• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning Fighting every day - and finding strength in the Lord

Solvej

Jul 10, 2019
Lower Austria
✟15,401.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed 2012 that I am mentally ill. The diagnoses include PTSD, but also BPD, depression and social phobia. Each day is a new struggle, fighting and pushing through the inner torture I have to endure. Flashbacks, dissociating, crisises which include needing a medication to be able to calm down, locking myself up in my room that I refuse to leave for a while are what I have to deal with more often since the last weeks. I can feel my mental illnesses getting more present, and this scares me a lot.

However, I refuse to give in. I always get up and continue to fight. And I find the strength to do this in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Often it feels like I am alone, but deep inside my heart, I know that Jesus is with me. I just can't feel it the last days. I feel like a total failure and am scared that Jesus doesn't love me anymore because I have done so much wrong in my life. Don't get me wrong; I love Him with all my heart and I do what I can to follow Him. Still, there are so many opportunities I missed to do what He wanted me to.

I don't know why, but I am not angry at those who hurt me so deeply that it cut inside my soul and that I have the illnesses mentioned above, nor do I hate them. When I was a child, I didn't understand, but I prayed for those who hurt me and who made me go through indescribable inner torture. I still pray for them. Now I think that this is Christ in me. Maybe I'm wrong, but this thought gives me solace and comfort which I often cannot seem to find.

Jesus gives me so much strength and also much love for others. A few years ago, my grandmother who loves Christ with everything she has (just like I do) showed me a verse in the bible that says 'love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you'. Then it all made sense. All the time, I was praying for them, and I didn't know why.

Right now, I have to go through inner hell - I can't find a term that is more fitting - and I hope that it will get better someday. I made it through so much, and I will make it through this as well. Not alone, but with Jesus holding me tight and walking besides me.

Blessings and lots of love!
- Solvej

MayYouBeBlessed

Jul 7, 2019
Earth
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed 2012 that I am mentally ill. The diagnoses include PTSD, but also BPD, depression and social phobia. Each day is a new struggle, fighting and pushing through the inner torture I have to endure. Flashbacks, dissociating, crisises which include needing a medication to be able to calm down, locking myself up in my room that I refuse to leave for a while are what I have to deal with more often since the last weeks. I can feel my mental illnesses getting more present, and this scares me a lot.

However, I refuse to give in. I always get up and continue to fight. And I find the strength to do this in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Often it feels like I am alone, but deep inside my heart, I know that Jesus is with me. I just can't feel it the last days. I feel like a total failure and am scared that Jesus doesn't love me anymore because I have done so much wrong in my life. Don't get me wrong; I love Him with all my heart and I do what I can to follow Him. Still, there are so many opportunities I missed to do what He wanted me to.

I don't know why, but I am not angry at those who hurt me so deeply that it cut inside my soul and that I have the illnesses mentioned above, nor do I hate them. When I was a child, I didn't understand, but I prayed for those who hurt me and who made me go through indescribable inner torture. I still pray for them. Now I think that this is Christ in me. Maybe I'm wrong, but this thought gives me solace and comfort which I often cannot seem to find.

Jesus gives me so much strength and also much love for others. A few years ago, my grandmother who loves Christ with everything she has (just like I do) showed me a verse in the bible that says 'love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you'. Then it all made sense. All the time, I was praying for them, and I didn't know why.

Right now, I have to go through inner hell - I can't find a term that is more fitting - and I hope that it will get better someday. I made it through so much, and I will make it through this as well. Not alone, but with Jesus holding me tight and walking besides me.

- Solvej

Isn't Christ helping you? Do you have faith in Him?

Upvote 0

Servant of Yeshua

Jan 17, 2019
Northern Hemisphere
✟14,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

- Solvej
Hello from the United States. It is amazing to me that we have the ability to communicate and will probably never meet this side of heaven. I am so thankful that you are a believer and that verse about loving your enemies is certainly a God trait since that is not man's original instinct.
Another verse that has helped me is Romans 12:21 " Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

I find that I am doing my best when I am busy doing good for others. It is not because I have to earn anything, but it is out of thankfulness to Jesus who loves me more than I can comprehend.

I pray for you now. God only knows what you've been through. It is actually a song by "For King and Country".

Take care!

Upvote 0

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

- Solvej
maybe it wouldn't hurt for more ideas branching out for more ideas in your life. you wanna serve christ...it's cool...you never know what other people could offer other than the ones that do you no good. we all got a journey...our lives are stories...do the right thing of course...

Upvote 0

Momma Sunshine

Jul 30, 2019
Winnipeg
✟7,807.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wrote his word in your heart and you responded without even knowing it was actually in his word!! I love when that happens. I remeber having the strong feeling that to look at anyone in lust is to commit adultery with them in your heart. I had no idea that it was in scripture and I was actually taught the opposite growing up. When I read Jesus confirm it I remeber being wow God is speaking into my heart before I even open and find it in his word! So amazing . God highlighted in my heart (as I read his word) that scripture to pray for those that persecute you way back when I was really struggling to deal with some hard people. It has helped me greatly.

Have you ever thought of getting a dog?

Upvote 0