Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The doctrine of the premillennialism/dispensationalism is built based on a physical nation of Israel.

Matthew 24:32-33
[32] Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Because the fig tree is often used to symbolize national Israel, Dispensationalists see this passage of scripture as a prophecy of the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 with some people believe this has to do more with re-capture of Jerusalem in 1967 as one of the major signs that Christ's second coming is near. I know that this interpretation is incorrect because the Bible is clear that God has no future plans for this nation.

Matthew 21:19
[19] And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Here we see that Israel is cursed "henceforward for ever" (further proof that God is finished with that nation as a representative of God's kingdom. In other words, this was the end of old testament congregation of Israel.

Therefore, it does not make biblical sense that God would say Israel is cursed forever in this passage of Scripture, and then later in Matthew 24 say that they will be restored as a "nation". that is why the fig tree in Matthew 24 is not what you think it represents! Before we figure out what this fig tree represents, we also need to consider other passage:

Luke 21:29-31
[29] And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
[30] When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
[31] So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Matthew 21 was speaking about the end of OLD TESTAMENT CONGREGATION of Israel as a representative of God's Kingdom. So the fig tree of Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 is actually referring to NEW TESTAMENT CONGREGATION of Israel which is NOW a representative of God's Kingdom since Pentecost. Remember that the kingdom representation was taken from Israel to the Church?

Matthew 21:42-43
[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

What nation? Peter answered:

1 Peter 2:9
[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

It is the CHURCH as a holy nation that will bring forth the fruits that is now a kingdom representation of God's kingdom on earth. And it has been since Pentecost.

There are some passages that fig tree of Matthew 24 symbolizes the church.

Revelation 6:12-14
[12] And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
[13] And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
[14] And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

This is talking about God's judgment upon His unfaithful congregation of Israel. The fig tree, again, represents the church, and her figs represent the believers. However, God specifices that the figs that are shaken or fallen are the professed believers. Here is another proof in the book of Joel concerning Fig Tree as New Testament Congregation of Israel...and all other trees. Observe wisely:

Joel 1:6-12
[6] For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.
[7] He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.
[8] Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
[9] The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.
[10] The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.
[11] Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.
[12] The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

The vine is dried up, it is laid waste and desolate, there are no longer figs on the tree because they have all fallen. The harvest for salvation is gone, the corn, the new wine, and the oil is all dried up and wasted. This is a terrible time when salvation is no longer available in the unfaithful and rebellious congregation of Israel because of their abominations. Her professed believers have been turned over to judgment by the hand of God. Prophet Jeremiah also predicted this judgment of New Testament congregation of Israel where people are saying "peace, peace, when there is no peace."

Jeremiah 8:11-22
[11] For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
[12] Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
[13] I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.
[14] Why do we sit still? assemble yourselves, and let us enter into the defenced cities, and let us be silent there: for the LORD our God hath put us to silence, and given us water of gall to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD.
[15] We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble!
[16] The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein.
[17] For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
[18] When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
[19] Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
[20] The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
[21] For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
[22] Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

This is what God's judgment upon the church is like TODAY! It is when people of the congregation no longer want God of the Bible but the god of the false prophets who say smooth things with lying sign and wonders. They have brought their abominations into the House of God. Therefore, God is judging them by taking His Gospel truth away from them and used the false prophets and christs as "serpents, cockatrices" or in Revelation 9, "locusts" so they will unaware not find salvation even if they seek for it. And that is why there will not be a physician (Christ) found in her anymore:

Revelation 9:4-6
[4] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
[5] And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
[6] And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

It is "in those days" when the harvest for salvation is PAST and when the summer has ended by looking to the condition of the church! This is the judgment of the New testament unfaithful congregation of Israel, the Church. This is what Jesus was referring to. Let read Luke 21 again in next post:

(Contiune to next post)

• Informative
Reactions: Inkfingers

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(Continued from the previous post)

[30] When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
[31] So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

You read Joel 1 above to show that all these trees represent those of the house of God. The vine, the fig, the pomegranate, the palm, the apple tree, even all the trees of the field in this context of Joel 1 are all the house of God that shall be judged. The fig tree is a spiritual representation of the congregation of Israel. But the question is WHICH Israel? We agreed that Fig Tree represented national Israel and more accurately, the Old Testament Congregation of Israel found elsewhere in Scripture, however, when we read in Matthew 21 where Jesus has cursed the fig tree. It was the curse of the Old Testament Congregation of Israel that she will NO LONGER be a representative of God's Kingdom FOREVER! Not even the rebirth of a modern state of Israel will mean anything! it is the deception of the Dispensationalism to 'think' that God is not finished with national Israel while not realized that the church is under the judgment which is what Jesus was warning about in Olivet Discourse.

So how will we, as God's Elect, know that Christ's coming is near? By look at the spiritual condition of the church and her abominations! The "fig tree and all the trees" confirm that when the judgment comes upon the unfaithful congregation, as well as the whole world. It is when Satan is loosed from bottomless pit to deceive the nations and bring them against New Testament Congregation where he wants to rule and to be worshipped through His false prophets and christs! How will we know? When we see trees (any trees) shoot forth leaves, we will mentally know that summer is near. Jesus, then explained, "LIKEWISE, when you see these things come to pass." What things? The things that Jesus warned about in the context -- things that will happen WHEN Satan comes out of bottomless pit:

1.) The Rise of false christs and prophets came in Christ’s name and deceive many
2.) Wars and rumours of wars (Spiritual wars between Elect and professed believers)
3.) Famines (Spiritual famines, not with bread but Word of Christ, Amos 8:11)
4.) Pestilences (Spiritual sickness where a physican cannot be found)
5.) Earthquakes (Shaking of the earth is a spiritual judgment of the Church)
6.) Church (woman) no longer have milk of Gospel for her hungry child (people)
7.) Love of God grows cold (Not wanting to do the will of God)
8.) Jersualem (church) fell to false prophets and christs and heathen (Gentiles)

9.) Abomination of Desolation standing in holy place.
10.) Signs in the sun, moon, and stars points to the fall of New Testament Congregation of Israel as Babylon the Great in Revelation 18.
Jesus said, when YOU see all these things take places, you will KNOW that Christ's coming will be here soon. Right after the judgment of the church!

Luke 21:25-28
[25] And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
[26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
[27] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
[28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

God did NOT tell us to watch for an armed invasion against nation Israel or anything like that! The abomination of desolation will NOT be found in Jerusalem in the Middle East. You got wrong Israel! It will be found in the CHURCH where the false prophets and christs, per context, can be found where they have brought in the abomination of desolation to deceive many! Jesus warned that those "whoso readeth, let him understand" to watch for things that take place IN THE CHURCH and know for themselves that Christ's coming is based on THAT! Not what will happen over there in the Middle East!

It will be when people of the congregation will tell you that they have Christ in their church, but Jesus warned us not to believe them. Why? Because we will NOT "see" physican, Jesus Christ, in their church. If the Church supports homosexual marriage, do not go there. If the Chruch supports women in position, do not go there. If the Church supports divorce and remarriage, do not go there. If the Church says that "God wants to see you prosper right now", do not go there. If the Church is filled with concert style entertainment, do not go there. If the church is influenced or based on "The Propose Driven", "Your Best Life Now", "The Secret of Power", "Greater", etc., do not go there. It is because you will not find Christ therein, nor you will find the clothing of righteous therein which is why Christ warned:

Matthew 24:17-21
[17] Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
[18] Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
[19] And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
[20] But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Do not go to a church where it no longer offers clothes of righteousness. Those in the missionary, do not go back to local church. Why? Because it is time of judgment where people (child) in the church (mother) no longer suck. It is a time of winter because the summer harvest is past. It is a sabbath day when no man can work. The time of salvation is over is what Christ is talking about here. It is a great tribulation FOR the Elect as they observe the things that is going on within her which is why they MOURN (sorrow) over the Church that they will no longer be able to buy our merchandise of salvation because they are being deceived by the false prophets and christs as a judgment of God.

Think about it.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 11:1-2
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

God did not cast away Jews as you stated in your post brother.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Romans 11:1-2
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

God did not cast away Jews as you stated in your post brother.

You misunderstood what Paul was saying. I never said God cast away the Jews! I already explained this earlier in other thread which is worthy of repeating:

"Paul was not talking about the "regrafting" of National Israel at all. So the question is when God will bring the Jews back to Him? He already has brought a remnant, as the Apostle Paul so clearly said when He "rhetorically asked:"

Romans 11:1
  • "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."
The answer is no, God Forbid, He has not cast off His people as Paul declares himself an example of that fact. But all Israel shall be "defined" by God and not man. Note that Paul says that he is living proof that God has not cast away His people. What the Dispensationalists fail to understand is that:

Romans 9:6
  • "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
  • Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."
Those whom God defines as Israel God will draw to Christ, and those whom God defines as Jews God will draw to Him. Even some of the Jews in the New Testament will be included into the tree along with the Gentile Elect! No where in Scripture that God plan a "national redemption" for Israel in the Middle East like you have misundertood with Romans 11.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You misunderstood what Paul was saying. I already explained this earlier in other thread which I will repeat here:

"Paul was not talking about the "regrafting" of National Israel at all. So the question is when God will bring the Jews back to Him? He already has brought a remnant, as the Apostle Paul so clearly said when He "rhetorically asked:"

Romans 11:1
  • "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."
The answer is no, God Forbid, He has not cast off His people as Paul declares himself an example of that fact. But all Israel shall be "defined" by God and not man. Note that Paul says that he is living proof that God has not cast away His people. What the Dispensationalists fail to understand is that:

Romans 9:6
  • "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
  • Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."
Those whom God defines as Israel God will draw to Christ, and those whom God defines as Jews God will draw to Him. The rest, including national Israel, will die in unbelief just like the vast majority of Gentiles. There is no difference."​

If so then who is God talking about here ?
Hosea 5:15
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If so then who is God talking about here ?
Hosea 5:15
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

What is your point? Why did you pull a verse out of the context? Tell you what, can you tell us what the context of the whole chapter is specifically about? Who were the players?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is your point? Why did you pull a verse out of the context? First, tell us what the context of the whole chapter is specifically about?

No I want to know what you think about that based on your presupposition and not mine , you can read whole chapter it's about prophecy and your answer will give me clue where to go from there :smarty:

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Think about it.
The parable of the fig tree is not about Christians nor the Church. It is about when Jerusalem will say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - accepting Jesus as their King of Israel messiah.

Matthew 23:
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

_________________________________________________________________________________

John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The leadership however were under the influence of Satan and his invisible kingdom of Babylon the great having dominion over the world. Why do you think Satan wanted to kill Jesus? Because Satan did not want the kingdom of God destroying the dominion his kingdom has over the world. So his apparent logic was to kill the king.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi if you look at Isaiah 61 a passage Jesus partially quoted and stopped mid sentence Jesus applies this one who is described as being Himself. Jesus quoted to a certain point where he began with the Spirit of the LORD is upon me to...and proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD. Jesus closed the scroll and declared this day this is fulfilled in your hearing. The rest of the the prophecy speaking of this same person describes the day of vengeance of our God and the passage is full of references to those in Zion and makes several distinctions between Jews and Gentiles in that day.

To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the LORD,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
8 “For I, the LORD, love justice;
I hate robbery for burnt offering;
I will direct their work in truth,
And will make with them an everlasting covenant.
9 Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles,
And their offspring among the people.
All who see them shall acknowledge them,
That they are the posterity whom the LORD has blessed.”

There are hundreds of unfulfilled prophecies regarding national Israel. And despite the nation being on the map and the soon world government as well as a forced two state solution and the return of the daily sacrifices you dismiss futurist as being unbiblical when they take the scriptures literally. When reality is lined up with exactly what futurist predict.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
(Continued from the previous post)

Think about it.

So, you'r basically saying that the fig tree is not Israel? What then would be the distinction with 'and all the trees'? What would 'all the trees' represent? The fig tree was Jerusalem and Judea in the days of Jesus - so why does it change to the church?
I disagree with dispensationalism, but I still see that Jesus was indicating the main sign for the end of the age - that the fig tree would start to produce leaves. Apparently the fig tree produces edible buds at the same time that leaves start to shoot.
Jesus was angry because the fig tree had produced nothing to eat, despite having leaves. The fig tree was a symbol of Jerusalem and the Jews producing no fruit, at the time of Jesus.
'All the trees', I think means the Gentile nations - including the Arabs, starting to produce leaves.
If it wasn't a specific sign to watch for, for the end of days - why bother mentioning it? if it is something to do with the church?
Apparently, the European convert theory is erroneous, and that Jews in Israel are predominantly sephardic Jews - tracing lineage back to Palestine. The fact that Jews have been drawn to the gospel, and starting up Messianic 'churches', since the 1960's, seems to suggest to me, that we are seeing the sign for the end of days - the main sign, which Jesus said to watch for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the Fig Tree represents Israel's Religious life: it's fruit, said Religion's expected results.

Luke 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. 13:10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.

And the Vineyard there, represents?

Isaiah 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

But I hold a Mid-Acts Dispensational view.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, you'r basically saying that the fig tree is not Israel?

The Fig Tree "IS" Israel. It depends on WHICH Israel per context. I thought I have already explained that in my OP. The Fig Tree represents the congregation of Israel, which are supposed to bear fruits for God. First the Jews of the Old Testament Congregation of Israel, then the Gentiles of the New Testament Congregation of Israel. They both are the children of God. They are BOTH Fig Tree to God. However, the Fig Tree represented national Israel who bore no fruit WHEN Christ came at the time of their visitation, and HIS JUDGMENT was that it could never bear fruit....as it hasn't to this very day! That is why Christ cursed Old Testament Congregation of Israel that she will no longer be a representative of God's Kingdom FOREVER. The curse is that the kingdom was taken from nation Israel and gave to a nation that produces FRUITS which is obviously the New Testament Congregation of Israel that includes the Gentile Trees all over the world! The church as a congregation of Israel IN CHRIST is NOW considered as Fig Tree and all other Trees. Like Israel of Old, the church will apostasy and bringing in the abominations into their congregation where it should not. It will no longer produce fruits under false doctrines of false prophets and christs, so her kingdom will be taken form her too, prior to Second Coming... SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING!

What then would be the distinction with 'and all the trees'? What would 'all the trees' represent?

Didn't you read the verses I quote in Joel 1? God was talking about his congregation that is under the judgment which the trees represent.

I disagree with dispensationalism, but I still see that Jesus was indicating the main sign for the end of the age - that the fig tree would start to produce leaves.

The leaves that Christ mentioned in Matthew 24 are related to "all these things" that will take place in the congregation of Israel. Please read the whole context. For example, the rise of false prophets and christs, abomination of desolation, woe upon a child with mother, wars, and rumors of wars, etc. When you see "these things" begin to come to pass, (if you understand what these are, spiritually), you will know that Christ's coming is near.

[/quote]The fig tree was a symbol of Jerusalem[/quote]

Fig Tree is more accurately understood as the congregation of Israel. When it falls, or crused, it refers to the external or corporate part of the congregation - the professed believers.

'

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The parable of the fig tree is not about Christians nor the Church. It is about when Jerusalem will say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - accepting Jesus as their King of Israel messiah.

Matthew 23:
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

This is speaking about the FALL of the Old Testament Congregation of Israel which the body of Christ represented AT THAT TIME! It is His people, the Jews, who came and destroyed the temple when Christ gave them a sign that they will be the ones who destroy Him! Because of this, God have take the kingdom from them (jews/old testament congregation0 and gave to other that will produce Fruits for the kingdom of God! Hello?

John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The leadership however were under the influence of Satan and his invisible kingdom of Babylon the great having dominion over the world. Why do you think Satan wanted to kill Jesus? Because Satan did not want the kingdom of God destroying the dominion his kingdom has over the world. So his apparent logic was to kill the king.

Oh, of course, Satan did want to see Jesus being killed, but it was a little too late for Satan to realize that it actually means the end of his dominion over men as Christ bind Satan and spoil people from his house!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is speaking about the FALL of the Old Testament Congregation of Israel which the body of Christ represented AT THAT TIME! It is His people, the Jews, who came and destroyed the temple when Christ gave them a sign that they will be the ones who destroy Him! Because of this, God have take the kingdom from them (jews/old testament congregation0 and gave to other that will produce Fruits for the kingdom of God! Hello?
It was that particular generation of Israel. Not every generation. For the end times generation of Israel will embrace Jesus.

Coming out of Egypt that first generation of Israel.failed to inherit the promised land, but the second generation of Israel did.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the Fig Tree represents Israel's Religious life: it's fruit, said Religion's expected results.

Luke 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. 13:10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.

And the Vineyard there, represents?

Isaiah 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

But I hold a Mid-Acts Dispensational view.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Christ is the vine. The fig tree is Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 5

2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.

3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.

4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?

5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:

6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.

7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 5

2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.

3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.

4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?

5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:

6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.

7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Yep, exactly - just a matter of Isaiah 8:20's "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Rom. 5:6-8

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The doctrine of the premillennialism/dispensationalism is built based on a physical nation of Israel.

Matthew 24:32-33
[32] Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Because the fig tree is often used to symbolize national Israel, Dispensationalists see this passage of scripture as a prophecy of the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 with some people believe this has to do more with re-capture of Jerusalem in 1967 as one of the major signs that Christ's second coming is near. I know that this interpretation is incorrect because the Bible is clear that God has no future plans for this nation.

Matthew 21:19
[19] And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Here we see that Israel is cursed "henceforward for ever" (further proof that God is finished with that nation as a representative of God's kingdom. In other words, this was the end of old testament congregation of Israel.

Therefore, it does not make biblical sense that God would say Israel is cursed forever in this passage of Scripture, and then later in Matthew 24 say that they will be restored as a "nation". that is why the fig tree in Matthew 24 is not what you think it represents! Before we figure out what this fig tree represents, we also need to consider other passage:

Matthew 21 was speaking about the end of OLD TESTAMENT CONGREGATION of Israel as a representative of God's Kingdom. So the fig tree of Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 is actually referring to NEW TESTAMENT CONGREGATION of Israel which is NOW a representative of God's Kingdom since Pentecost. Remember that the kingdom representation was taken from Israel to the Church?

Matthew 21:42-43
[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

What nation? Peter answered:

1 Peter 2:9
[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

It is the CHURCH as a holy nation that will bring forth the fruits that is now a kingdom representation of God's kingdom on earth. And it has been since Pentecost.

There are some passages that fig tree of Matthew 24 symbolizes the church.

Revelation 6:12-14
[12] And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
[13] And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
[14] And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

This is talking about God's judgment upon His unfaithful congregation of Israel. The fig tree, again, represents the church, and her figs represent the believers. However, God specifices that the figs that are shaken or fallen are the professed believers. Here is another proof in the book of Joel concerning Fig Tree as New Testament Congregation of Israel...and all other trees. Observe wisely:

Joel 1:6-12
[6] For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.
[7] He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.
[8] Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
[9] The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.
[10] The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.
[11] Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.
[12] The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

The vine is dried up, it is laid waste and desolate, there are no longer figs on the tree because they have all fallen. The harvest for salvation is gone, the corn, the new wine, and the oil is all dried up and wasted. This is a terrible time when salvation is no longer available in the unfaithful and rebellious congregation of Israel because of their abominations. Her professed believers have been turned over to judgment by the hand of God. Prophet Jeremiah also predicted this judgment of New Testament congregation of Israel where people are saying "peace, peace, when there is no peace."

Jeremiah 8:11-22
[11] For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
[12] Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
[13] I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.
[14] Why do we sit still? assemble yourselves, and let us enter into the defenced cities, and let us be silent there: for the LORD our God hath put us to silence, and given us water of gall to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD.
[15] We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble!
[16] The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein.
[17] For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
[18] When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
[19] Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
[20] The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
[21] For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
[22] Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

This is what God's judgment upon the church is like TODAY! It is when people of the congregation no longer want God of the Bible but the god of the false prophets who say smooth things with lying sign and wonders. They have brought their abominations into the House of God. Therefore, God is judging them by taking His Gospel truth away from them and used the false prophets and christs as "serpents, cockatrices" or in Revelation 9, "locusts" so they will unaware not find salvation even if they seek for it. And that is why there will not be a physician (Christ) found in her anymore:

Revelation 9:4-6
[4] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
[5] And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
[6] And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

It is "in those days" when the harvest for salvation is PAST and when the summer has ended by looking to the condition of the church! This is the judgment of the New testament unfaithful congregation of Israel, the Church. This is what Jesus was referring to. Let read Luke 21 again in next post:

(Contiune to next post)

Apparently you then must think God flat out lied when He said the following in the OT?

Jeremiah 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

So then, can the heaven above be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath? If it can't then neither can this part ever be true----I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done

If verse 37 is an impossibility, then so must verse 36 be an impossibility. IOW, instead of---the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever---it is this instead---the seed of Israel shall NEVER cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Scripture can't contradict Scripture. That means you are misinterpreting something, otherwise your interpretations per the OP would not be contradicting these verses in Jeremiah 31 above. It is impossible to misinterpret these verses in Jeremiah 31 above. They mean what they say.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Scripture can't contradict Scripture.

True! You do need to compare Jeremiah 31 with all the rest of Scripture, including the New Testament.

That means you are misinterpreting something, otherwise your interpretations per the OP would not be contradicting these verses in Jeremiah 31 above. It is impossible to misinterpret these verses in Jeremiah 31 above. They mean what they say.

Hardly!

You got wrong seed, wrong nation, and wrong Israel to begin with! According to Scripture:

For Seed:

Galatians 3:16
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

For nation:

Old Testament Congregation:

Exodus 19:6

[6] And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Testament Congregation:

1 Peter 2:9-10
[10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

For Israel:

Romans 9:5-8
[5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
[6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7] Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
[8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The nation Jeremiah spoke about in Jeremiah 31 is about a holy nation, COVENANT ISRAEL, made up of all Elect from the Old Testament Congregation of Israel and the New Testament Congregation of Israel, the Church, under one seed, which is Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

[5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
[6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7] Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Unsaved Jews, not of Abraham's seed, but Isaac's seed.

Israel of God - saved Jews, i.e. Jews who are children of God, by virtue of believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is Abraham's seed

[8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

All
Jews are Issac's seed, which through Issac, Abraham would have a huge number of descendants. By God's pronouncement to Sarah.

However, of all the Jews by the flesh, of them, only the Jews who are saved (Christians) are the children of God, to be the Israel of God.

The church universal is not the Israel of God. No-one becomes a Jew by virtue of becoming a Christian.

So Jews of the flesh, those who have become Jews of the Spirit, are going to inherit all the promises made to Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0