• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Fellowship Thread (6)

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by scjohnson1973, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoynTx

JoynTx Joyfilled Believer

+1,770
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Cindy I have never eaten beet greens raw but it seems I have read somewhere that you can. But maybe you better do a search on it if noone else knows. 'Cause I'm just not sure. (I love beets though) How do you fix them?

2. CindyisHis

CindyisHis I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well hey, Josh!

3. mssurrendered

mssurrendered With God ALL things are possible

+3,874
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I get to go on friday and saturday to the garage sale my brother is having,it is for the friend of ours that died a couple of months ago,that we already had the auctionfor.I got to buy things last night from it before it goes on.It is so huge,tables of stuff.I got some really cool real crystal dishes,like relish dishes and stuff for two bucks each.And a stainless steel coffee perc,for camping 4.50.I got some awesome deals wish you could all come.
    Theres like 30 or 40 nice necklaces,I only bought the one.Didn`t want to b too greedy.Its just such cheap prices.

4. Ariel

Ariel Servant

+8,277
    Christian
    Married
    Hello everyone :wave:

5. mssurrendered

+3,874
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hi Ariel,Hows it going for you today?

6. JoynTx

+1,770
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    :wave:Hi Ariel!! It's good to see you, how are you?

7. Ariel

Ariel Servant

+8,277
    Christian
    Married
    I just saw this. I am praying for you and your husband, your daughter, her ex, and most of all for that precious little girl.

8. JoynTx

+1,770
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Mss, I wish I could go too. I love going to garage sales. I always look for good books (and plants). I had a good friend and she and I used to go together. She never met a stranger and we always had fun visiting with whoever was having the sales. She passed away about two yrs. ago and it sure left a big hole in my life and my heart. Anyway, hope you have a good time and maybe you will get to buy some more stuff!! :)

9. CindyisHis

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi Ariel! I see you're here too. :)

Lots of ways. As far as the tops (the greens), I have juiced them, and sauteed them. I ate them as a salad today for the first time.

The beets themselves as so versatile. They're great cooked, raw, and juiced. I love them raw in my salads. I put a half a beet, a half a carrot, a stalk of celery, and a fourth or so of a zucchini in my Vita-Mix and chop it fine and put it on my salad. I usually have enough for about 2-3 salads doing that.

Beets are great roasted in the oven. Slice them thin and toss them in extra virgin olive oil, a little sea salt and pepper, and thyme is good too. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until tender. Might as well roast other veggies when you do that, like asparagus, carrots, onion, garlic, even okra is good roasted! And don't forget potatoes. Both Idaho and sweet potatoes are great roasted.

10. CindyisHis

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Good thing you brought that back up. I saw it and prayed, but if it gets a few pages back it gets forgotten and some never see it the first time. We need to continue in prayer for them.

11. mssurrendered

+3,874
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That all sounds good Cindy,you should put that on our recipe thred,so we can look in and get it when we want to try it.I love roasted potatoes.
    Gotta go out now,love ya all:kiss:

12. JoynTx

+1,770
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Cindy you need to post some of your good recipes on the Recipe Exchange thread!! I bet you are an awesome cook and I know we could all benefit from some healthy recipes.

13. JoynTx

+1,770
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Mss and I think alike. :)

Talk to you later mss.. love ya!! God bless you!

14. mssurrendered

+3,874
    Pentecostal
    Married
    :amen:
    :amen:Amen to that!

15. mrguitar

mrguitar Senior Veteran

+539
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Prayer? Who needs prayer?

*awaits prayer request so he can pray*

16. CindyisHis

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Already have a thread going on this? Send the link.

I've posted over there some time ago on a few different threads, and tried to get a few threads going to no avail.

How about a health food thread? Is that what you have going over there?

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48181294&postcount=3388

17. CindyisHis

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    We're praying for you. :pray:

18. mrguitar

mrguitar Senior Veteran

+539
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thanks Cindy!!!

Will be praying!

19. CindyisHis

+3,196
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    I have to go everyone. Going to a prayer meeting at church in a bit. I want to prepare myself. Pray the Lord would lead us in the things He desires to do tonight.

20. mrguitar

mrguitar Senior Veteran

+539
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Will be prayin' for you too sis!!!!

Pray the roof off of that building! :)

God Bless,
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.