Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to know what the card said that was with the small doll.
Watching the video it appeared as though they gave the doll in a bag that also had some card / text with it, but the reporter only was showing the doll.

screen grab from report
fetusdoll.png

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I'd like to know what the card said that was with the small doll.
Watching the video it appeared as though they gave the doll in a bag that also had some card / text with it, but the reporter only was showing the doll.

screen grab from report
fetusdoll.png

"Some people say that my life began at birth, but my life's journey began long before I was born..."

A few bits to fill in (mainly the two 'my's), but I'm assuming the whole thing was written in the first-person.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Care to elaborate? Why should kids not be educated about what baby looks like? It's just a glob of cells, right?

During trick-or-treating when they're out to get Halloween candy? Really? I fail to see how the inappropriateness needs comment, but I'll indulge.

Cute little kid in Halloween costume wanting candy: Trick- or- treat!
You: Let me educate you about abortion.
Kid: Um- trick-or-treat? (backs away warily while looking wildly around for chocolate or some other sweet treat)
You: No wait! I have fetus dolls!
Kid: Um-kay (previous happy face disappears and is replaced by a look of extreme disappointment at what you drop into their bag) My mom's waiting for me. (runs away)

So, you wanna be that guy.

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Some people say that my life began at birth, but my life's journey began long before I was born..."

A few bits to fill in (mainly the two 'my's), but I'm assuming the whole thing was written in the first-person.

Quality educational information there.

Upvote 0

Aeneas

Oct 22, 2011
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Care to elaborate? Why should kids not be educated about what baby looks like? It's just a glob of cells, right?

Wouldn't it be more relevant to children's lives to tell them how that "baby" is made first? I should do that next year: give out Starburst along with condoms for the boys and diaphragms for the girls along with nice instructional pamphlet on how to wear both!

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Okay, I tell you what - we can teach preschoolers about what a fetus looks like in a subtly veiled anti-abortion campaign when you think it's okay to teach those same kids about gay sex. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, I tell you what - we can teach preschoolers about what a fetus looks like in a subtly veiled anti-abortion campaign when you think it's okay to teach those same kids about gay sex. :thumbsup:

Ah! Something we agree on!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you people read the story? They gave out fetuses AND candy.

I love jelly babies; they're great when roasted over a bonfire I've discovered.
Tom Baker's Dr. Who loved jelly babies. Do you toast them like marshmallows?

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟48,788.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It is a subject matter that is up to the parents as to how and when to handle it not something that is thrust upon them by a stranger under the guise of trick or treating.

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be more relevant to children's lives to tell them how that "baby" is made first? I should do that next year: give out Starburst along with condoms for the boys and diaphragms for the girls along with nice instructional pamphlet on how to wear both!

Give the girls both.. and educate about STD's along with where babies come from!

Wendy

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It gets even worse when you read the article. The Christian minister who did this is actually puzzled that people are upset. Apparently, he wanted to inject the pro-life movement into Halloween.

“We’re still trying to understand where the offense is at,” Edmonds said. “We think it’s with the assumption that when we talk about life in the womb, it’s about abortion. But the whole concept of the event, the point of the outreach, the point of the models (are) we should respect life.”

I mean gee........these little babies are harmless. Kids today see more on a Barbie or on television for crying out loud.

This is just pro-aborts looking for a reason to whine.

We hand them out at our pro-life booth...they come with a little card that explains what the unborn can do at twelve weeks.......it says NOTHING ABOUT ABORTION ON THEM.

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whats so offensive about fetuses? I think they are funny looking little critters. For some reason I always laugh when I see a picture of one. Maybe because they kind of look like space aliens?

Nothing should be offensive...only for those who are paranoid that kids will find out mommy and daddy think its ok to kill unborn in the womb.

It is something no one really wants to explain to their kids.

"Hey son, your mom and I think its ok to scrap, burn, disect babies alive....but we decided to let you live...your sister was not so lucky...we killed her."

You laugh.......well gee whiz......aint that cute. Did you know that you once looked like that space alien? But ya know what........YOUR ALIVE AND HERE TALKING ABOUT IT.

Lucky you.........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obviously at one time I was a fetus. Still find their appearance humorous. Apparently I'm not supposed to feel that way though? I guess the logic is "abortions happen thus it's wrong to consider the appearance of fetuses humorous"? I really don't connect the two in that manner though. The former is irrelevant to the latter.

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is a subject matter that is up to the parents as to how and when to handle it not something that is thrust upon them by a stranger under the guise of trick or treating.

Is there a law telling people what they can hand out? I use to hand out stickers.

Michelle Obama would hate this holiday.......kids eating candy......wow. She should encourage handing out cigarettes, her husband smokes...that must be healthier. Wonder what they handed out at the White House? Probably coupons to White Castle.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing should be offensive...only for those who are paranoid that kids will find out mommy and daddy think its ok to kill unborn in the womb.

What does that have to do with anything, really? Perhaps you need to go back and read the article in the OP and watch the news video. The man they interviewed said most of the concerned adults he spoke with consider themselves pro-life Christians, but don't believe fetuses and abortion are subject matters appropriate to broach with toddlers.

And I could easily turn your quote around and say the same thing whenever people get all touchy about LGBT tolerance classes in high school. "Uh, uh, I don't want that subject forced on my kids". I guess it's only okay to foist your views on someone else's children, putting them in an awkward position, when you support that position.

See, the thing is, not all of us think it's cool to hand five year old Susie a poster of a mangled fetus and march her down to the Planned Parenthood to scream "harlot!" are women entering the clinic.

"Hey son, your mom and I think its ok to scrap, burn, disect babies alive....but we decided to let you live...your sister was not so lucky...we killed her."

You're right, because those of us with small children who don't even find the birds and the bees talk age appropriate yet don't want to talk to them about abortion only because we think the way you just described AND we've all aborted their siblings. Classic. :doh:

You laugh.......well gee whiz......aint that cute. Did you know that you once looked like that space alien? But ya know what........YOUR ALIVE AND HERE TALKING ABOUT IT.

Lucky you.........

Yes, lucky me. My mom wanted children. We were planned, chosen, and well cared for because we were desperately wanted from the time my mother was old enough to push a baby doll around in a miniature carriage.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Lucky you.........
I have no problem explaining abortion to a kid,also I don't think abortions are okay .I have more of a problem,that people have to make candies,that look like aborted fetus,for kids to eat,for a political statement.Crazy people can't allow kids to have a fun night,without handing out this crap.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess I just don't get this mental disconnect at play here. A parent objects to their kid being given a fetus doll with not-so-subtle abortion undertones and somehow that means the parent eats the souls of children and feasts upon frozen embryos like they're popsicles. I don't get it.

Upvote 0