Final presidential debate moderated by Biden backer.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I understand though, I'd be embarrassed too if I'd spent four years reflexively defending POTUS' incompetence.

The only POTUS he tried defending was Obama. Yeah, embarrassing.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Has she ever shown a tendency to go against her family by doing something that would go against her family's financial interests on live TV in front of the whole world?

What does that have to do with it?

(Edit: Haha, wait what? How does saying you'd do something against what your parents vote going to hurt their financial interests? You can explain that in more detail too.)

Please, as the OP, clarify for all of us in what sense she personally is a 'backer' of Biden. I did review the link you provided, but didn't happen to see anything that supported the claim she is a backer of Biden. Or anything to do with her donating, given that you rather assertively mentioned donors to another commenter earlier.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure they do! People do that all the time. Listen to two people having an argument sometime and you'll notice it.
Well, this is a debate, not a conversational argument. Have you ever seen one before? The ‘argument’ is in how you make your case, not how loudly you say your points or how little you let your opponent speak.

When the other person tells a number of lies, it takes more than 2 minutes to correct them all on top of trying to answer the question. Best to address biden's lies as soon as they come out. Otherwise, they get told and then pushed aside as he builds upon them with a false narrative. Having to go back and address the lie and everything said after that takes much longer, and 2 minutes isn't enough time to do that on top of answering the question Trump is asked.
Boy the projection is heavy with this part...

That’s why many people believe these ‘debates’ are pointless. You’re right that 2 minutes really isn’t enough time to go into any level of detail on policy positions or even the opponent’s points against you but these debates are mostly just made for tv ratings and this president is a tv ratings kinda guy so I guess if that’s what you’re interested in seeing I can understand why you’d be against any limits on his show he’s putting on for his fans.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm also not sure what the point of all the huffing and puffing in this thread is.

First debate was chaired by a Fox news presenter.
Second debate didn't happen because President Manchild bravely ran away
Third debate being chaired by a Biden backer (assuming some evidence is actually provided to show that she is, batch) would mean....we've ended up pretty balanced really ^_^

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Odd that debate moderators need to be squeaky-clean but the candidates don’t.

The liberal moderators. I note that there wasn't this level of demented honking over the first moderator, plucked freshly from Fox news.

So, so funny how liberals are expected never to express any political opinion at all, else they become a biden backer, but noone ever expects this standard of conservatives.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping Biden will finally answer the question about whether or not he intends to pack the Supreme Court. He told George Stephanopoulus that he would give us an answer before the election. He could technically wait until November 2nd when all the early voters already voted anyway, but he might surprise us by actually informing the public of his intentions before then.
The answer is YES.

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,027.00
Faith
Atheist
The size of SCOTUS is up to congress. Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia

I suppose the president could present a bill, but it would be up to congress to pass it. Of course, POTUS could veto.

If congress passed such a bill, the POTUS would be duty bound to fill the seats as that is his/her role WRT SCOTUS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you vote for him if he did answer?

No, but I'd have more respect for him for actually being transparent about what he plans to actually do if he became president.

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The liberal moderators. I note that there wasn't this level of demented honking over the first moderator, plucked freshly from Fox news.

So, so funny how liberals are expected never to express any political opinion at all, else they become a biden backer, but noone ever expects this standard of conservatives.

It's almost as if we Dems aren't the snowflakes.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, but I'd have more respect for him for actually being transparent about what he plans to actually do if he became president.
Then you can understand that he might be more focused on his campaign rather than the respect of a random person on the internet.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's almost as if we Dems aren't the snowflakes.
The Democrats petulantly refused to show up for the Confirmation meeting last week. All of them.

Yes, they have outed themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Democrats petulantly refused to show up for the Confirmation meeting last week. All of them.

Yes, they have outed themselves.

That wasn’t being snowflakes. That was a procedural tactic intended to deny Republicans the quorum needed to move things forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That wasn’t being snowflakes. That was a procedural tactic intended to deny Republicans the quorum needed to move things forward.
It was a petulant childish outburst that they knew would be unsuccessful. There were already enough people there to meet the number necessary and it did proceed.

Do your JOB.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was a petulant childish outburst that they knew would be unsuccessful. There were already enough people there to meet the number necessary and it did proceed.

Do your JOB.

According to what I read, the quorum required at least a couple people from the minority party.

Considering that they’re representing the interests of their constituents, obstructionism in this case is their job.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Joe Biden and his campaign team work the angle all the time NEVER let a conversation even start that puts the attention on himself. Good statedgy to a point but overused comes across making him took like a totalitarian dictator as in NO shut up. I mean would Joe even allow himself to be interviewed with a hostile press? Has he ever? Or is it rather just always his friends in the mainstream media?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First debate was chaired by a Fox news presenter.

So your point is Wallace is some kind of Trump supporter? I'd say IMO when the chips are down he leans on the left. Laura Ingraham would have been a better choice.

Third debate being chaired by a Biden backer (assuming some evidence is actually provided to show that she is, batch) would mean....we've ended up pretty balanced really ^_^

I don't know what you mean "she is batch" It wasn't fair, IMO although she did bring up the latest alleged Biden email revelations. Let's face it though.....the KNEW that they KNEW that they had to do it. I noticed it seemed numbers of times she kept talking over Trump saying we've got to move on, move on.....and yet when Trump still keep talking for say 6 seconds she'd let Biden respond...didn't quite see her saying to him we've got to move on least not in the same measure she did for Trump. My solution....just have two biased moderators each given 20 minutes to be in control.

Upvote 0