• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. One can tell from your avatar that you are quite emotional/dramatic. I doubt that your feelings are valid nor an expression of stupidity though. It's good that you have accomplished much, but at what cost? I think you are evaluating this.

No one's feelings are valid. Emotions lie to us and the devil likes to use them to pull us away from God. We cannot trust our feelings; we must study and know God's Word well enough so that when we "feel" a certain way we know if it's "valid" or not.

I know what you mean by experiencing isolation because of sharing with others that just didn't/don't want to hear it. I understand it's praising God for His blessings but I learned only last year or so that SOME times it's just for me --between God and me. Others might not wish to hear it because they feel guilt or confusion or whatever.

Since this is ongoing I would suggest a strong Christian counselor/psychologist to help you work this personality issue out and to become more Christ-like (we all need to be that way, you know?) You need to pray and study and be ready and willing to listen and change (I sense you want control.) It won't be easy but it will be worth it.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.