Fellow Christians, please help me understand why people choose evil?

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God created one human flesh in Adam.
All human bodies have come from that one human flesh.
All human bodies are composed of human flesh.

God created one human spirit in Adam.
All human souls have come from that one human spirit.
All human souls are composed of human spirit.

Human spirit died in Adam and Eve.
We are all conceived with living human flesh and dead human spirit.
I was born with a living body and a dead soul.

In Adam, before I was a sinner, I sinned.
Because I was a sinner, I died.
While I was yet dead in my sins, God saved me from sin and death.

I am better off now than before I sinned because I it is no longer I who lives.
It is the Spirit of God who lives in me.
He is a deposit guaranteeing my place in the body of Christ and salvation from the second death.

Upvote 0

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you don't accept that man has a spiritual side, then man is no more morally accountable for his actions than a hamster. Socially accountable, yes -- crime would still be punished even were we mere deterministic automata with no spiritual component. But God breathed into us an awareness, though not an acceptance, of the spiritual, and that is what separates Man from Beast.
Hmm ...

Well I didn't say that man didn't have a spiritual side lol ... unless you are referencing where I was talking about the possibility that a "true atheist" is 100% spiritually dead. I still haven't come to a concrete conclusion on that one for myself, however ... if that's the case, then I wouldn't see why such a person would be held spiritually accountable when they are spiritually unable to do a single thing in the first place. So in that sense, I agree with the "no more morally accountable" statement of yours. Although I wouldn't use the word moral, I would use spiritual. But that could be a semantics difference. I think morality is a separate issue, often complicated by that tree in the Garden lol :)

But back to the spiritually dead person, it's actually one reason I have little issue with many atheists. If they don't even have the faculty to participate, then why would I hold anything against them lol ? And I keep using the term atheist, since it's bare bones definition of "without gods" seems most apt. If God is the God of the living, and not the dead ... then a 100% spiritually dead person is indeed without "gods".

"The day you eat that day you shall surely die. The life in Adam was eternal and he was ruled by God's sovereign will putting him in the kingdom of heaven. When this relationship was severed he lost all access to the eternal. He became simply an organic machine ruled by his organic will (physical desire). This will is a rebellious will not subject to God so everything thought of and done falls short of the glory of God. This is the condition of everyone born into the human race. We call this original sin and is constant condition. The man who has been given a measure of faith and seeing the hand of God in his environment, realizes he is going to die in this condition can believe Savior the Anointed and His promises. When he agrees with Him and repents the Holy Spirit sent by Him can enter into the man and take control of him. Initially the man has many lies and habits that war against the Spirit but the man can see the punishment that comes from the rebellious will and reckon the old man dead and submit to the Lordship of the Holy Spirit. He is a new creature, the old will is dead and cannot compel. The Holy Spirit is now his willer and doer, and the life he now lives is righteous and loving and living in the kingdom of God.
I'm probably in agreement with about 85-90% of the way you are phrasing things here ... but I can still see the "organic machine ruled by organic will" as still being a spiritual entity as well, even though that spirit is now severed and exiled from the Father, and the things of the Father, etc. Not a dead spirit, but a severed spirit.

Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As far as I can tell environment and genetics are both incredibly brutal factors. Your proclivities, your formative years, the kids you grow up with; it can be incredibly easy to turn out completely wrong if your environment is fertile for that kind of outcome. Its not to say there's no free will, just that I think there generally has to be a basis for making decisions and without being armed with the right internal material your available choices (what your aware of as being possible or fitting) are rather restricted.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As far as I can tell environment and genetics are both incredibly brutal factors. Your proclivities, your formative years, the kids you grow up with; it can be incredibly easy to turn out completely wrong if your environment is fertile for that kind of outcome. Its not to say there's no free will, just that I think there generally has to be a basis for making decisions and without being armed with the right internal material your available choices (what your aware of as being possible or fitting) are rather restricted.
what do you think about this: The organic machine lives not only in a physical universe that he is aware of but also in spiritual universe that he is not aware. That is to say he knows the rules of the physical. For instance he knows the law of gravity and knows if he jumps off a cliff he is not flying but falling and will eventually hit the ground. This idea is spiritually true as well but who knows it? Lets say a man and a woman both married to different spouses have an affair. They think they are flying and having fun, but the reality is that they both jumped off a spirirtual cliff and are not flying but will eventually hit the ground killing them both. By the way Itdepends how about "dead to God and alive to sin as opposed to alive to God and dead to sin".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends how lost people are in whether they have the faculty to sense spiritual cliffs. Yes, the spiritual dimension is absolutely another factor to be perceived and shape behavior/action, albeit I think it takes knowledge to act or knowledge to have a buffer against hazardous action. A lot of us are lucky enough to instinctively have a certain barrier against certain levels of sin albeit I don't know how uniform that is for certain. I'd like to think God gives that to everyone but I'm not sure where I'd find proof as such.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it depends how lost people are in whether they have the faculty to sense spiritual cliffs. Yes, the spiritual dimension is absolutely another factor to be perceived and shape behavior/action, albeit I think it takes knowledge to act or knowledge to have a buffer against hazardous action. A lot of us are lucky enough to instinctively have a certain barrier against certain levels of sin albeit I don't know how uniform that is for certain. I'd like to think God gives that to everyone but I'm not sure where I'd find proof as such.
lol If sinners knew the consequences of their sins, they would no more do them than jump off a cliff. The separated will is committed to fulfilling the lusts thereof and there is none good no not one. So refusing to rob a bank doesn't mean the sinner doesn't commit other sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lol If sinners knew the consequences of their sins, they would no more do them than jump off a cliff. The separated will is committed to fulfilling the lusts thereof and there is none good no not one. So refusing to rob a bank doesn't mean the sinner doesn't commit other sins.
This reminds me of the spiritual theory of multiplication where father lends spirit, mother lends body, and the soul is the fusion of the two and perhaps the soul itself is sort of gliding on a metaphorical wire or sliding scale between physical and spirit in terms of where its dedications lay.

Back when I was 25 or 26 I remember that I'd been in the middle of an agnostic spell, seen a local faith healer, and it inspired me to try and read the whole of the new testament which I hadn't done previously (have since as well as the OT) but what stopped me cold was John 6:44. I liked everything up until that point and when I sat that if fell like a lead weight. I'm still trying to read up as much as I can to figure out what I make of all of these particular issues. At times I can't help but hope that the bulk of those who are going to hell don't have 'I' experiences much like (I *think*) it was claimed that Nephimim were mergers of spirit and physical without the soul intermediary. Similarly I'd have to hope that there's some component that we're still missing that makes this and the allowed state of the world a just system. If otherwise it technically gets imputed that all believers are in essence watchmen and that the blood of those going to hell is on our hands if we sit idle.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This reminds me of the spiritual theory of multiplication where father lends spirit, mother lends body, and the soul is the fusion of the two and perhaps the soul itself is sort of gliding on a metaphorical wire or sliding scale between physical and spirit in terms of where its dedications lay.

father has no spirit to give, but gives half the chromosomes for a body. The soul is the awareness of being, the conscience mind produced by the chemistry of the human body. All the sensory and emotional part of our life. At least that is my theory. And the state of this world is the world of men separated from God and how just can it be in that condition? And you are right about our responsibility to others. "Owe no man ought but love." This requires us to share the good news for their sake since if we were on the other side we would want them to share with us. Not to mention that we also share the will of our Father who is not pleased with the death of any man but wants all men to come to repentance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
what do you think about this: The organic machine lives not only in a physical universe that he is aware of but also in spiritual universe that he is not aware. That is to say he knows the rules of the physical. For instance he knows the law of gravity and knows if he jumps off a cliff he is not flying but falling and will eventually hit the ground. This idea is spiritually true as well but who knows it? Lets say a man and a woman both married to different spouses have an affair. They think they are flying and having fun, but the reality is that they both jumped off a spirirtual cliff and are not flying but will eventually hit the ground killing them both. By the way Itdepends how about "dead to God and alive to sin as opposed to alive to God and dead to sin".
I would say that the organic machine is aware of the spiritual universe, they just don't know how to *label* it correctly or always tell the apples from the oranges. It becomes very easy to take for granted certain ways the spiritual universe functions and reflects in the physical universe, if you don't have anything dramatically different from what you are normally used to experiencing day to day to compare it to.

If the way the spiritual universe is reflecting in the physical is immediate and dramatic, it's quite obvious ... unless you are so USED TO IT, and have been taught that it's actually something else, that you simply label it as something else and take for granted the origin. Likewise, if the way the spiritual universe is reflecting is over time, you won't realize it until later, often with hindsight.

So in the hypothetical you give of the couple having an affair ... that moment where they decide to go for it, cross those lines of "morality", dive into deception, experience the rush of tasting the forbidden, begin their infatuation with each other, running with it all until that rush ends, the infatuation subsides, yada yada ..... all of that involves a complex dance of spiritual components and laws written on hearts and minds for the individual, reflecting in the physical: the way they emotionally, mentally, physically respond. However do they see it as such ? Probably not .... it's called "Human nature" or "that's just the way life is, these things happen," and it's taken for granted that a lot of those things involve spiritual components. It's so "normal" that there is nothing remarkable about their choices. Later though, once deception has had time to run it's course, families break apart, people react and respond over time .... a person might experience regret perhaps, lonliness, loss, and then begin to make up for it in other ways: dependency on stuff-and-things in order to compensate for their spiritual needs. In a generic example: let's say one of the couples split up, it devistates the man, his children are taken from him and he only gets visitation rights, he now owes child support, he turns to drinking to help with the loss of seeing his children the way he would like, the drinking starts to deteriorate his body, reflecting in his moods, etc ... he starts looking desperately for a new partner/mate/spouse, ends up contracting an STD as he tries to relive that initial moment he felt when cheating and haphazardly picks someone who has such a disease. They will later regret their choices, but they won't link all of those effects to spiritual consequences. It's still just "That's part of life, oh well."

This is why I'm not sold on the idea that chemistryman is 100% spiritually dead, because such a man can still enjoy the fruits of eating both the helpful and harmful aspects of the spiritual universe, but not always understand what it is they are eating of course. They assume it's merely physical, or they don't question the origin and they just take the origin for granted.

I think this is getting closer to how chem chemistryman is, and whether or not they have those "barriers".

The nation of Israel had laws, that were enforced spiritually, etc and so forth. So, over their lives, were ministering spirits, enforcing certain laws that were unique to their nation, etc and so forth. The Gentiles were not Israel, and consequently had a "different operating system" over their lives and countries and cultures, so to speak. I'm speaking before Christ of course.

Yet we also see that the Gentile did certain things according to certain laws naturally, showing that the laws were written on their hearts and minds, and their consciences bore witness. So .... I am somewhat of the camp that the "other nations" operated similarly to the way Israel operated ... with certain laws and ways of life helping to govern them, enforced through spiritual entities (like Israel), but not serving the same purpose as Israel of course. Thus, different people's have different laws written on their hearts, enforced by different ministering spirits (angels, etc). So while an Israelite may have looked at a Roman and thought they were godless, the Romans had certain laws written on their hearts and minds. Certain boundaries they wouldn't go passed, and to go passed those boundaries they would experience the moral issues, the spiritual issues, etc. Those boundaries may have been wildly different from the Israelite, but they were there nonetheless.

Enter Christ, and take a simple example of "Can I now eat this bacon ?" lol. Even though it's now permissiable to eat certain things like the Gentiles eat, etc ... people still struggled with it. Why ? There were laws and such written on their hearts, and even though those laws might have been removed or spiritually put to death .... there are still other spirits involved in trying to enforce and minister them, etc. So there are still spiritual consequences. And take two brothers, put them in the same room .... one has weak faith, one has grown stronger and put to death his old man and thus realized some of the purpose behind those laws ... if he eats the bacon and destroys his brother in doing so, even though it's permissiable, there are still spiritual consequences. Each person has certain laws, written on their hearts, guided by ministering spirits, with spiritual conseqneces, and not everyone is at the same place in their growth and change yet. So while one person can eat the bacon, the other can't yet without the consequence, and you can help that other person by not eating bacon yourself lol.

All of that to say ... that I think you can tell whether a person has those "barriers" naturally, by examining their moral/ethical boundaries. What are they willing to do, or not do ? At what point do they pull back and say, "That's wrong!" ? And does their current society help to enforce it, or does it come naturally ? I think often times, the presence of those barriers is the result of spiritual influence, perhaps even God directly writing unique laws on that person's heart and mind for their own personal benefit. So that is possible evidence, pointing to the idea that those barriers have been spiritually placed there, whether the person recognizes them as spiritual or not. Sometimes :).

Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
father has no spirit to give, but gives half the chromosomes for a body. The soul is the awareness of being, the conscience mind produced by the chemistry of the human body. All the sensory and emotional part of our life. At least that is my theory. And the state of this world is the world of men separated from God and how just can it be in that condition? And you are right about our responsibility to others. "Owe no man ought but love." This requires us to share the good news for their sake since if we were on the other side we would want them to share with us. Not to mention that we also share the will of our Father who is not pleased with the death of any man but wants all men to come to repentance.
The first time I heard about this was a recent Paradox Brown video regarding a debunk of the Book of Enoch - its probably the only thing that I really agreed with her on, I was less impressed with her reckoning of Revelations.

The theory goes that Adam's rib was taken to make Eve however Eve received soul from Adam. Similarly Jesus was both fully God and fully man by Mary being given a whole new Y chromosome - if it were otherwise he'd be half man and half God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The nation of Israel had laws, that were enforced spiritually, etc and so forth. So, over their lives, were ministering spirits, enforcing certain laws that were unique to their nation, etc and so forth. The Gentiles were not Israel, and consequently had a "different operating system" over their lives and countries and cultures, so to speak. I'm speaking before Christ of course.
There seems to be two sets of morality in our existence - utilitarian morality which anyone can find and then eschatological morality which has more far-reaching components and it seems to get highlighted when we contrast the morals of the religious vs areligious or pagan.

I personally still don't know what to make of certain angles of the Levitical laws. Some people try to argue that split-hoof, crawling, and aquatic bottom-dwelling things were included as bad because of sanitation issues; I'm not quite as convinced that there were huge sanitary innovations between the times of Moses and Jesus so it seems like there might be something else entirely. My best guess in looking at some of the more recent theories is that things that dig in the mud may well have access to demons which are essentially bound in the earth by God. This might very well be Jesus by extension revealing that the Holy Spirit now unleashed for man would stop this.

Enter Christ, and take a simple example of "Can I now eat this bacon ?" lol. Even though it's now permissiable to eat certain things like the Gentiles eat, etc ... people still struggled with it. Why ? There were laws and such written on their hearts, and even though those laws might have been removed or spiritually put to death .... there are still other spirits involved in trying to enforce and minister them, etc. So there are still spiritual consequences. And take two brothers, put them in the same room .... one has weak faith, one has grown stronger and put to death his old man and thus realized some of the purpose behind those laws ... if he eats the bacon and destroys his brother in doing so, even though it's permissiable, there are still spiritual consequences. Each person has certain laws, written on their hearts, guided by ministering spirits, with spiritual conseqneces, and not everyone is at the same place in their growth and change yet. So while one person can eat the bacon, the other can't yet without the consequence, and you can help that other person by not eating bacon yourself lol.

All of that to say ... that I think you can tell whether a person has those "barriers" naturally, by examining their moral/ethical boundaries. What are they willing to do, or not do ? At what point do they pull back and say, "That's wrong!" ? And does their current society help to enforce it, or does it come naturally ? I think often times, the presence of those barriers is the result of spiritual influence, perhaps even God directly writing unique laws on that person's heart and mind for their own personal benefit. So that is possible evidence, pointing to the idea that those barriers have been spiritually placed there, whether the person recognizes them as spiritual or not. Sometimes :).
Right, 1st Corinthians I believe. Also yes, I think God is looking out for those who mean well, know they mean well, and are constantly striving to find the truth. I think what Paul were moral heuristic clashes - ie. those who aren't as well learned or aware have broader and more generalized moral heuristics to 'play it safe', you're also right that for the Jews this would be a historical habit and that if they don't feel its safe or have the proper internal understanding of why its safe they shouldn't do it because they'll do it for the wrong reasons. Similarly in a much different but more modern analogy would be that just because you can drink responsibly doesn't mean you have the right to temp an alcoholic by dragging them out to the local sports bar - the results of the night for you and for them would be very different.

Upvote 0

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There seems to be two sets of morality in our existence - utilitarian morality which anyone can find and then eschatological morality which has more far-reaching components and it seems to get highlighted when we contrast the morals of the religious vs areligious or pagan.
Just to expand a bit on the utilitarian morality/escha morality dichotomy:

I think most people (believers, not unbelievers, as the unbeliever who gives morality critical thought may argue that morality doesn't even exist lol) tend to view utilitarian morality as comprised of "good and evil". In other words, the choices you make are either going to be for the good, or for evil. When you add "God's morality" into the mix, it's viewed as PERFECT. In other words, it is so distinctly different from "common morality" that it's similar to the difference between men and ants.

Thus, escha morality is "perfect" while we humans are left with "good and evil".

I might argue that escha morality is best expressed through utilitarian morality, however, in that what makes escha morality "perfect" isn't it's perfect execution of a law, or a concept .... rather what makes it perfect and distinct is that it's loving.

A classic example of this is the Judgement of Solomon. The true mother of the child in question, ended up being willing to give her child to the false mother, out of her love for the child and desire to see it live rather than horrifically sliced in half. Now, if something similar happened today, there would likely be a split camp of people's opinion: there would be those who viewed her as a coward, caving into the enemy, going along with an evil court, allowing deception and lies to rule the day and win over her own child. There would be those who would understand her predicament and hope for the best as she gave her own child away to the enemy and the enemy's wiles.

However, all in all, the court wasn't corrupt in it's verdict of cutting the child in two. It was setting up a situation to reveal something. And the mother wasn't a coward by letting the enemy win the day .... in fact, by letting that happen, the opposite happened. It revealed the true mother, etc. So the concept of Love, seemed to encompass both eschatological morality (the Judge, and the Court, and it's system for determining justice) and utilitarian morality (the case of the two mothers and the way they made choices). So I might argue that without love, both escha morality and utilitarian morality are both incomplete, no matter how perfect we expect one or the other to be.

And having said all of that, and using the Judgement of Solomon as an example in pointing back to the OP, in a greater context evil can be swallowed up not always by justice, but by love. And the playbook of love is dynamic and often seemingly irrational in it's expression, and may not always look "good" in the moment either.

I personally still don't know what to make of certain angles of the Levitical laws. Some people try to argue that split-hoof, crawling, and aquatic bottom-dwelling things were included as bad because of sanitation issues; I'm not quite as convinced that there were huge sanitary innovations between the times of Moses and Jesus so it seems like there might be something else entirely. My best guess in looking at some of the more recent theories is that things that dig in the mud may well have access to demons which are essentially bound in the earth by God. This might very well be Jesus by extension revealing that the Holy Spirit now unleashed for man would stop this.
Yeah I don't always know what to make of them all either. I'm not totally set it was always sanitation issues and such ... I can see some of those theories, but I think it's our attempt to make logical sense of some of those things that were symbollically or spiritually pointing to something else at times. Especially when it comes to some of the animals and what they could eat or not eat, etc. The nation of Israel was playing out a story, that pointed to heavenly things, earthly things, spiritual things ... they were a history within a history. A prophetic nation. So I don't always buy that some of the animals were unclean merely for the health benefit, etc. I'm sure some of that applies ... but there are likely deeper things going on.

Also, I love crawfish :)

Right, 1st Corinthians I believe. Also yes, I think God is looking out for those who mean well, know they mean well, and are constantly striving to find the truth. I think what Paul were moral heuristic clashes - ie. those who aren't as well learned or aware have broader and more generalized moral heuristics to 'play it safe', you're also right that for the Jews this would be a historical habit and that if they don't feel its safe or have the proper internal understanding of why its safe they shouldn't do it because they'll do it for the wrong reasons. Similarly in a much different but more modern analogy would be that just because you can drink responsibly doesn't mean you have the right to temp an alcoholic by dragging them out to the local sports bar - the results of the night for you and for them would be very different.
Yeah, I'd tend to agree with all of this in general :)

Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BTW on utilitarianism though there's potentially all kinds of eschological friction. A person could be an avid contributor to charity and at the same time be Luciferian, OTO, 33rd Degree Scottish Rite, Rosicrucian, you name it. Pagan-Gnostic escha even don't necessarily mean that a person can't be an avid adherent to utilitarian morality as far as their beliefs are concerned.

That's one of the reasons why I think the current proliferation of New Age and Theosophy is so deadly - ie. it come so people who are loving, proactive, who want a close relationship with God in a way that they don't believe (in their minds) is bigoted, judgmental, etc. and because it poses nothing but good to their utilitarian senses they can be thrown right down the water-slide with incredible ease. It takes people really doing their research in knowing the underpinnings to understand all of this. Quite sadly in my decade of agnosticism I used to love tripping once a year to try and clear-out stuck patterns or discover what was bothering me when everything felt like it was remaining the same too long, and once someone started talking about NDE's I felt like I had my evidence that some of what I had sensed in my trips was correct (ie. that there was a spiritual 'something' in me). It took about nine months of very avidly probing Theosophy, even wanting to become an ascended master, reading a lot of the major books including the Seth/Jane Roberts series, before things started to seemingly go wrong. One lucky day I found "Age of Deceit" on YouTube and I've been able to inject a whole new life into my Catholic/Christian faith just by knowing exactly how real these entities are who are against us.

Upvote 0

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BTW on utilitarianism though there's potentially all kinds of eschological friction. A person could be an avid contributor to charity and at the same time be Luciferian, OTO, 33rd Degree Scottish Rite, Rosicrucian, you name it. Pagan-Gnostic escha even don't necessarily mean that a person can't be an avid adherent to utilitarian morality as far as their beliefs are concerned.

That's one of the reasons why I think the current proliferation of New Age and Theosophy is so deadly - ie. it come so people who are loving, proactive, who want a close relationship with God in a way that they don't believe (in their minds) is bigoted, judgmental, etc. and because it poses nothing but good to their utilitarian senses they can be thrown right down the water-slide with incredible ease. It takes people really doing their research in knowing the underpinnings to understand all of this. Quite sadly in my decade of agnosticism I used to love tripping once a year to try and clear-out stuck patterns or discover what was bothering me when everything felt like it was remaining the same too long, and once someone started talking about NDE's I felt like I had my evidence that some of what I had sensed in my trips was correct (ie. that there was a spiritual 'something' in me). It took about nine months of very avidly probing Theosophy, even wanting to become an ascended master, reading a lot of the major books including the Seth/Jane Roberts series, before things started to seemingly go wrong. One lucky day I found "Age of Deceit" on YouTube and I've been able to inject a whole new life into my Catholic/Christian faith just by knowing exactly how real these entities are who are against us.
And on that note ... in my own personal opinion and experience, the closest contender/counterfeit for a Christ like love and faith, is actually Luciferianism. It encompasses so many different aspects of the escha/util morality, considers the spiritual and physical, etc.

It is the danger of the prodigal son who takes his Father's inheritance, and after having left the Father's home goes out into the world to experience freedom, but doesn't understand HOW to use that freedom.

And yes .... realizing the entities that are against us can be more than eye opening. I think some critical questions to ask oneself when examining a path/way/etc, are:

* Who does this "way" leave behind ?
* What is the cost of following this "way" ?

So that when you see the path you are following seem to flourish, and produce "good" fruit, and things seem to be out of love, goodness, etc .... if there is someone left on the outside of your kingdom's gate, that should give you pause. If your kingdom is built upon bloodshed, or cutting deals, or submitting to something ... that should give you pause. Your kingdom (or personal home, family, etc) may look morally and ethically beautiful, shining, full of good things and safety, charitable to the masses .... but who is being left behind ? What is the cost to participate in it ?

And I think this statement of yours right here:

BTW on utilitarianism though there's potentially all kinds of eschological friction.

I think that sums up the state of collective spiritual man as he makes choices daily for the last few thousand years lol :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And on that note ... in my own personal opinion and experience, the closest contender/counterfeit for a Christ like love and faith, is actually Luciferianism. It encompasses so many different aspects of the escha/util morality, considers the spiritual and physical, etc.

They're both monotheistic - the difference between Christianity and all the forms of Luciferianism out there including transhumanism, secular humanism, and the self-praising variant of atheism (not to mention new age, theosophy, and all the others) is that whether in an advertised way or not they're all aimed at apotheosis.

Part of the end times struggle we're looking at is posthumanism, grey goo scenarios, destruction of the genome by our own tampering, 'As was in the days of Noah'. The current post-modern take on morals is that feelings and intentions supersede results. In this regard we're about to see, I think in an truly brutal way, how well that works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They're both monotheistic - the difference between Christianity and all the forms of Luciferianism out there including transhumanism, secular humanism, and the self-praising variant of atheism (not to mention new age, theosophy, and all the others) is that whether in an advertised way or not they're all aimed at apotheosis.
Hmm ... I'd have to think about that one. I agree that they are aimed at apotheosis, but I would have to think on more of what the foundational difference between them is. If I had to narrow it down to one main difference, I don't know that apotheosis is it.

There is something to be said for the idea of sacrificing your life for another person, and doing so knowing that perhaps that other person will never repay you, or even make good use of the sacrifice. In fact, they might blame you, hate you, and toss the gift in the gutter .... but you love them anyway and still make the sacrifice. I see this love and sacrifice in Christ ... but I also see attempts to achieve this same ideal in forms of Luciferianism and humanism, loosely. So I would consider that the "difference" between all of them and Christ is somewhere in what separates out the humanist performing the same sacrifice, from Christ who performs it.

I could see it tying back to forms of apotheosis, if the ultimate goal of the sacrificial person making the sacrifice is elevate themselves to a god like status. Because I don't think Christ did it for those reasons, I think Christ did it out of love, and obedience to the Father, etc and so forth.

Like I said I'd have to think about it ...

Part of the end times struggle we're looking at is posthumanism, grey goo scenarios, destruction of the genome by our own tampering, 'As was in the days of Noah'. The current post-modern take on morals is that feelings and intentions supersede results. In this regard we're about to see, I think in an truly brutal way, how well that works.
I think we've already seen how well this works in a brutal way. I think the more we advance technologically however, and try to create our superhuman-hybrid-puppets and weed out "defective ones" .... the brutality of our actions won't be obvious, they will be extremely subtle. No one would view them as violent or brutal.

Upvote 0

samcarternx

saint
Jul 17, 2010
✟16,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The dividing line between believers and all others is this: Who is their willer and doer? If it is man's separated from God's will it cannot love. Since God will not submit His sovereign will then the believer must be willed by and doing the will of love, hence "grace". So the two outcomes also, one brings death and the other brings life.

Upvote 0

Hawisher

Jan 3, 2013
✟1,075.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Gray goo, at least, is negligibly likely.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being evil is easy. evil is the easy way out. Only care about yourself. hate everything. hate everyone. get your way and laugh. you want to punch someone in the face? ok! just don't get caught. no worries about being good. be arrogant. feel awesome about yourself. your the best and don't even need to prove it. insult people and laugh at their expense, and act like you just don't care. use all your money for self indulgence. get famous by being evil. everyone loves a bad boy or bad girl. go break the commandments every day and join a cult of satan. land your way on tv by creating a new religion. never repent for anything. go crazy. encourage bad habits in everyone around. play the tempter, just make sure to be sexy. whatever you do, just make sure to be sexy. the only thing you'll have to give up is food. evil comes easy. following Jesus is hard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

itdepends

A noob I guess
Mar 1, 2013
Uhh, Meh
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being evil is easy. evil is the easy way out. Only care about yourself. hate everything. hate everyone. get your way and laugh. you want to punch someone in the face? ok! just don't get caught. no worries about being good. be arrogant. feel awesome about yourself. your the best and don't even need to prove it. insult people and laugh at their expense, and act like you just don't care. use all your money for self indulgence. get famous by being evil. everyone loves a bad boy or bad girl. go break the commandments every day and join a cult of satan. land your way on tv by creating a new religion. go crazy. encourage bad habits in everyone around. just make sure to be sexy. whatever you do, just make sure to be sexy. the only thing you'll have to give up is food. evil comes easy. following Jesus is hard.
Well there goes my plans for Tuesday. (j/k lol)

In all seriousness though, I think you are describing perhaps one of the worst kinds of evil. The comfortable evil of the coward.

The culture that goes around killing and maiming children, exploiting women, shedding each other's blood openly, unabashedly unleashing their hatred and selfishness against each other openly through whatever violent or horrific means necessary ... that is a type of raw evil that is easily noticed and seen by all.

But the "sexy" evil ... who only come out when it's profitable, and comfortable, and they won't get caught, and they don't want to face their inner nature by doing EVERYTHING they really want to do, only what they can get away with and still play the game and sleep at night, and "dabble" .... in some ways, this is the worst kind. It's not the one who is doing the murders openly and blowing themselves up in the name of their beliefs, and it's not the victims and the poverty stricken who are left outside ... it's the ones throwing a party while watching both for entertainment purposes. It's the parasite feeding off both the perpetrator and the victim. And getting away with it.

Upvote 0