fellowship with (and pick on) stormboy (13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormboy

Mar 23, 2004
✟51,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The boys had a blast last nite! :D Played til early hours of the morning, slept, ate brekky, then back into it again until dinner time tonite, then back into it again until his friend left about an hour ago! :D

yikes that was a marathon!
I don't play that long anymore use to but the eyes get to tired lol

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,120.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yep a neutral card but grey? don't you normally set it to white or is is cloudy? :confused:
I used that feature once for taking product photo's were I did not want to fire a flash on zinc plating :D so I set the WB to a white paper in my office on a tripod with shutter release

What model flash you got? Speedlight?
I was looking today at Camera Paradise they have pretty good price infact cheaper than Kogan!

An 18% gray card is used to determine exposure. So like for the group shots, I'll have the bride hold the gray card, I'll fill the frame with the card and set my camera to auto...whatever numbers it gives me when I press down the shutter are the numbers I should manually set my camera to. I have a habit of being lazy and justwinging it, but I really want to do it right for a wedding and I know getting a white dress to expose properly with everyone else in darker clothes can be difficult. Thankfully her girls will be wearing a coral color and the guys will be in light colored suits.

I have a 430EX II. The only problem with that flash is that it can't be a master, it can only be a slave, and it's my only flash. My dream is to get the 580EX II and use that as a master and my 430 as a slave so I get nice off camera lighting. Oh well maybe someday!!

And yes Tinsy Winsy Wooo....I do swear to tell da troof, do whole trooof, and nuffin but da troof...now what wuzz da question again?! :p

I...don't...remember....

Tis a bit nippy indeed! I love winter...not a fan of summer at all!

Yep prefer cooler weather. :)

Y'all can trade with me during the winter then. I'll be happy to take your 100 degree weather over my 0 degree weather...in celcius that's...I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Upvote 0

Stormboy

Mar 23, 2004
✟51,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An 18% gray card is used to determine exposure. So like for the group shots, I'll have the bride hold the gray card, I'll fill the frame with the card and set my camera to auto...whatever numbers it gives me when I press down the shutter are the numbers I should manually set my camera to. I have a habit of being lazy and justwinging it, but I really want to do it right for a wedding and I know getting a white dress to expose properly with everyone else in darker clothes can be difficult. Thankfully her girls will be wearing a coral color and the guys will be in light colored suits.

I have a 430EX II. The only problem with that flash is that it can't be a master, it can only be a slave, and it's my only flash. My dream is to get the 580EX II and use that as a master and my 430 as a slave so I get nice off camera lighting. Oh well maybe someday!!

Make sense with white the camera will tend to under expose, like taking pictures in snow, but the moderns do OK I was looking at the 430 just bang for buck though unless you really going to use the bigger ones eg weddings ;)

Canon Speedlite 600 EX-RT Flash

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol

funny-cat-pictures-with-quotes-funny-cat-fail22-sharenator-78277.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,120.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Storm...you will probably be jealous of me! Went to a town wide yard sale...tons of yard sales...and I came home with 5 new lenses. Yes. FIVE. One of them is a Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro lens...worth about 370 here...another is a 28-80mm worth about 220 here...the other three are for older cameras and will need adapters or I can sell them. But they came with two older film cameras (one is a Rebel) and a flash...most of it is barely used. I paid 200 for the lot...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

forest flower

His beloved daughter
Mar 1, 2013
South Australia
✟26,323.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This page is hilarious. Thanks to many great entries.

Funniest goes to:
Katie for The Cheez-it Game
954744_10151669533886322_604608964_n.jpg

Weirdest goes to:
littleredkiss484 for the Man-in-Half
Man Cut in Half Prank Scares People | Fox News Insider

Ironic goes to:
Katie with Fail
funny-cat-pictures-with-quotes-funny-cat-fail22-sharenator-78277.jpg

And... Off Topic goes to:
Tins with her response about cameras.
Storm...you will probably be jealous of me! Went to a town wide yard sale...tons of yard sales...and I came home with 5 new lenses. Yes. FIVE. One of them is a Sigma 50mm 2.8 macro lens...worth about 370 here...another is a 28-80mm worth about 220 here...the other three are for older cameras and will need adapters or I can sell them. But they came with two older film cameras (one is a Rebel) and a flash...most of it is barely used. I paid 200 for the lot...

Reactions: NumberOfStars
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.