With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I get to go on friday and saturday to the garage sale my brother is having,it is for the friend of ours that died a couple of months ago,that we already had the auctionfor.I got to buy things last night from it before it goes on.It is so huge,tables of stuff.I got some really cool real crystal dishes,like relish dishes and stuff for two bucks each.And a stainless steel coffee perc,for camping 4.50.I got some awesome deals wish you could all come.
Theres like 30 or 40 nice necklaces,I only bought the one.Didn`t want to b too greedy.Its just such cheap prices.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask for prayer for my daughter. She has split from an abusive husband who hit her on several occasions. Her divorce became final today but now we are in a Battle for custody of her little girl. I have been praying lots and know that our lord above will help us to prevail but I feel that we need all the prayer we can get. His family is trying to prove our daughter an unfit mother. at this time she has custody and he has supervised visitation with my husband and I. He actually left four months ago and moved in with another woman. My prayers are that custody remain as is until he finishes his anger management as was ordered by the courts. At that time both our daughter and us are okay with him spending time with his daughter as he can be a vital part of her life, we just want to make sure she is safe. His father also spent 4 years in prison for child molestation so we have concerns. Thanks for any and all support.

I just saw this. I am praying for you and your husband, your daughter, her ex, and most of all for that precious little girl.

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I get to go on friday and saturday to the garage sale my brother is having,it is for the friend of ours that died a couple of months ago,that we already had the auctionfor.I got to buy things last night from it before it goes on.It is so huge,tables of stuff.I got some really cool real crystal dishes,like relish dishes and stuff for two bucks each.And a stainless steel coffee perc,for camping 4.50.I got some awesome deals wish you could all come.
Theres like 30 or 40 nice necklaces,I only bought the one.Didn`t want to b too greedy.Its just such cheap prices.

Mss, I wish I could go too. I love going to garage sales. I always look for good books (and plants). I had a good friend and she and I used to go together. She never met a stranger and we always had fun visiting with whoever was having the sales. She passed away about two yrs. ago and it sure left a big hole in my life and my heart. Anyway, hope you have a good time and maybe you will get to buy some more stuff!! :)

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ariel! I see you're here too. :)

Cindy I have never eaten beet greens raw but it seems I have read somewhere that you can. But maybe you better do a search on it if noone else knows. 'Cause I'm just not sure. (I love beets though) How do you fix them?
Lots of ways. As far as the tops (the greens), I have juiced them, and sauteed them. I ate them as a salad today for the first time.

The beets themselves as so versatile. They're great cooked, raw, and juiced. I love them raw in my salads. I put a half a beet, a half a carrot, a stalk of celery, and a fourth or so of a zucchini in my Vita-Mix and chop it fine and put it on my salad. I usually have enough for about 2-3 salads doing that.

Beets are great roasted in the oven. Slice them thin and toss them in extra virgin olive oil, a little sea salt and pepper, and thyme is good too. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until tender. Might as well roast other veggies when you do that, like asparagus, carrots, onion, garlic, even okra is good roasted! And don't forget potatoes. Both Idaho and sweet potatoes are great roasted.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just saw this. I am praying for you and your husband, your daughter, her ex, and most of all for that precious little girl.
Good thing you brought that back up. I saw it and prayed, but if it gets a few pages back it gets forgotten and some never see it the first time. We need to continue in prayer for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ariel! I see you're here too. :)

Lots of ways. As far as the tops (the greens), I have juiced them, and sauteed them. I ate them as a salad today for the first time.

The beets themselves as so versatile. They're great cooked, raw, and juiced. I love them raw in my salads. I put a half a beet, a half a carrot, a stalk of celery, and a fourth or so of a zucchini in my Vita-Mix and chop it fine and put it on my salad. I usually have enough for about 2-3 salads doing that.

Beets are great roasted in the oven. Slice them thin and toss them in extra virgin olive oil, a little sea salt and pepper, and thyme is good too. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until tender. Might as well roast other veggies when you do that, like asparagus, carrots, onion, garlic, even okra is good roasted! And don't forget potatoes. Both Idaho and sweet potatoes are great roasted.

That all sounds good Cindy,you should put that on our recipe thred,so we can look in and get it when we want to try it.I love roasted potatoes.
Gotta go out now,love ya all:kiss:

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:amen:
Good thing you brought that back up. I saw it and prayed, but if it gets a few pages back it gets forgotten and some never see it the first time. We need to continue in prayer for them.

:amen:Amen to that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That all sounds good Cindy,you should put that on our recipe thred,so we can look in and get it when we want to try it.I love roasted potatoes.
Gotta go out now,love ya all:kiss:
Already have a thread going on this? Send the link.

I've posted over there some time ago on a few different threads, and tried to get a few threads going to no avail.

How about a health food thread? Is that what you have going over there?

Prayer? Who needs prayer?

*awaits prayer request so he can pray*

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48181294&postcount=3388

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ask for prayer for my daughter. She has split from an abusive husband who hit her on several occasions. Her divorce became final today but now we are in a Battle for custody of her little girl. I have been praying lots and know that our lord above will help us to prevail but I feel that we need all the prayer we can get. His family is trying to prove our daughter an unfit mother. at this time she has custody and he has supervised visitation with my husband and I. He actually left four months ago and moved in with another woman. My prayers are that custody remain as is until he finishes his anger management as was ordered by the courts. At that time both our daughter and us are okay with him spending time with his daughter as he can be a vital part of her life, we just want to make sure she is safe. His father also spent 4 years in prison for child molestation so we have concerns. Thanks for any and all support.

Oh Lord, yes, I stand in agreement with mtcg for her granddaughter's safety. We pray for favor for this family in the courtroom. Safety for this child. And we also pray for healing in the heart of her mother. I pray for restoration in her soul. Be a husband to her now, making not only provision, but be her first love as she is bathed in Your love. Bless this grandmother for the support she's giving. Support her.
We're praying for you. :pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.