La Bonita Zorilla

Diana's Quiver Bearer
Mar 25, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟2,855.00
Faith
Methodist
The last time someone who was not an insider was nominated to head the CIA, it was former Kennedy aide Ted Sorenson by Jimmy Carter. Carter eventually pulled the nomination after sorenson's writings revealed he had pacifist tendencies. we'll never know if he would have been a reformer or not.

Washington does not want a reformer in that position. Goss is a true company man and will serve honorably, if incompetently. But he won't rock the boat, and that's what the insiders want.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't speak Arabic... doesn't understand Arab culture... and is lousy on the computer.

Gee... he's no better then a street sweeper!

Give me a break. I don't think you'll see the head of the CIA doing any undercover work in Arab countries anytime soon.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Gunny said:
Well, one must consider the source-Moore. He is a lying propagandist who has the the character of a slug that lives in the dark under a rock.
No, the source is the guys own lips. Who he was interviewed by is very secondary to the fact that he said he wasn't fit on camera.

Upvote 0
C

CRitabe

Give me a break. I don't think you'll see the head of the CIA doing any undercover work in Arab countries anytime soon.

I agree, he might not be doing any undercover work in Arab countries in the position as Director, but I do not believe that we need anyone in any Intel position right now that does not understand the Arab culture. That is one of our big issues right now - Crusades??? Remember??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voter

Aug 1, 2004
✟2,158.00
Faith
Protestant
Gunny said:
Well, one must consider the source-Moore. He is a lying propagandist who has the the character of a slug that lives in the dark under a rock.
Meaning, Moore put his hand up Goss's back, moved his fingers, made him move his mouth, and used his well known impressionist-ventriloquist skills to make Goss say something he did not mean?

Wow, that would explain a whole LOT of that movie...

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CRitabe said:
I agree, he might not be doing any undercover work in Arab countries in the position as Director, but I do not believe that we need anyone in any Intel position right now that does not understand the Arab culture. That is one of our big issues right now - Crusades??? Remember??
Do you honestly believe that the head of the CIA should be 'fluent' on all cultures? Or do you think that he would make sure that those people who ARE fluent... are reporting to him.

Reactions: PatrickM
Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
arnegrim said:
Do you honestly believe that the head of the CIA should be 'fluent' on all cultures? Or do you think that he would make sure that those people who ARE fluent... are reporting to him.
BTW... I'm curious... does anyone know what 'artful' editing Moore did with the Goss interview?

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Voter said:
Meaning, Moore put his hand up Goss's back, moved his fingers, made him move his mouth, and used his well known impressionist-ventriloquist skills to make Goss say something he did not mean?

Wow, that would explain a whole LOT of that movie...

I don't think moore could utilize his fingers for it appears his quest to be a lying FAT MAN require his chubby fat hands for the constant partaking of food items.

MOORE=HOLLYWOOD POSTER CHILD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Gunny said:
I don't think moore could utilize his fingers for it appears his quest to be a lying FAT MAN require his chubby fat hands for the constant partaking of food items.
Ooh, him and Rush could have the lying fat man convention. It would be great. They could interview eachother "So Rush, how does it feel to be the first drug addict with his own radio show?" "Ok, Moore, and here's a shot of the White House pig."

Upvote 0
C

CRitabe

I believe that the CIA Director most definately needs to be totally knowledgable (fluent) regarding Arab culture and specifically extremely well versed re Islam. With the global terror threat, we cannot afford to have someone in charge of intelligence that does not have a working knowledge of the very segment of the world population that is involved in this lethal activity. Our country has a tendency to have such an attitude of ethnocentricity; however, when we choose to be involved in Middle Eastern issues, we have to be able to communicate on their turf in my humble opinion.

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
arnegrim said:
So, when the threat moves to another culture... we need to find a new CIA director? Or perhaps multiple directors for each culture?
Hmmm, who knows. But I honestly don't see the Middle Eastern threat disappearing any time soon.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gunny said:

MOORE=HOLLYWOOD POSTER CHILD
Well, that advanced the conversation....

Anyway, one possible explanation (besides Moore is slimy harlot who'se finger are too fat to work an edit machine) is that Goss was discussion being a CIA agent. Perhaps he feels he is not cut out to be a field agent. I don't know. I would like to hear more from him.

Upvote 0