✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Get a Bible!
Christian God made Him to be sin for us so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.jpg

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Have a minister or priest baptize you, and confess the Lord Jesus as your Savior and receive His Holy Spirit. I'm not adding any scriptural references as they may be new to you. You can buy a bible online or download a free version at https://www.bible.com/. I'd suggest reading the Gospel of John first. Try and find a good Church, or just fellowship here if you can't find one. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I would like to repent and build a relationship with Jesus. I do not even own a bible or attend any sort of church. What is my next move?
Get a Bible and read it. Fundamentals: Gospel of Luke (maybe Acts, which is Luke's second volume), Gospel of John, Romans and then church life 1Corintians.

The I recommend the rest of the letters to Christians, particularly 2Cor to 3John

Upvote 0

Small Fish

Matthew 16:17
Aug 9, 2017
Boksburg
✟16,065.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to repent and build a relationship with Jesus. I do not even own a bible or attend any sort of church. What is my next move?
Hi. I'm glad to hear that! Peter (who had the keys to the kingdom) was once asked this very same question said this...

Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This is a commandment with a promise. If you repent and is baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (taking his name like a women takes the name of her husband) then you are entitled to Eternal Life. It is your first step in obedience opening the door to the kingdom of God.

Acts 19 the same thing happened.

1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pray that God leads you to believers and a church that will be the most beneficial to the kingdom of God and your Christian maturity. I and others reading pray this as well. This church should be one where the Holy Spirit is evidenced and doctrine aligns with the bible. You also should have a witness inside that much of this is good and seems right. Sometimes you might seem overwhelmed but accepting and moving on with Christ is the best thing you can do in this world and in eternity.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Do you know what repentance is? Basically, it means to change your mind about something and so take a new course. It is not confession which results from repentance. So, about what are you changing your mind? Do you know what a new course with God will be like, what will be required of you? If not, informing yourself should be your next step. To that end, a Bible is necessary. I would suggest beginning to read in the Gospel of John and then perhaps Paul's letter to the Romans. I would also highly recommend getting into a proper discipleship course. A church that has no such course you should avoid.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Ayes, Ask God for help and keep asking until he answers, but attend a few mainstream churches once to check them out. It would be good if someone who knew what they were doing would lead you in the sinner's prayer and explain what it means. Any church leader can help you with that. A (possibly) good church would offer to give you someone you can contact to whom you can ask questions. They might also recommend a Bible study group. If a church requires that you submit to church authority, then flee. It's not that it's a bad idea, but it means you would enter into a relationship you would be trapped in (and accountable to God) before you understand what such an agreement entails. For the rest of your life, keep your daily focus on the living Jesus Christ and he'll guide you.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9, 1984 NIV)

By the way, every church I've attended long-term would love to give you a copy of the Bible free. Just ask.

The churches people would recommend you try out heavily depends on who you ask; that's why reading the Book of Genesis and some books of the New Testament first is valuable. Unfortunately every large denomination has both good and bad individual churches, which is why it would be very helpful if the Lord guided you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith is a free gift. You can't earn it or buy it, just accept it. The Bible tells us that Jesus initiate and maintains a Christian's trust in Him. Faith is another word for trust. If we have Faith in Jesus we have trust in Him to Save us and Change us. Repentance is turning away from sin or rebellion against Jesus, and turning towards Him in trust. When we realize that we aren't statisfied in our sins and in the world, we turn to Jesus to fill us and statify us with His Love and Forgiveness and Faithfulness. Everyone who wants to be free from sin like pride, greed, lust, envy, etc comes to Jesus to be set free from sin and set free to love and forgive others.

Upvote 0