Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a very pushy person...I am somewhat quiet and meek...but when I bring up the mistreatment of women in other countries...and someone calls me a feminst because I bring up something I think to be wrong whether it is a stoning of a woman till she dies or she is shot 20 to 50 times because someone thought she might have commited adultry...an old women whos husband dies and a nephew brings her food and she is flogged because a man visited her home to bring her food...if I bring up how wrong those people are to punish a woman and I am called a feminist...really how far is this feminist thing going to go?

I'm at the point where i'm ready to scream...and I'll tell you what...to all you people out there...every thing in the bible as far as how God works in us...whether it be male or female...it is the same...no..I'm not a pastor..but I tell you what...you start to tell me that I'm not allowed when God clearly using the entire bible says I am allowed and you take a couple of verses and think you can say "your not allowed" really who am I to believe? you or God?

The people screaming to shut women up in the churches...shame on you and think of what spirit are you?

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think those who scream women should remain quiet in church are intimidated by women in life.
A man does not fear a woman's power, independence, intelligence, or equality.
Paul was perhaps the most outspoken misogynist in scripture. It's from his letters that some people who read them get the impression women are to be treated as property, or lesser beings.

However, if we hearken back to the old testament we realize that God, knowing all things, knew also that the Adam could not be alone. And rather than create for him another man to be his best buddy, he created a woman. And from there God populated the earth and gave the Adam a companion.

Without the woman there would be no human race. If the man was meant to be superior to all things and dominion was to be given him over all of the earth, then man would have lived alone to himself until he died. So the rulership would have been as short lived as the man.
But God in his wisdom made the woman vital so that the race could continue through her. Without women we're nothing.

Show respect. Even God needed the virgin Mary to bring himself to the earth.

Men who have no respect for women have no respect for themselves who are born of a woman. And that disrespect then would hearken back to their personal contempt for their mother.

I've never yet met a man who hates feminists and yet loves his mother.

Reactions: TamaraLynne
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a very pushy person...I am somewhat quiet and meek...but when I bring up the mistreatment of women in other countries...and someone calls me a feminst because I bring up something I think to be wrong whether it is a stoning of a woman till she dies or she is shot 20 to 50 times because someone thought she might have commited adultry...an old women whos husband dies and a nephew brings her food and she is flogged because a man visited her home to bring her food...if I bring up how wrong those people are to punish a woman and I am called a feminist...really how far is this feminist thing going to go?

I'm at the point where i'm ready to scream...and I'll tell you what...to all you people out there...every thing in the bible as far as how God works in us...whether it be male or female...it is the same...no..I'm not a pastor..but I tell you what...you start to tell me that I'm not allowed when God clearly using the entire bible says I am allowed and you take a couple of verses and think you can say "your not allowed" really who am I to believe? you or God?

The people screaming to shut women up in the churches...shame on you and think of what spirit are you?

well all those horrible things you talked about, you certainly know what is in your heart better than people who don't know your heart. just remember to be pleasing to God, in the world we shall have trouble.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think those who scream women should remain quiet in church are intimidated by women in life.
A man does not fear a woman's power, independence, intelligence, or equality.
Paul was perhaps the most outspoken misogynist in scripture. It's from his letters that some people who read them get the impression women are to be treated as property, or lesser beings.

However, if we hearken back to the old testament we realize that God, knowing all things, knew also that the Adam could not be alone. And rather than create for him another man to be his best buddy, he created a woman. And from there God populated the earth and gave the Adam a companion.

Without the woman there would be no human race. If the man was meant to be superior to all things and dominion was to be given him over all of the earth, then man would have lived alone to himself until he died. So the rulership would have been as short lived as the man.
But God in his wisdom made the woman vital so that the race could continue through her. Without women we're nothing.

Show respect. Even God needed the virgin Mary to bring himself to the earth.

Men who have no respect for women have no respect for themselves who are born of a woman. And that disrespect then would hearken back to their personal contempt for their mother.

I've never yet met a man who hates feminists and yet loves his mother.
I think your right when it comes to some...but others can get caught up in like a mob way against women because of what I would call "locker talk" yes "locker talk" can cause others to have a fear build up....thats just in the world as far as worldly goes

but in the church? I step into the shoes of a man and imagine for just a moment that somehow I've been given this responsibility of being above every women...that I have this authority

...when Jesus said we fed him and clothed him and visited him...Jesus is in women and men alike...so if a man thinks he has authority over a woman that is not his wife then that is like him telling Jesus that he (the man) has authority over Jesus.

Unless one does not know...that God abides in us...then I could see how they could be confused...

sigh...sorry...I did explode...

yes I was called a feminist for bringing up the things a muslim women goes through...

It was like that was the last straw..

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

I hate feminism with a passion.( you can call me a sexist all you want) Feminism degrades the God given roles that he created us with. Though men do not do a good job by holding up our end.

Miss Lovley Jar... The bible tells you to be quiet in church deal with it... That is not a man speaking but the holy inspired word of God. You can't argue with God. <---- This is exactly what I am talking about. Femisim is the bane of what God made. It is humanistic approach to the proper roles God himself ordained and designed. To fight against what god designed is the spirit of the Devil. It is a spirit of Disobedience and rebellion. Which is the devil.

Now that is not an excuse for men to play " I have the power" game, because Christ Commanded us to love and operate the church in a proper and godly manner. Which means a lot and it is not being done.

This thread should be shut down for blatant disregard for the word of God. People and kick and scream all they want but the Word of God will judge and condemn your rebellion and disobedience.

But this is all to expected. God did tell eve she would try to usurp the role of Adam... Still does not make it right, that Feminism is disobedience and rebellion to God's word...

That also does not make what I believe and act out with my family sexist or draconian.

I have the best marriage and family I could ever ask for. I have a wife who is amazing and beautiful. She is ravaging and seductive. She is smart and inteleigent. And she submits her will to mine as commanded by the word of God. But she submits because she is commanded to do so by God. This is not dependent on me but her whole obedience to God. Not to me.

I also submit to her. This is my command by God. To love my wife as Christ loved the church. To willingly lay me life down for her needs above my own with out any thought of return. To place her above my self at all times. Even when she is being a pain, selfish, prideful, disobedient, or sinful.

NOW if Men acted like that in the church... YOU STILL would FIGHT against it. It is in your nature to usurp men. that is apart of your curse. The sooner you understand that that sooner you can understand the power of Jesus Christ and changing our nature through the power of the cross.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Feminism is one of the loveliest ideas to come about in a long time. It preaches the equality of the sexes, and Christian egalitarianism, something that has been lacking in the Holy Church for a very long time. I do not believe that the Bible espouses gender roles at allt

And no, this thread should not be shut down. Misogyny is an issue in the world we live in. Women and girls are being abused and treated like property in many areas of the world. It's this idea of male superiority that is both archaic and unscriptual. The Bible espouses the equality of males and females.

I encourage women to be active in the life of the church as readers, non-priestly ministers, deacons, and cantors if your denomination so allows such. Submission is mutual, a woman loves her husband, and a husband loves his wife, it is mutual. Both show respect for each and consider each other's opinion.

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

Feminism is one of the loveliest ideas to come about in a long time. It preaches the equality of the sexes, and Christian egalitarianism, something that has been lacking in the Holy Church for a very long time. I do not believe that the Bible espouses gender roles at allt

And no, this thread should not be shut down. Misogyny is an issue in the world we live in. Women and girls are being abused and treated like property in many areas of the world. It's this idea of male superiority that is both archaic and unscriptual. The Bible espouses the equality of males and females.

I encourage women to be active in the life of the church as readers, non-priestly ministers, deacons, and cantors if your denomination so allows such. Submission is mutual, a woman loves her husband, and a husband loves his wife, it is mutual. Both show respect for each and consider each other's opinion.

The bible does give gender roles... ephisians is a good place to start. Try chapter 6. Second The problem with this thread. it has nthing to do with what your talking about...

"Women and girls are being abused and treated like property in many areas of the world. It's this idea of male superiority that is both archaic and unscriptual." is not what this OP is talking about. She having trouble with Paul telling timothy that women are to be silent in church and that women are not allowed to teach men in church. That is all these threads are about. it is never about equality of the genders. it be women being rebellious of what the word of God says...

And as a small note... Love and Submission are two very different things. I can love my wife and not submit to her. My wife can love me and not submit to me. She can even submit and not love me.

Love is not an emotion or feeling it is a conscious choice... I can not fall in and out of love with my wife. I choose to love her, even on the days when I do not feel like loving her...

I direct you to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4OK9DmLpCY

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The bible does give gender roles... ephisians is a good place to start. Try chapter 6. Second The problem with this thread. it has nthing to do with what your talking about...

"Women and girls are being abused and treated like property in many areas of the world. It's this idea of male superiority that is both archaic and unscriptual." is not what this OP is talking about. She having trouble with Paul telling timothy that women are to be silent in church and that women are not allowed to teach men in church. That is all these threads are about. it is never about equality of the genders. it be women being rebellious of what the word of God says...

Saint Paul is saying that we should submit in love to one another, husband to wife, wife to husband. This doctrine restores true dignity and true integrity to all believers.

I don't see an issue at all with women teaching during the liturgy through cantoring, through ministry and potentially in the priesthood and the deaconate, and through the reading of the Gospel. The command of women to keep silent during the liturgy should not in any case be taken literally.

Women are just as capable as men to minister during the liturgy. She is not being rebellious, she is just refusing to read the Gospel in a literal manner. I believe Saint Paul to be speaking on a personal level in First Timothy in a way that is his own opinion. He is not setting a standard, but is revealing what he believes and desires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your right when it comes to some...but others can get caught up in like a mob way against women because of what I would call "locker talk" yes "locker talk" can cause others to have a fear build up....thats just in the world as far as worldly goes

but in the church? I step into the shoes of a man and imagine for just a moment that somehow I've been given this responsibility of being above every women...that I have this authority

...when Jesus said we fed him and clothed him and visited him...Jesus is in women and men alike...so if a man thinks he has authority over a woman that is not his wife then that is like him telling Jesus that he (the man) has authority over Jesus.

Unless one does not know...that God abides in us...then I could see how they could be confused...

sigh...sorry...I did explode...

yes I was called a feminist for bringing up the things a muslim women goes through...

It was like that was the last straw..

Be sorry for nothing. :)
Well said and you are entitled to be fed up with mistreatment.In the name of religion or in any other avenue of your life.
Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I think misogynist men gravitate toward patriarchal faiths of any type, Islam, Christianity, Orthodox Judaism, because their superiority complex feels validated if they can ascribe scripture and God to being on their side and appointing them to that position by his word that they already think they have according to their own egocentrism.

So it's easier to defend their seeing women as lesser beings due to their sex if they can argue that it's not really them that see's women in that light. It's God!

Real men aren't afraid of strong women.

I feel sorry for the daughters of misogynists. The hard wiring that they'll go through as the misogynistic father implants his contempt into their young minds is child abuse.
Those little girls will grow up to think they have a certain role to play and that's it. Their intelligence will be held back because that first man role model will tell them they're not suppose to excel in a man's world. And this is a man's world, they'll tell their daughter, because God is male and he gave control over the woman for her own good and protection.

It's a true shame. Especially reiterating that second class citizen message when that little girl has to watch how dad treats mom and how mom consents to be treated. Kids learn from watching adults behaviors. The cycle of misogyny, woman hate, woman oppression, will never be broken as long as misogynists are fertile and tolerated.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I do have my concerns about ordaining women as priests, however. At least in Eastern Orthodoxy, we consider tradition in all decisions. As far as I know, we have never ordained women except as deacons. That raises a question though. In the Byzantine rite the liturgical office for the laying-on of hands for the deaconess is exactly parallel to that for the deacon; the deaconesses receives, as does the deacon, a genuine sacramental ordination.

Upvote 0
T

Tiredknight

Be sorry for nothing. :)
Well said and you are entitled to be fed up with mistreatment.In the name of religion or in any other avenue of your life.

I think misogynist men gravitate toward patriarchal faiths of any type, Islam, Christianity, Orthodox Judaism, because their superiority complex feels validated if they can ascribe scripture and God to being on their side and appointing them to that position by his word that they already think they have according to their own egocentrism.

So it's easier to defend their seeing women as lesser beings due to their sex if they can argue that it's not really them that see's women in that light. It's God!

Real men aren't afraid of strong women.

I feel sorry for the daughters of misogynists. The hard wiring that they'll go through as the misogynistic father implants his contempt into their young minds is child abuse.
Those little girls will grow up to think they have a certain role to play and that's it. Their intelligence will be held back because that first man role model will tell them they're not suppose to excel in a man's world. And this is a man's world, they'll tell their daughter, because God is male and he gave control over the woman for her own good and protection.

It's a true shame. Especially reiterating that second class citizen message when that little girl has to watch how dad treats mom and how mom consents to be treated. Kids learn from watching adults behaviors. The cycle of misogyny, woman hate, woman oppression, will never be broken as long as misogynists are fertile and tolerated.

Real men obey God, In all things. your not even listening to anything I am saying. Your feminist blinders just blanket all men together.

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Real men obey God, In all things. your not even listening to anything I am saying. Your feminist blinders just blanket all men together.
The blinders would be worn by the one that did not realize my remarks, that you quote prior to posting the remarks above, were not directed to you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

She simply has a different Biblical interpretation than you. I don't entirely agree with her, but you can't start damning her because she doesn't read the Bible in the way you do.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And feminism kills what this wise and smart young man is talking about. It blows my mind how women can so blindly follow humanistic approaches to Christianity. Which is Feminism is...
Feminism isn't an "approach to Christianity" at all. Feminism is about equality and freedom. One can be a feminist and a Christian, but one does not experience feminism as an "approach" to Christianity.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟27,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

That verse is not about submitting to each other, but about salvation.
Let's post the verse in context so it can easily be seen it's about salvation and not submission.

Galatians 3:19-29
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham&#8217;s descendants, heirs according to promise.[/FONT]

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

One has to know who they are in Christ. Women do have their roles. But women are never to be a rug for men to wipe their feet on. If men are truly following after the Lord and loving their wives and Scripture says then women love to submit if the actually fear the Lord. It is when it becomes that women are beneath men that trouble begins. Women were created to be a helpmeet. Not a maid or slave. When men seem to think that women are less than who Christ says they are then they need to repent. For a true woman in Christ is a Proverbs 31 woman. A womanp of ingegrity and strength. Not afraid of anything for they fear the Lord and know Him personally also. Just as Adam and Eve were before the Fall. God through Christ has restored and redeemed us if we truly are in Christ. Men are the leaders of the wife. Not the boss of..

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Getting involved in this thread goes against my better judgment, but I'm bored, so, here goes...

I have mixed opinions about feminism. On one hand, I value the egalitarian ideals promoted by feminism which are in agreement with Christian teachings, but on the other hand, feminism can and does manifest itself as an ugly, annoying beast. There was a line I heard on an episode of House M.D. which I think said it best, and I won't quote it here but the point was that women are entitled to aspire to anything they want, without being entitled to have anything they want. Personally I would add that where they are forbidden to aspire to anything, then they are entitled to aspire to change the world and gain greater freedoms for their aspirations. Where it gets ugly is where some women seem to think that they can use the cause of feminism to nag the world to death and treat men like evil incarnate.

I'd like to see more women stand up straight, stop being victims, stop complaining so much and do what they want in such a way that no one can rightly criticize them for accomplishing what they have. That's the way men should do it, and you want equality after all am I right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0