• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Festival of Lights

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Open Heart, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,220
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    So who here is celibrating Chanukah?

I'm looking forward to the jelly donuts and latkes, and I'm breaking in a new menorah that I got on sale last year after Chanukah. There is a Jewish gentleman that I go to a community menorah lighting at Chabad every year -- it's well worth the drive.

What does Chanukah mean to me? The preciousness of the purity of observance. Because of the Greek occupation, many Jews were bowing to the pressure to Hellenize. They had forgotten how precious Torah was. But there were always "the proud, the strong, the Shomer Shabbat!" so to speak. When pig was sacrificed in the Temple to the idol of Zeus, that was the last straw.

Today, things are similar. Many have forgotten how precious Torah is. Jews are intermarrying and their line is lost to Israel. It is the secularization of Israel. Chanukah reminds us to return. I don't think we need the Maccabees or a violent war. We just need burning hearts, and it will catch on. Nominalism will die out of its own accord.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tampasteve

tampasteve Messianic leaning Lutheran Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+1,217
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I will be, it will be my second year celebrating it, but first as a Messianic follower. I am excited to be able to celebrate with others as I will still be checking out the MJ Synagogues during this time. I already have my Chanukah Menorah ready at work and home.

3. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,220
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    May it be time of joy and beginnings.

4. Leah F

Leah F Too blessed to be stressed.

+13
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I post my own thread about this. Silly me.

This will be my third year celebrating. It is very simple since I am on my own. I am only 1/8 Jewish and I just started celebrating in my thirties. Just going to tend to my menorah.

5. chunkofcoal

chunkofcoal Messianic Christian

+300
    United States
    Christian
    Married