Fellow Christians, please help me understand why people choose evil?

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
About the time we are 10 years old, we learn the difference between what is right and what is wrong. The moral compass that we're born with becomes active so we can tell the difference. Some people at this age simply become evil- they may not have a role model except the drug dealers, the psychotic killers on television or the violence they see on the internet.

Example: the 17 year old boy and his 14 year old cohort who killed that 13 month old baby in Atlanta, Georgia. Study their lives- you can get some data from the Atlanta Constitution Newspaper which has done a rather extensive investigation. No role model= no settin of the moral compass. But even the dumbest idiot on the planet knows killing is wrong.

That 17 year old is going to spend the rest of his life in prison being some gangs new rape sex toy. the 14 year old its hard to say whats going to happen.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God has given me a great ability of seeing both sides to arguments(even the most ludicrous ones). I can tell you that in their mind, it makes sense. It makes sense to be "evil" because to them, it is not evil. To them it is good. They may have logic or science or philosophy backing their claims, and from their perspective it makes sense. From my experience I can tell you that you won't full understand another perspective until you've tried it. I don't have to(thank God), but that's only because of the gift God gave me. All I can tell you is that there are flaws that can't really be seen from one's unique perspective without someone else there. I think that is why Paul warned us to have fellowship with other believers. This way, we get the different perspectives and we aren't lured into false teachings and prideful attempts at theology.

Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The other way it happens is demonic oppression.

Have you ever heard someone say that power is better than sex? When they want their way with a person they sink their fish hooks into their pleasure centers and absolutely drive them wild. It takes a person with knowledge of the bible who really wants to know the Lord Jesus Christ to release themselves of such things.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Starmarigold1791. Adam and Eve were living happily with God in the Garden of Eden, until TEMPTATION, in the guise of a Serpent, put an end to this. Adam and Eve, our proto-types, believed the TEMPTER rather than God.
We all know what happened then: God banished Adam and Eve and all who came after, to Earth where they were surrounded by temptation, day and night.
God knew that Temptation was a major enemy of the Love which God had given to Mankind. God is Love, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. God has given us years to learn to Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds, Also: to love our neighbour as we love ourselves. We are in this imperfect world to learn to say NO to temptation, and YES to Love: for God and for our neighbour.
Why do people choose evil? because temptation is all around us, and we:
men and women have to learn to say NO to temptation, and YES to Love.
In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells a Lawyer: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself." Then Jesus points out: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
Jesus told us: " Ask and ye shall receive," then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour." ( Matthew 7: 7-8) God is Love and God wants our Love, for God our Heavenly Father, and for our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. Keep asking God for Love and Joy,
then thanking God and sharing all Love and Joy with our neighbour.
Why choose evil, when we only have to ask for Love and Joy, then share it all amongst us? We might stumble and forget at times, but then ask God to forgive us, and carry on loving sharing: Love is very catching. I say this with love, Starmarigold. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So tell me, if these people know right from wrong, why do they do it anyway? I just do not understand.....

Around the age of 10 to 12 years old, we "wake up" and realize we have a "moral compass" that tells us the difference between what is right and what is wrong.

Evil gives the appearance of goodness; this is why we're told to judge by the person or spirits fruit to see the truth.

However, there are some people who are so selfish they don't really see other people as people. They see them as tools, as cattle, as pieces on a chessboard to use and abuse as they see fit.

A few examples:

1)The General who orders the Colonel who orders the Captain who orders the Lieutenant to lead the platoon against the enemy. Its calculated to win the battle in spite of sending good honest loyal men and women to their deaths. It comes with the job description.

2)Some people like being mentally and spiritually ill- such as the Marques De Sade where we get the term "Sado-Machism" from. De Sade didn't see people as people; he saw them as playthings for him to abuse as he saw fit- the only time when he went to jail in spite of killing street prostitutes was when he started harming and killing the social elite.

3)The CEO of companys who moves a whole company overseas in the name of profits and fires everyone in the company.

Fortunately, this has blown up- General Electric small appliances moved to South Korea, and just 18 months ago moved back to an old factory they had in Detroit. Why? Because GE's mangers finally realized that not only were they saving money but they were training their competition how to build better products! So they moved their small kitchen appliances back to Detroit and hired 1250 former employee's back. Too bad it took them 20 years to figure this out and destroyed many lives.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0