Feminism and the Catholic priesthood: What's the root of the matter?

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You will get hammered for this one.
But men only should run the church.
now it looks like I will be too.
but I follow the pattern of apostles who followed the pattern of Christ.
many denomiations sold out long ago.
now it looks like the catholics will too.
No, the Catholics will not. We're not a democracy in the Catholic Church but we follow Jesus, His Apostles, and the rightful successors to the Apostles. We will be keeping on with normal faithful living even if some fake Catholics do some fake ordinations and the fake news makes a big deal of it. You can follow the pattern of Christ in the Catholic Church. We're not changing just to be PC.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Okay, I'll bite.

I admit that I wonder why the "the Apostles were all men" argument can't be extended to "they were all Jews" and so exclude Italians and the English and so on. I don't mean to argue anything and this is certainly not a post against RC teaching. I just wonder why that argument, widely accepted, is limited to sex.
In the beginning there was a belief that they had to all be Jews. It was an issue that was resolved right in the NT writings.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I'll bite.

I admit that I wonder why the "the Apostles were all men" argument can't be extended to "they were all Jews" and so exclude Italians and the English and so on. I don't mean to argue anything and this is certainly not a post against RC teaching. I just wonder why that argument, widely accepted, is limited to sex.
There are many reasons for it, but the chief one is not just that all the Apostles were men.
No, it goes back much further than that.
In the beginning God created man. and when God created woman, He used a rib from the side of Adam so that the woman would always be close to the heart of the man, but not over his head.

It was only when sin entered the garden in the form of the serpent who enticed Eve that we see the birth of the change that today we call Feminism.
Many people look at this and place the blame on Eve for this sin, but in truth it was due to the poor husbandry of Adam and his lack of oversight that led Eve to be in a vulnerable position where satan was concerned.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are many reasons for it, but the chief one is not just that all the Apostles were men.
No, it goes back much further than that.
In the beginning God created man. and when God created woman, He used a rib from the side of Adam so that the woman would always be close to the heart of the man, but not over his head.

It was only when sin entered the garden in the form of the serpent who enticed Eve that we see the birth of the change that today we call Feminism.
Many people look at this and place the blame on Eve for this sin, but in truth it was due to the poor husbandry of Adam and his lack of oversight that led Eve to be in a vulnerable position where satan was concerned.
Thanks for the reply. In your first paragraph you attribute a motivation to God that I don't remember from the text. Is this a Roman Catholic teaching or your personal take?

In your second paragraph, if Adam is to blame...doesn't that suggest that men shouldn't be in leadership positions, either? Since we know how well Adam's husbandry went...

I don't mean to argue - I'm just not familiar with the interpretation of God's actions in your first paragraph, and your second seems to be an argument against the ordination of men at least as much as against the ordination of women. Would gladly learn more.

Upvote 0

Lily5

Mar 26, 2017
USA
✟11,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You will get hammered for this one.

I'm a woman and also anti feminist. Men and woman were not created as equals. I don't think women should be priests, and generally disagree with feminism entirely.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm a woman and also anti feminist. Men and woman were not created as equals. I don't think women should be priests, and generally disagree with feminism entirely.
Amen and your not alone , I know serveral women who know this
and they are far happier than those who try and change pattern .
far happier. way more joy in their lives.
IF we follow the pattern God set...........OUR LIFE is truly fullfilled
with all the peace, joy that CHRIST promised to those who love
him and keep his sayings.
IT is also why I wont and refuse to remarry.
its adultery . yet I got joy and peace .HAPPY is the one who keeps my sayings.

Upvote 0