Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many may not think that. But try to compare two bald humans, one male and one female. Doesn't their bodies look the same? Yes. And why is that? Its the same with animals, one women and one man. You wanna know why women arent attractive, because they are here for reproduction, man and woman to simply create a new life form. And thats it. So you may have seen some wicked stuff online whether it is fanart, inappropriate contentography or any bad stuff. But i tell you, its an illusion of lewdness that in the bible is considered sinful. It may look nice. But its a trick. What i mean by that is that it is a logical reason to why it is not ok to do so. And its not just because god just said so(Although he knows the best). But there is a reason. It degenerates you. Like whether it is homosexuality or inappropriate content or anything, anything lewd is degeneration by itself.

But to help you understand why its not really attractive, you can just compare a pic of a bald women and men, and there you have the answer, the body parts is purely for reproduction. And thats all!

I'd like to hear your views though?
If you're just saying that we're hung up on sex in this world and we need to quit idolizing sex and objectifying women, this is true.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think women are objectified?
Men can be objectified as well but it seems that women are more often viewed as sex objects, which we see in movies, advertisements, etc. Anyway to the extent that our perceptions of people make them primarily objects of desire we dehumanize them, making them of less value.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Men can be objectified as well but it seems that women are more often viewed as sex objects, which we see in movies, advertisements, etc. Anyway to the extent that our perceptions of people make them primarily objects of desire we dehumanize them, making them of less value.

What is the cause-hormones, sin, reacting the wrong way to beauty?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men can be objectified as well but it seems that women are more often viewed as sex objects, which we see in movies, advertisements, etc.
That is a cultural norm of white western people.

In other cultures women can get just as horny (or more so) looking at men.

Ever hear the song from the 1940s "Fine Brown Frame?"

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is the cause-hormones, sin, reacting the wrong way to beauty?
I think it's more like the abuse of hormones. Just as the natural pleasure of food gives rise to gluttonly, "food abuse", the rush that comes from viewing anyone who's sexually attractive can be abused and overused or over-emphasized as well as we dwell on or give it too much place in our lives. All sin involves taking some created good (since everything in creation is good) and then turning it into a sort of god, desiring it "inordinately" as some theologians say. It appears good, like the fruit in Eden, but it ends up enslaving us in some way, and never quite achieving the satisfaction we hoped it would, leaving us even more dissatisfied than before. And contributing to the overall attitude that leads to outright sexual abuse, generally of women.

People will always "look", men being the most prone, and this is based on a natural inclination. But there is reason to moderate this inclination in order to see and know people as they really are, and to achieve our own inner integrity. Unfortunately society doesn't help-much in our world seeks to promote this obsession.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. All sin involves taking some created good (since everything in creation is good) and then turning it into a sort of god, desiring it "inordinately" as some theologians say.
Do you consider it sinful to take something good and turn yourself against it, turning normal desire into destation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you consider it sinful to take something good and turn yourself against it, turning normal desire into destation?

No, that would be just as bad as making something that isn't good into something that is. Even ISIS thinks they're doing something good, even fulfilling God's will in their case, every time they behead someone. Free will creates the potential for moral relativity-Adam created moral relativity for all practical purposes, once he denied God the power to determine morality for him. We exist in a sort of moral free-for-all now, not necessarily knowing for certain what’s truly good for us, often not having the control over ourselves that we should, or want, to have.

When it comes to sex and other pleasures of the flesh, we can opt for the "if it feels good do it" mentality, at one extreme, and shame and fear and repression of any sensual feelings at the other, maybe connected to an effort to be “holy”. But both of those are defective. Man, being a finite, created, being, has orientations and limitations and constraints placed on him by his nature, the "natural law" as some put it, within his conscience, and this law means that when we're behaving excessively to one degree or another we'll be sort of out of harmony, unbalanced, not in accord with God’s will-and less happy in the long run even though happiness is the reason we pursue many of those things in the first place.

The bottom line is that much of our behavior ultimately needs to be weighed against love of God and neighbor-and love of God and neighbor become freer to blossom as we increasingly cooperate with His grace. Augustine, who had struggled with lust to a great degree, once said that “Perfect abstinence is easier than perfect moderation”. But both of those mean self-control, and we’re often repelled by any obligation to restrain ourselves. Love, truth, and reason working together in us as they’re impelled by grace are the means to living rightly without feeling compelled. To put it another way, moderation is the evidence of a balanced and grounded soul; God is the pathway to it.

Personally, I’ve lived a great part of my life on the excessive side of things, excessively lustful for one, trying to satisfy a desire-maybe a jealousy?- based on a fear that I might be deprived otherwise. None of it has ever worked-it just leaves us feeling more unrestful, needing more. Anyway I appreciate the classic church teachings on concupiscence, based on the threefold desires outlined by John in 1 John 2:16: “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.” That at least establishes an alternative to a wanton “gimmee” attitude, which we’re not always comfortable with in our consciences anyway, truth be known. I'm not speaking of simple appreciation here, but of obsession/idolatry, which, like over-eating, can kind of flower on it's own, stemming from a good and natural desire, when we're stressed or letting our guard down, or just being greedy. From what I read about and observe in our society, such things are becoming increasingly more common addictions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Human nature. Even women objectify women.

A new study has come out that states women objectify other women on par with how men objectify women. The study found that women’s eye gaze when looking at another woman did not significantly differ from men’s eye gaze when looking at a woman. In more down-to-earth terms, just as men tend to check out women’s naughty bits, so do other women. What’s more, say researchers, both the women’s and men’s eye gaze lingered just as long on the sexualized areas of a woman’s body.

Women Objectify Other Women on Par with Men Says Study · Guardian Liberty Voice

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Human nature. Even women objectify women.

A new study has come out that states women objectify other women on par with how men objectify women. The study found that women’s eye gaze when looking at another woman did not significantly differ from men’s eye gaze when looking at a woman. In more down-to-earth terms, just as men tend to check out women’s naughty bits, so do other women. What’s more, say researchers, both the women’s and men’s eye gaze lingered just as long on the sexualized areas of a woman’s body.

Women Objectify Other Women on Par with Men Says Study · Guardian Liberty Voice

eudaimonia,

Mark
Yes, we humans tend to be a pretty shallow lot I think. But I'd bet the women's gaze has more to do with comparing than it does with lust, generally speaking. Maybe it'd be better for women to chime in on this though.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, we humans tend to be a pretty shallow lot I think.

I don't think that it means that anyone is necessarily shallow. The deepest man in the world is still going to find himself glancing at women's breasts. There's nothing wrong with that. That man will still understand that women are complete persons with lives of their own.

But I'd bet the women's gaze has more to do with comparing than it does with lust, generally speaking.

It's not "lust" (if the woman in question is straight), but it is still objectification.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Reactions: Gene Parmesan
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not "lust" (if the woman in question is straight), but it is still objectification.

eudaimonia,

Mark
I don't disagree, which is why I characterized it as shallowness. It's just that your comments on the study left a question regarding the motivation for the common focus on certain body parts and I was making a distinction there, as a side note.

As for us men, I just see that we can tend to idolize sex, something the bible warns against, becoming overly-obsessed with a few natural body parts. In true innocence we'd be like Adam and Eve in Eden, not even knowing they were naked. Instead we're ashamed of the human body on the one hand, so that we cover and hide it, and then become obsessed with it on the other, so that we objectify and practically worship it without ever being just comfortable with it, especially in the west perhaps. We end up with a kind of perpetual adolescent fascination that seems to produce unhealthy relationships, sometimes worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,850.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Because society has portrayed us as rewards (the hero defeats the bad guy, and then he gets the girl), trophies (a successful man should have some pretty young woman on his arm), basically living sex toys.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,850.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

When men are objectified, it's done in a way to present them to men as who they want to be. When women are objectified, it's done in a way to present them to men as what they need to possess.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because society has portrayed us as rewards (the hero defeats the bad guy, and then he gets the girl), trophies (a successful man should have some pretty young woman on his arm), basically living sex toys.

That strikes me as overly cynical. A relationship with a complete person can be a "reward" for good character. It's not a reward in the sense of getting a trophy, but rather in the sense of a personal change for the better opening up new possibilities for oneself. No one must be "a living sex toy" simply because someone else had attracted them by exercising virtuous courage, or whatever. The story telling message is instead: "be a good person, and you will have better relationships with the opposite sex than would have been available to you before".

This is where negative people such as Anita Sarkeesian go terribly wrong in their thinking about video games, for instance. She completely misunderstands both male psychology and story telling.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
When men are objectified, it's done in a way to present them to men as who they want to be. When women are objectified, it's done in a way to present them to men as what they need to possess.

What you are missing is the intended audience. If a story is aimed at men, naturally it isn't about how women want to be. And it shouldn't, because that misses the point of the story.

You might have a point about stories aimed at women. If it presents them in some diminished form, it may either be done to limit women, or it is simply an anachronistic story.

Context is everything, here.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Insightful.

Most men in western culture would LOVE to be seen as objectified sex objects/toys.

IMO that is a result of how western European culture and its offsprings in the Americas have understood female sexuality - basically denying it even existed for 2300 years.
=========================================================

On another note:

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views." — The Doctor​

Which Doctor?
1180x360-z-wk45-ht-doctor-who-box-023-063830.jpg

Upvote 0