Wiffey

He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It would be wonderful to see a reunion between the Orthodox Church in Russia and ROCOR! Maybe it would inspire the various jurisdictions in the USA to start working together and form one cohesive "American Orthodox Church". The way things are now makes us look WAY too tribal and insular and doesn't reflect well on a universal church. I live in a town of about 55,000 and we have 3 different Orthodox churches: GOA, OCA and an old-calendar Russian church. Was it 3 jurisdictions in one town in 19th century Russia? Is outrage!
Wiffey

Upvote 0

countrymousenc

Dances With Mop
Jan 26, 2004
North Carolina, USA
✟2,098.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Unless I'm mistaken, SCOBA exists at least in part for the purpose of working toward the day when there will be only one North American jurisdiction. But canonical procedures have to be followed to achieve that, and that will take some time. Orthodox time!

Upvote 0

Wiffey

He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What can I say? You're right: they will get around to it in their own sweet time.
You can tell I wasn't raised Orthodox, LOL!

My husband's family are from Greece, and they are laid back when it comes to time. I have a fiery Latin temperament and want everything done YESTERDAY. That is because I come from a gaggle of loud, fast-talking, overeating, TUMS-popping, high-strung raft-making, big hand-gesturing Cuban neurotics who make Woody Allen look like a Zen master.:D

I just keep going to liturgy and waiting for all that Orthodoxy to seep in...:liturgy:

Wiffey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.