Fifteen Minutes of Nothing

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I've slept on this, and came to conclusion that through the medium of excessive glib, animated gifs, one liners and colour by numbers, Boris said two thirds of absolutely nothing.

Over-complication and miscommunication is just going to open the doors up to flouting and complacency if you ask me. Unless I'm missing something (?)

I've been a Boris guy up to this point - I thought this presentation was a shocker, personally.

Last edited:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've slept on this, and came to conclusion that through the medium of excessive glib, animated gifs, one liners and colour by numbers, Boris said two thirds of absolutely nothing.

Over-complication and miscommunication is just going to open the doors up to flouting and complacency if you ask me. Unless I'm missing something (?)

I've been a Boris guy up to this point - I thought this presentation was a shocker, personally.

I think that Boris has quite a reasoned approach.

I only wish that we had national leadership as substantial over here in the US.

What, exactly, about Boris' presentation do you disagree with ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I think that Boris has quite a reasoned approach ?

I only wish that we had national leadership as substantial over here in the US.

What, exactly, about Boris' presentation do you disagree with ?

It's a reasoned approach - sure, but it's nothing all that new. And so far, Boris has been ON form, I think all of us in the UK were expecting something a little more succinct.

Our lockdown method thus far has worked ONLY because of how simple the guidelines were. Now, there's just so much grey area - when really, not much has changed; BUT people WILL get the wrong end of the stick OR, they'll just flat our take advantage.

For intelligent people like you, it's a question of common sense. But for those of whom the message seeps between the cracks, it's just pandemonium waiting to happen.

I think more clarification will follow this week. We've done so well, and I'd honestly hate to see it all go down the pan now.

All of that aside, you guys over the pond DO deserve better. I'd vote if I could. That man was a dodgy businessman at best, how he ever got in is a mystery.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Boris was back on form tonight with that Q&A session, but you do get the sense that they're tacking it together as they go along...

I won't complain too much, it could be worse. Boris could be telling us to mainline Mr Muscle. Sarcastically.

*pinches bridge of nose whilst despondently shaking ones head*

Anyway, it seems that some green shoots are emerging. Maybe there's hue of azure in the sky?

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They've cleared the field, set up some new goal posts as they like, given themselves plenty of space, and still struggled to move the ball. Yet congratulating themselves heartily. I suppose it's not all froth and bubbles when you've only one eye and a withered arm.

Still, Boris has bounced back well for one whose physiology's been ravaged by this vicious intruder. From the vicissitudes of leading a nation against an insidious menace to the joys of fatherhood. Cometh the hour, cometh the man...

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Most European politicians are adept at making nothing sound like something.

• Agree
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0