• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Fighting back against big tech censorship

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hislegacy, Jan 13, 2021 at 8:40 AM.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,809
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Only those who are defined as domestic terrorists are being pulled as well as platforms that promote such behavior. This is wake up moment. These platforms are private corporations with RULES. I am sure you side with their righteous decision. Be blessed.

4. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree 100% aside with the righteous decision to pull support from these platforms who have made themselves so powerful they think they can change your nation.
    where were they calling out domestic terrorism when a federal courthouse was beseech nightly for over 100 days with violent terrorist attempting to burn it down?

Where were they calling out domestic terrorism when three innocent people died in the center of the city where they set up an autonomous zone that was domestic terrorism and that was sedition. But instead of calling them out for what they are the Aiden in a better them by giving them direct lines of communication with one another.

There’s an old saying that I believe rings true there are none so blind as those who will not see

5. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+10,167
    Catholic
    Free speech is not being censored.

6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes it is

7. SummerMadness

+10,167
    Catholic
    Where is the government censoring speech?

8. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+3,647
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I Look at it this way:

Big Tech = Christian Bakery

and

Donald Trump = Gay wedding Cake

9. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,237
    Christian
    Married
    Well...
    Considering the lawsuits in the EU and the flood of lawsuits making their way through the American judicial system...it's not a bad idea.

There's coming of a feeding frenzy of sharks on these oversized whales. Mostly from the blood in the water.

10. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    yeah, I saw that clip from Don lemon. Good job.

11. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    who said the government was censoring speech?

Did you not read the OP?

12. SummerMadness

+10,167
    Catholic
    Free speech is related to government censorship, it has nothing to do with tech companies. It's like saying religious freedom is censored if a Christian church does not allow Muslims to conduct religious services in their facilities.

13. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    when you want to discuss the OP, I am here. Until then.....

14. parousia70

+3,647
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sauce for the goose....

15. parousia70

+3,647
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Here’s your OP
    Since big tech firms, like Christian bakeries, are not capable of censoring free speech, then...?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:52 AM
  16. SummerMadness

+10,167
    Catholic
    Your OP mentions the censuring [sic] of free speech. Free speech is not under attack here as there is no government involved. Big tech companies are not the government, so they are not censoring free speech.

17. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,864
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Real life: Suppose you want a gay wedding and come into my bakery to buy a wedding cake.

Suppose I say "no, I won't sell you a cake".

Do you, 'hislegacy', think Government should force me to sell you a cake, against my will?

I'm really asking you. It's a serious and meaningful real question, and I'm very interested in your view. I want to hear what you think.

If you think I have the right as a free-enterprise business to chose who I deal with in the free market, on my own, then we already agree.

Consider a more complete analogy: if a newspaper refused to publish the statement of a politician, we'd not claim we can force the newspaper to publish the statement!

The politician has real free speech, but not a right to force a business to serve him or publish him.

That's "free enterprise" in my view. Freedom, the American way.

You don't get to force me to do business with you if I decide your actions are harmful.

You cannot force me to print you yard signs. You can't force me to sell you internet site services.

Go and buy them from someone else people will say -- it's part of the American way of "free enterprise" -- freedom to follow our own conscience, within law that is aligned to the United State Constitution.

18. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    yes, in fact they are indeed capable of it because of their monopoly on the venue. I can find dozens of bakeries, name where I can go when Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube censures the voices and Parler was driven off the net.

Ok thank you

If there was only one bakery available you would have a point. But this censure is system wide.

if the speech is banned from Facebook, Twitter, Google, and YouTube where can you go?

Apple just eliminated the ability for Parler to function.

I can go to any one of dozens of bakeries, where can I go when big tech has silenced, potentially, 75,000,000 Americans who voted for one candidate.

19. SummerMadness

+10,167
    Catholic
    You don't have a right to Facebook, Twitter or Google.

20. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    And btw. I firmly believe there is only one person responsible for Trumps loss. And that is Trump.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List