Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A family member can release word curses without even realising. E.g "You will never go far in life". or "You"re just like your sister who has no purpose in life". Our ancestors' sins can bring curses upon us. A curse can come in any form really. Prayer breaks curses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,201.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Copied & pasted from GotQuesions.org

uestion: "Can a Christian be cursed? Will God allow a curse on a believer?"

Answer:
The Bible tells us that “like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest” (Proverbs 26:2b). This means that foolish curses have no effect. God does not allow His children to be cursed. God is sovereign. No one has the power to curse one whom God has decided to bless. God is the only One able to pronounce judgment.

“Spells” in the Bible are always described negatively. Deuteronomy 18:10-11 numbers those who cast spells with those who commit other acts “detestable to the LORD” such as child sacrifice, witchcraft, sorcery, divination, or necromancy (consulting with the dead). Micah 5:12 says that God will destroy witchcraft and those who cast spells. Revelation 18 describes spells as part of the deception that will be used by the antichrist and his “great city of Babylon” (v. 21-24). Though the end-times deception will be so great that even the elect would be deceived if God did not protect us (Matthew 24:24), God will utterly destroy Satan, the antichrist, and all who follow them (Revelation chapters 19-20).

The Christian has been born again as a new person in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), and we are in the constant presence of the Holy Spirit who lives within us and under whose protection we exist (Romans 8:11). We do not need to worry about anyone casting any sort of pagan spell on us. Voodoo, witchcraft, hexes, and curses have no power over us because they come from Satan, and we know that “the one who is in you [Christ] is greater than the one [Satan] who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). God has overcome him, and we have been freed to worship God without fear (John 8:36). “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? ” (Psalm 27:1).

Pray to God about it and let him give you peace.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,201.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m a little weary or curious if curses are real? And if so how are they or how can they be broken?
If you are worried about a curse turn to Jesus as he will heal you.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole." (Galatians 3:13)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I’m a little weary or curious if curses are real? And if so how are they or how can they be broken?
Curses are real enough. My family lived under one for 7 years. My parents did not know how to break it. Now I know.
If it is an evil spirit, command it to leave it Jesus' name. It has to go.

If it is a curse put on by an unbeliever, plead the blood of Christ and claim God's protection. The curse must lift.

Another issue can arise if a believer has something against you. I've experienced this and I know that it is real. I was ill for 6 weeks. Someone I knew told me that a Christian I did not know resented me. I went to see him to sort the problem out. The word of the Lord came to me, "Leave your gift at the altar and be reconciled" Matthew 5:24. I was healed immediately.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2020
Atlanta
✟7,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A family member can release word curses without even realising. E.g "You will never go far in life". or "You"re just like your sister who has no purpose in life". Our ancestors' sins can bring curses upon us. A curse can come in any form really. Prayer breaks curses.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2020
Atlanta
✟7,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Curses are real enough. My family lived under one for 7 years. My parents did not know how to break it. Now I know.
If it is an evil spirit, command it to leave it Jesus' name. It has to go.

If it is a curse put on by an unbeliever, plead the blood of Christ and claim God's protection. The curse must lift.

Another issue can arise if a believer has something against you. I've experienced this and I know that it is real. I was ill for 6 weeks. Someone I knew told me that a Christian I did not know resented me. I went to see him to sort the problem out. The word of the Lord came to me, "Leave your gift at the altar and be reconciled" Matthew 5:24. I was healed immediately.
Thank you thank you! So much for your response. I know whatever it is, is not of God because He does not send the spirit of fear. If you would remember me and I have a teenage daughter, in your prayers.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2020
Atlanta
✟7,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Copied & pasted from GotQuesions.org

uestion: "Can a Christian be cursed? Will God allow a curse on a believer?"

Answer:
The Bible tells us that “like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest” (Proverbs 26:2b). This means that foolish curses have no effect. God does not allow His children to be cursed. God is sovereign. No one has the power to curse one whom God has decided to bless. God is the only One able to pronounce judgment.

“Spells” in the Bible are always described negatively. Deuteronomy 18:10-11 numbers those who cast spells with those who commit other acts “detestable to the LORD” such as child sacrifice, witchcraft, sorcery, divination, or necromancy (consulting with the dead). Micah 5:12 says that God will destroy witchcraft and those who cast spells. Revelation 18 describes spells as part of the deception that will be used by the antichrist and his “great city of Babylon” (v. 21-24). Though the end-times deception will be so great that even the elect would be deceived if God did not protect us (Matthew 24:24), God will utterly destroy Satan, the antichrist, and all who follow them (Revelation chapters 19-20).

The Christian has been born again as a new person in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), and we are in the constant presence of the Holy Spirit who lives within us and under whose protection we exist (Romans 8:11). We do not need to worry about anyone casting any sort of pagan spell on us. Voodoo, witchcraft, hexes, and curses have no power over us because they come from Satan, and we know that “the one who is in you [Christ] is greater than the one [Satan] who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). God has overcome him, and we have been freed to worship God without fear (John 8:36). “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? ” (Psalm 27:1).

Pray to God about it and let him give you peace.

Thank you and I will continue praying

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you thank you! So much for your response. I know whatever it is, is not of God because He does not send the spirit of fear. If you would remember me and I have a teenage daughter, in your prayers.
Sure will. And you are spot on about fear. A late friend of mine used to say that fear is Satan's calling card. We do not have to let him in!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Curses are words from some source or other that give grounds for demons to attack you.

Those words may originate from before you were even born.
They may come from people who hate you.
They may come from people who merely judge you.
They may come from people who have authority over you, parents teachers.
They may come from church leaders and fellow Christians.
We may bring curses on our own heads because of unforgiveness towards others, or even towards ourselves.

This is why we need discernment, we need to live a life of forgiveness.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, curses are very real. I have seen it happen to someone I know I believe in just 3 days time after the curse was released. Keep yourself under God's protection and covering at all times.

• Prayers
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Many years ago I was asked to pray for a married couple. The husband constantly struggled with work, nearly everything he tried ended in failure.

As we started, I asked that we first seek the Lord for a word of knowledge or some guidance.

After a few minutes, I said to the guy, 'I get a picture of you as a small boy at school. Its parents' evening and you are with your mum and dad sitting opposite your teacher. The teacher is saying something like, "teaching Peter is a complete waste of time, he will never make a success of anything he puts his hand to...….."'

As I carried on trying to explain, Peter was nodding his head saying "Yeah, yes......…..that's right...……...that's right", and I started to expand on my explanation when suddenly he cut across telling me to shut up.
"You're not listening, you don't understand, the reason I kept saying yes was because you quoted the exact same words that teacher said about me. Those were his words, I remember it clearly!"

I was shocked as I thought the picture I had seen was a generalisation of how curses worked, and I was using it as if to jog his memory so he would maybe tell me about his school days. I didn't expect the Lord to give me the exact same key words his teacher had used.

Peter was now in his late 50s, and had laboured for over 40years with a demonic burden that those words had put on his shoulders.
Indeed, everything he put his hand to had turned to financial failure, but the reason was not his incompetence, but the power of that curse from his teacher. Satan constantly fought to destroy and discourage him at every step he took.

To deal with the curse was quite straight forward. I directed him to forgive that teacher for the pain he had caused. I then commanded the demons that had utilised that curse to depart in the name of Jesus.

We then prayed a fresh anointing over his work life, with much rejoicing at his new freedom!

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many years ago I was asked to pray for a married couple. The husband constantly struggled with work, nearly everything he tried ended in failure.

As we started, I asked that we first seek the Lord for a word of knowledge or some guidance.

After a few minutes, I said to the guy, 'I get a picture of you as a small boy at school. Its parents' evening and you are with your mum and dad sitting opposite your teacher. The teacher is saying something like, "teaching Peter is a complete waste of time, he will never make a success of anything he puts his hand to...….."'

As I carried on trying to explain, Peter was nodding his head saying "Yeah, yes......…..that's right...……...that's right", and I started to expand on my explanation when suddenly he cut across telling me to shut up.
"You're not listening, you don't understand, the reason I kept saying yes was because you quoted the exact same words that teacher said about me. Those were his words, I remember it clearly!"

I was shocked as I thought the picture I had seen was a generalisation of how curses worked, and I was using it as if to jog his memory so he would maybe tell me about his school days. I didn't expect the Lord to give me the exact same key words his teacher had used.

Peter was now in his late 50s, and had laboured for over 40years with a demonic burden that those words had put on his shoulders.
Indeed, everything he put his hand to had turned to financial failure, but the reason was not his incompetence, but the power of that curse from his teacher. Satan constantly fought to destroy and discourage him at every step he took.

To deal with the curse was quite straight forward. I directed him to forgive that teacher for the pain he had caused. I then commanded the demons that had utilised that curse to depart in the name of Jesus.

We then prayed a fresh anointing over his work life, with much rejoicing at his new freedom!

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]! All those years of suffering though.

Wow! At the end of the day, His name was glorified. It's the harsh furnace one has to endure 1st though, that's never easy.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You mentioned in your title that "you feel an evil presence". The fact is that demons are everywhere. At times they may try to manifest themselves, i.e. make their presence known. This is generally to try to dis-settle us or make us afraid. They may at times try to curse us. When we feel a curse, or a presence, we should not fear it, but reach out to the LORD, he is greater than any curse. I generally, will speak to the demon letting it know it has no power over me for I am in Christ. I then reach out to God, and say "you promise anything we ask we can have in prayer if we believe, I believe this presence will leave", God according to His word will send it away, and restore peace.

Upvote 0