scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hello all!

let me start by saying that me and my bf have been together for a little over two years now.  presently, his parents are going through a rather messy divorce.  he really needs God right now.  when i see him this weekend and spend time with him, i want to get into the word and pray with him.  i want for us to spend a lot of time with God this weekend.  are there any other activities that you guys can think of other than praying and getting into the word?  i just can't see us doing that for more than an hour or so...

thanks all for your replies!!!

God Bless!

How about going out to serve others. Maybe make a bunch of sandwiches and take them out to the streets to feed homeless people....I am not kidding. Nothing like helping someone else when you are needing faith and strength in your walk with God.

Maybe find a place to volunteer together. Go to the library and find something to read that you both like. Make cookies and take them to a neighbor or a nursing home just to brighten other peoples days. Get into nature and walk and talk. Rent a movie with something to it and talk about it afterwards.

Best thing to do, after the word and prayer......I think is service. Of course going to church to worship, or getting together with other believers are good options too.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but if it is I hope you enjoy!

Upvote 0

ScottEmerson

I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
Hey... I admire your desire to help him, but I'd like to add a word of caution:

When two people who date begin to pray together as intensely as you are suggesting, the two become very intimate spiritually together. Sounds great, right? Actually, it's not. In my experience in student ministry, and as a marriage counselor, that intimacy almost always spills over into the physical domain, and that's bad news!

I strongly suggest that you are there for him, but NOT specifically pray together for extended periods of time. Let him know you're praying for him daily - but if I were you, I'd refrain from doing something like you're suggesting!

Service, though, is an awesome bonding experience though!

Upvote 0