

Broken Fence Stand with Jesus. He is with you in the whirlwind. Supporter

+1,340
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    48 here. Let your love light shine. Don't worry about what other's think. God is love. Boom boom, love walks in the room. His name is Jesus.

Welcome to CF @Myworld19

11. shortangel

shortangel Member

+53
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    great perspective here