Feminist Given Award for Designing Chair Which Intentionally Makes Men Feel Uncomfortable

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As working with wood all my life.. may I change a word here "looks like one of the most uncomfortable "chairs" I have ever seen." To "IS one of the.." :)

Thank you thank you.. seems you really thought this out.. gonna sit here right on the ground thank you!

Reactions: Monksailor
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Their testicles aren't being constricted or compressed.

You know, women sit with their legs closed for a reason, especially if they're wearing a skirt. That comes naturally as a result of their anatomy and clothing choices, plus it's come to be associated with being lady like over the course of time.

Men typically sit with their legs slightly apart and that is natural consequence of our anatomy. Maybe you prefer to sit like a woman personally but most of us prefer to have some space between there for some comfort. In any case forcing the legs together as if we were women is a dumb decision and this chair is designed solely for the feminist kudos she'll receive from liberals and men spiritually castrated by feminism.

Now of course if someone has their legs spread to the widest extremity they can on public transport and is taking up room which others might need, anyone can call that person a jerk. But it's not an inherent problem of men, it's an inherent problem of there being selfish people out there in the world. There are many annoying things on public transport and men sitting like men is not one of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought feminist meant to be a woman. They have hijacked this word.

This agenda has been brought to you by xyz corporation:
Isn't that feminine not feminist?
The first real problem with this title is that is made up out of thin air, the second is arguing that implying manspreading is the comfortable way to sit and not taking up an adjacent seat is uncomfortable. Spreading your legs to take up multiple seats is simply rude and inconsiderate.

As someone in the 98th percentile, you don't need to spread your legs... nor is anyone arguing you need to cross your legs, you can simply sit with your legs next to each other without encroaching on a neighboring seat. If a man has to spread his legs due to great discomfort, that sounds like a medical problem, not the false sense of needing more space.

Their testicles aren't being constricted or compressed.
Speak for yourself. Depending on the clothes the person's wearing, the temperature of the room, the size of the person's unmentionables, etc, can all determine whether a man needs to spread his legs a little.

The real problem is whining about stupid things like this. No one actually cared about this until there was an agenda behind it. How many men told women to move their bags. Is that woman spreading? What about when I want to use a table and a woman has her stuff spread out all over it, with her purse in the seat? Am I being oppressed?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Speak for yourself. Depending on the clothes the person's wearing, the temperature of the room, the size of the person's unmentionables, etc, can all determine whether a man needs to spread his legs a little.
Yeah, with most men not being that large, and the fact that they aren't spreading everywhere else, it's not about discomfort, it's simply being inconsiderate.

The real problem is whining about stupid things like this. No one actually cared about this until there was an agenda behind it. How many men told women to move their bags. Is that woman spreading? What about when I want to use a table and a woman has her stuff spread out all over it, with her purse in the seat? Am I being oppressed?
The only people whining are the men getting all butthurt over being told they're not being considerate. A person placing their purse and taking up a seat is being rude and inconsiderate. Likewise, a person spreading their legs and taking up more than one seat is being rude and inconsiderate. Complaining that people are pointing this out is the real whining.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this feminism gone crazy or the norm?

It may be innovative as a social experiment or art. But I am not sure if there is even a sexism in this area for her to fight back. I have been in a secular work environment all my life and have never been criticized by men for crossing my legs. I have also never found the way men sit to be offensive. So I just don't see a need for "making a point" to men about sitting.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong! Just because you're one of the few men who can comfortably sit legs closed doesn't mean most of us can.
Your not-so-subtle implication that those males who agree that manspreading is a problem are deficient “in the pants” is not very responsible.

Men clearly need to spread more than women, but not as much as many men do.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟29,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your not-so-subtle implication that those males who agree that manspreading is a problem are deficient “in the pants” is not very responsible.

Men clearly need to spread more than women, but not as much as many men do.
Most men don't spread to the extremes these people make up in their minds, certainly not nearly as much as the feminist in the photo.

I only know of certain types of men who can sit comfortably squished or with their legs crossed like a lady.

Reactions: Monksailor
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, with most men not being that large, and the fact that they aren't spreading everywhere else, it's not about discomfort, it's simply being inconsiderate.

Right. Men are just inconsiderate. That's why they do things. That's their motive. They don't do things because they want to be comfortable; they do things because they want to be inconsiderate.

This thread is crazy. Feminists need to get a grip on reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Right. Men are just inconsiderate. That's why they do things. That's their motive. They don't do things because they want to be comfortable; they do things because they want to be inconsiderate.

This thread is crazy. Feminists need to get a grip on reality.
Nice straw man. I never said it was their motive, I simply stated they are inconsiderate. And rather than some people looking at their behavior and being more accommodating, there is whining and complaining. Someone brought up a person placing their purse on an adjacent seat; during rush hour, that is inconsiderate. They placed the purse there because it is more comfortable, it keeps it off the floor, etc. However, it is inconsiderate in a space with limited seating.

You can be inconsiderate without purposely doing so. :yawn:

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
They placed the purse there because it is more comfortable, it keeps it off the floor, etc. However, it is inconsiderate in a space with limited seating.

Then they were inconsiderate on account of comfort. That's not at all what you claimed about men:

...it's not about discomfort, it's simply being inconsiderate.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
shes-on-tumblr-complaining-about-manspreading-28394340.png

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Here's what you do if someone is actually spreading their legs to the degree that they are actually blocking other people from sitting somewhere: "Excuse me, can you please move over a bit so I can sit there?"

OHMYGOD THE FRICKING WORLD IS OVER, ISN'T IT!

Crying-girl.jpg

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I never said it was their motive, I simply stated they are inconsiderate.

You said:
  1. "It's not about discomfort."
  2. "It is about being inconsiderate"
So what is their motive, then? Why are they being inconsiderate? o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was an art project and it encourages you sit with your legs closed, it's not a "man's chair." Men are not going to be forced to sit in the chair. It's simple ergonomics that addresses a problem, seen in society in which many men take up more than one seat in public transportation. Screaming that you don't take up space doesn't negate the fact that there are many men that do take up more than one scene despite not having edema of the testicles.
What about sitting next to an obese person? Because sitting next to someone who's largely over weight is uncomfortable but you don't see people making "fat chairs" and getting awards for it. In fact, it'd cause quite the outrage.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
What about sitting next to an obese person? Because sitting next to someone who's largely over weight is uncomfortable but you don't see people making "fat chairs" and getting awards for it. In fact, it'd cause quite the outrage.
Are we really trying to throw whataboutism to deflect from people taking up too much space on a seat by spreading their legs? What about people that think cucumbers taste better pickled?

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When you use quotes, you should actually quote what was written... :yawn:

Oh dear, did I quote you as saying "It's about being inconsiderate," rather than "It's simply being inconsiderate." What a grievous misrepresentation. ^_^

Hey, I get it. When your arguments are in shambles you start fishing around for red herrings, right? I understand that. Inconsiderate, but understandable.

Upvote 0