Fellowship thread for men's Vocational track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I thought that since it seems we have atleast 3 people in OBOB who are either in seminary or going to be eventualy that we should have a fellowship thread for those of us. I think we actualy have alot of discerning individuals as well. This thread is dedicated to the fellowship and support of all those men seeking the priesthood of the Catholic Church.

Brother Justin <M><

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thats great man. I will make sure to keep praying for you! Discernment can be a long process. I hope this thread can become a real fellowship thread for those of us going through the process. It is hard sometimes. Lately I have attended alot of weddings and each one makes me understand more and more the sacrifice I must make to follow this road! That's why we need to hold each other up!

Brother Justin <M><

Upvote 0

JewelInHisCrown

Contributor
Nov 28, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟17,252.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just a female chiming in - hope someone who is discerning being a sister/nun sees this and starts a fellowship thread for women seeking being a sister. I think it is a great idea. I know some women on here are thinking that and hopefully they will follow your lead.

By the way, I keep all you guys in prayer. We as a Catholic family need many priests and good ones. I pray for your discernment and for your future.

God bless you all...
Ok, female signing out. LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just thought I'd say that I like the idea for this thread. I was in the seminary a short time and still keep in touch with everyone. One of my friends from high school was a year behind me and is an excellent priest.

Trying to see where God is calling us is difficult at times but rewarding beyond belief.

My prayers for you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Irenaeus said:
<Reports in>

Seminarian present and accounted for!

I covet your prayers for me! :wave:
I am very excited to be beginning in the fall and I am overjoyed to be doing what I believe God has called me for.
I will certainly be praying for you very much bro. I wanted to join in the Fall but if I finish my under grad here at Simpson my process will go alot faster which is good :).

Brother Justin <M><

Upvote 0

Number 81

ಠ_ಠ
Mar 31, 2003
✟2,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking of it, I get all excited when I think about it, being a priest, walking around in black, performing sacraments, blessing stuff...
When I think of the other vocations I'm not too sure, I don't think I would like marriage, just because I don't think that God has been trying very hard to throw that path to me, it doesn't stir in me the emotions that the thought of being a priest does.

Upvote 0

Mysterium_Fidei

Romanist
May 15, 2005
The Diocese of Charlotte
✟9,936.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've never felt a very strong desire to be married, and I don't exactly get overly attracted to women. This could possibly be due to the fact I'm still maturing, but I love the idea of being a priest. I've have a strong desire to celebrate Mass. It seems very natural to me, I can't imagine doing anything else.

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I play with the idea all the time. When I was younger I had I dream that I was becoming a Cardinal! And the scary thing is that I never knew what a Priest or Cardinal looked like. It wasn't until I got older that I understood what it was.

God has called me at different times I think. The thought brings tears to my eyes. I would just have to convince my father.......

Please pray for my discernment......

:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.