✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE GOOD AND THE EVIL

There seems to be in today's, so called, Christianity, a use of scriptures and comments that seem not to have their bases on the scriptures. Of course, this is my opinion.
As for the so called good and bad. It seems that often the bad things are always put on Satan. This must bring up the question then of, how does He get that power if God is The Creator Elohim? The answer to this is of course in the Bible. BUT, it the Bible must be studied with prayer for guidance from the Holy Spirit before one can begin to understand what is really written. The Bible text is like creptic messages in many places; things that seem to be one thing are not that way at all when properly sought out.

I start with an example here.

Jud_9:15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth you anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Eze 31:18 To whom are You thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? Yet shall You be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: You shall lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.

Can a bramble bush become a ruling king? He was greater than the trees of Eden; where these really trees?

The answer is no, these are figures of speech. That is, The trees being upright and tall are used to compare this One to them because of His strength and power. This is particular tree is Satan. The bramble bush being low and of no power is used to show weakness.

This is how so many scriptures get misused. Most readers are not even aware of figures of speech; yet the Bible is full of them. Look at this example from the SO CALLED new testament.

Mat_3:10 And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which brings not forth good fruit is cut down, and cast into the fire.

Here Jesus is using what was written in the early part of this old testament to warn the Jews that there time was about to run out. They were to be cut down like trees. The good fruit is good spiritual fruit. Of course, the bad fruit is spiritual evilness.

The above is of course a very brief introduction to figures of speech. E.W. Bullinger had written a very large book on the figures of speech. It is indeed, a very large writing on this subject. I highly recommend that the serious Bible student buy one. Knowing about these figures of speech will completely change how one thinks on what the Bible really is saying in many places.

Isa_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isa_57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, says the LORD; and I will heal him.

Isa_65:17-18 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be you glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

This should explain to the reader that Satan can do no more that God has set in His plan for Him to do; or no less. Consider the following from Job.

Satan Allowed to Test Job

Job 1:6-22 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 1:7-12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Where do You come? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Have You considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and hates evil?

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Does Job fear God for no reason? Have not You made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that He hath on every side? You have blessed the work of His hands, and His substance is increased in the land. But put forth Your hand now, and touch all that he has, and he will curse thee to Your face.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that He has is in Your power; only upon Himself put not forth Your hand (works). So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Here is plainly seen that Satan is the worker for God (Elohim) and can only do what He is given permission to do from God. All that had, has, or will take place is by the permission of The Creator, Elohim.

One needs to consider this carefully when talking about what Satan can do on His own. Temptation is always present; but so is the Holy Spirit of God that directs the Elect of God. This thing of “Satan made me do it”, is a lie. One does it because they have chosen to, period. Satan just happens to be the One used for spiritual evilness in this world: Not to mention other worlds.

Eph_6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Everyone of us has choice. So put the blame where it belongs.

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

This is a very brief writing on this subject. I leave it as is for now. I pray that God grants the Holy Spirit to aid those searching for truth.

Andy Centek