Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We need people who can DO THE JOB... regardless of political lines.
This is one of the bigger problems with Gross - he's seems like more of a Bush lapdog than anything. If Kerry wins, he very well may get the whammo and be replaced. Bush must've known this, yet still nominates the guy. Seems kind of short-sighted to me.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
burrow_owl said:
This is one of the bigger problems with Gross - he's seems like more of a Bush lapdog than anything. If Kerry wins, he very well may get the whammo and be replaced. Bush must've known this, yet still nominates the guy. Seems kind of short-sighted to me.[/font]
Thats assuming Bush knows he's going to lose.

Doesn't look short-sighted to me.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CRitabe said:
I agree. It surprised me that this position was filled so soon before the election in November. I expected the National CIA Director's position to be filled first. </FONT>
Goss is the nomination for CIA director.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thats assuming Bush knows he's going to lose.

Doesn't look short-sighted to me.
Banking national security on his own victory and hamstringing Kerry if he loses? I guess you're right - shortsighted isn't quite the right word, but it's dodgy nonetheless.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bush feels Goss is the right man for the job... how is that wrong?
It's wrong because the right man for that job ought to be someone that isn't very partisan. Gross has shown often enough that he's willing to delay, hound, whatever it takes to help his bestest pals in the GOP. That's probably not a good person to have heading up the CIA, the point of which is to provide good intelligence, not skewed intelligence to satisfy his political bosses.

Upvote 0

WarSong

Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,172.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Grizzly said:
He was at Davison, not Davidson. And so what. I tell people I'm from Cleveland OH, but I am really from a town called Brook Park. Does that make me a liar? Not really. People identify with the biggest town they are around. No one ever heard of Davison, MI, so he probably says he is from Flint (Davison is in the Flint Metro area).

What's your point? Please don't take this as more than I intended, but it still means your a liar.

The criticism I'm leveling at Moore is how much he pronounces the fact he's from Flint. He bases his entire image as someone who is a common working joe who grew up around other common working joes, when it's a lie.

More interesting is the fact that Davison (thank you for the correction) houses the "managers and supervisors" who are overhead the "common working joes" who live at Flint. Moore lived the pampered life. What does he have to identify with?

It would be one thing for Moore to take up the cause, and even better if he could do it without lying. And state he's from Davison. But reading/watching any of his media, he drills into your mind he's an underprivileged kid from Flint.

I'm not sure how this sentence is anything but baiting. I could counter with numerous conservative lies, but what would be the point, other than to "take the bait".

People assault Bush no matter what. Whether it's right, or wrong, or simple stupid hate. But they refuse to see how much of a liar Moore is. Because he's left, and because he attacks Bush. Pure hypocrisy.

That is sad that you believe that.

Whats sad is that you don't.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
burrow_owl said:
It's wrong because the right man for that job ought to be someone that isn't very partisan. Gross has shown often enough that he's willing to delay, hound, whatever it takes to help his bestest pals in the GOP. That's probably not a good person to have heading up the CIA, the point of which is to provide good intelligence, not skewed intelligence to satisfy his political bosses.[/font]
Was Tenet a Republican partisan?

Do you have any suggestions of a 'non-partisan' person who would be qualified?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
arnegrim said:
That's funny seeing as how Tenet was supposedly the expert on that area of the world.

Again... the Director does not need to be an expert in these areas... he DOES need to put these experts in charge and make them answerable to him.

And if he does not have at least a very good working knowledge of said culture how is he to determine who the experts are and if they are truly qualified?

His job it to take the intel and recommendations of the experts and make the best decisions.

What will he use to base those decisions on?

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mhatten said:
And if he does not have at least a very good working knowledge of said culture how is he to determine who the experts are and if they are truly qualified?

What will he use to base those decisions on?
Name me ONE person who is an expert in ME culture, Asian culture, African culture...

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
arnegrim said:
Name me ONE person who is an expert in ME culture, Asian culture, African culture...

Is this a quiz?

I am not being nominated to head the CIA what is the point.

Supposed Mid East experts:
Sandra Mackey
Dr. Daniel Pipes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mhatten said:
Is this a quiz?

I am not being nominated to head the CIA what is the point.

Supposed Mid East experts:
Sandra Mackey
Dr. Daniel Pipes
Are they experts on Asian and African cultures as well?

Are they non-partisan?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My post siad mid east experts, and you did not specify non-partisan of which I have no idea and who truly is non-partisan.

Again is this leading somewhere given that I am not up for the CIA nomination, or is that what you are really asking; who I think is a better choice. :scratch:

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Goss is unacceptable because he may be partisan... what good would it be to nominate someone else who is also partisan? Why limit his expertise to the ME? The world is a much larger place with many cultures... some of which are 'troublespots' for the US currently. (NKorea, Sudan)

My point is... the President (whoever he was/is/will be) will put into position the people he feels are best suited to do the job. GWB feels that is Goss. The only arguments I see against him are 1. He's supposedly not a ME expert... and 2. He's Republican.

1. Finding an expert in a culture is not necessarily the best man for the job.
2. Most everyone lines up on one side or the other... hopefully that won't get in the way of doing their job.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Goss is unacceptable because he may be partisan... what good would it be to nominate someone else who is also partisan?
We'd want someone who's less partisan. I couldn't imagine that'd be so hard to do.

Upvote 0