Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello fellow Hoosiers! I was born and raised around the Lafayette/Crawfordsville area. Currently serving in the Navy in Yokosuka Japan!

Thank You for your service. :hug:

I live in Marion but would rather live in Elwood. :)

Upvote 0

elahmine

Jul 1, 2011
✟15,880.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Located in South Bend...I don't know why, I thought that this thread was about the weather....I have no idea why. Anyway if anyone is curious it is rainy and snowy both. Back to the topic, how is everyone.
I am getting ready to attend IUSB!

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Hoosier, but you sure do have some pretty scenery between Santa Claus, Indiana and Louisville, Ky., especially just west of Corydon near English, Ind. That area kinda reminds me of the Ozarks area north and east of Branson, Missouri, or some areas in Ky. or Tenn. And they say travelling the interstates ain't scenic... Interstate 64 west of Louisville sure makes a lie out of that statement! Very pleasant scenery (and people, especially the good Amish cooking!). Larry Bird, I am impressed with your native region.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not a Hoosier, but you sure do have some pretty scenery between Santa Claus, Indiana and Louisville, Ky., especially just west of Corydon near English, Ind. That area kinda reminds me of the Ozarks area north and east of Branson, Missouri, or some areas in Ky. or Tenn. And they say travelling the interstates ain't scenic... Interstate 64 west of Louisville sure makes a lie out of that statement! Very pleasant scenery (and people, especially the good Amish cooking!). Larry Bird, I am impressed with your native region.

I make that drive (between Evansville and Louisville) a lot. Where's the Amish cooking? I've had some good cooking between here and Bloomington, but never along that stretch. I always thought I64 most of the way was the most desolate, boring road ever. If you drive it after 10 p.m. you start to wonder if the rest of the world was nuked and you're the only one left, or if you're even on the right road going the right direction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I make that drive (between Evansville and Louisville) a lot. Where's the Amish cooking? I've had some good cooking between here and Bloomington, but never along that stretch. I always thought I64 most of the way was the most desolate, boring road ever. If you drive it after 10 p.m. you start to wonder if the rest of the world was nuked and you're the only one left, or if you're even on the right road going the right direction.
Actually, I ate at a good Amish restaurant (Schwartz, I believe was the name) a few miles north of 1 - 64 going toward French Lick. Interstate 64 in that stretch looks "Ozarkian", has some nice hills (no mountains like the Smokies or Rockies or whatever) and cute limestone outcroppings, and is positively beautiful near the Ohio River. I saw a couple of natural bridges in the area (somewhat like Red River Gorge or Natural Bridge area of Ky., only smaller) and even a couple of gorges. I toured Marengo Cave (no Mammoth Cave or Carlsbad Caverns, but nice nonetheless). One thing I like about that area of Indiana it ain't all flat as a flitter checkerboard square farmland (nothing against that, flat land ain't my thing, that's all). Seemed really peaceful there.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, I ate at a good Amish restaurant (Schwartz, I believe was the name) a few miles north of 1 - 64 going toward French Lick. Interstate 64 in that stretch looks "Ozarkian", has some nice hills (no mountains like the Smokies or Rockies or whatever) and cute limestone outcroppings, and is positively beautiful near the Ohio River. I saw a couple of natural bridges in the area (somewhat like Red River Gorge or Natural Bridge area of Ky., only smaller) and even a couple of gorges. I toured Marengo Cave (no Mammoth Cave or Carlsbad Caverns, but nice nonetheless). One thing I like about that area of Indiana it ain't all flat as a flitter checkerboard square farmland (nothing against that, flat land ain't my thing, that's all). Seemed really peaceful there.

That's odd. Most of the places that aren't flat in southern Indiana that I know of are/were strip mines.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's odd. Most of the places that aren't flat in southern Indiana that I know of are/were strip mines.
Sounds like where you are talking about is to the west of there, toward the Illinois border. The area I'm talking about is closer to Louisville, and toward Paoli and Corydon and English and so forth. Floyds Knobs is a pretty high hill (for Indiana, anyway) overlooking the Ohio River and Louisville skyline, lots of radio and t.v. antennas there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.