Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
In our society now, it is a matter of *privacy* to have an abortion,

Are you claiming that medical decisions should be open to a public forum?

but not to go to the bathroom. Possibly someone here can explain the logic in that.

No one is expecting privacy in a public restroom. It is kind of in the title. That said stalls are still a thing last I checked.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Christians should be ashamed for using labels like "gender-confused boys". Let's go around belittling the experience of yet more minorities. It's not like that didn't go over well in the 19th century over Black chattel slavery or the 80's and 90's over gay rights.

Here's a hint, being a Christian gives you no right to define other peoples experiences.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That said stalls are still a thing last I checked.
Except in that one school district where they removed the doors to the stalls because somebody wrote a threatening note in one. You can't fix stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was in HS we had girls in the guys' locker room all the time. Coach would hold talks in the locker room. I thought it was very gender-discriminatory, even at the time: and with no trans involved.

I'm sure the earth did not open up and swallow them, either.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No one is expecting privacy in a public restroom. It is kind of in the title. .
In my opinion, that's either supposed to be a joke or else it is so flippant a response that it must be the case that you did not read the link given in the original post by which the particular circumstances were outlined for you.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians should be ashamed for using labels like "gender-confused boys". Let's go around belittling the experience of yet more minorities. It's not like that didn't go over well in the 19th century over Black chattel slavery or the 80's and 90's over gay rights.

Here's a hint, being a Christian gives you no right to define other peoples experiences.

Why should Christians be ashamed of telling the truth? One's genetic makeup is not an experience it is reality. If another person wishes to live in a fantasy world that is their prerogative however, insisting that the rest of it us live in that fantasy world is just not reasonable.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Why should Christians be ashamed of telling the truth? One's genetic makeup is not an experience it is reality. If another person wished to live in a fantasy world that is their prerogative however, insisting that the rest of it us live in that fantasy world is just not reasonable.

Nobody is asking Christians to become another gender but is it too much to ask for respect? Isn't that what human dignity is about? The Church is not suppossed to be an arbiter of metaphysics, it's been granted the ministry of reconciliation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is asking Christians to become another gender but is it too much to ask for respect?

Respect? It seems to me people are defending the actions of one side against the other. So does "respect" mean one side gets what it wants and the other doesn't?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Why should Christians be ashamed of telling the truth? One's genetic makeup is not an experience it is reality. If another person wishes to live in a fantasy world that is their prerogative however, insisting that the rest of it us live in that fantasy world is just not reasonable.

What is your area of medical expertise? Because actual experts disagree with you.

“The idea that a person’s sex is determined by their anatomy at birth is not true, and we’ve known that it’s not true for decades,” said Dr. Joshua D. Safer, an endocrinologist and executive director of the Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery at Mount Sinai Health System in New York.

Anatomy Does Not Determine Gender, Experts Say

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Respect? It seems to me people are defending the actions of one side against the other. So does "respect" mean one side gets what it wants and the other doesn't?

Kind of depends on the positions of the sides does it not? People who want actual government win and anarchists tend to lose because their ideas don't work. In this case people tend to side with those who have studied the issue and determined what they feel to be the best course of action. Certainly the course of action can be discussed, but if one side claims all the experts are wrong it tends to undermine their line of argumentation.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion, that's either supposed to be a joke or else it is so flippant a response that it must be the case that you did not read the link given in the original post by which the particular circumstances were outlined for you.

I'm sorry Albion but I do not understand your response. Please point out what you feel I missed and I will respond to it.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0