Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't "need' to exist in the first place.I had no individual 'need' before I was conceived to exist at all .How can I need something before Im in existence?

You had no knowledge of your needs that different from no need. What happened all those eggs and sperm that weren't fertilized. Does an egg need sperm? Does sperm need an egg?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If no one reproduced? We could not survive.Maybe I read the question wrong.

No you really didnt. Can we agree to not bring up labs, cloning and Star Wars to make this a valid conversation. Not one in which humans have no need to reproduce for survival.

Upvote 0

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree when you were an egg you survived those eggs and the sperms that didnt survive didn't survive.

As an egg you had a need to survive. The need of survival isn't always a thought process.

As an "egg" I wasn't a "me " at all."Me" didn't happen until conception.I was no more a "me" than a individual skin cell.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No you really didnt. Can we agree to not bring up labs, cloning and Star Wars to make this a valid conversation. Not one in which humans have no need to reproduce for survival.
You are the only one bringing up cloning and Star Wars. In vitro is a reality for human beings. It's taking place every single day. The rest is fantasy.

Upvote 0

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is no argument for me.In order for the human race to live on generations until we are all wiped out somehow we have to somehow reproduce.Doesn't matter how. We would have to continue to have more new humans at a rate higher than the rate at which people are dying. That's a no brainer.

But I will stand solid I have no "personal need" to survive by reproducing let alone having sex.I'm here already.I don't need to have sex or reproduce a new individual to live.No one does.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are the only one bringing up cloning and Star Wars. In vitro is a reality for human beings. It's taking place every single day. The rest is fantasy.

I was trying to show how illogical the argument "what about labs" is in regard to the context of humanities survival.

Upvote 0

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As an egg you had a need to survive.

What about when I was a sperm? I think half the chromozones that made "me" me were a sperm. "I" was an egg and "I" was a sperm (in two different bodies) apparently.

And why are you making me be the "egg' ?Is it because I'm a female? Well news flash when "I" was an egg I wasn't male or female.Me the sperm side of me determined my sex.I was an XX as as egg.I apparently was an XX sperm too.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I was trying to show how illogical the argument "what about labs" is in regard to the context of humanities survival.
Well you didn't prove anything because the invito process is very real and is running every day in hundreds if not thousands of laboratories in the western world. The number of people who have conceived because of invitro is in the millions. This is fact. Comparing hard, scientific fact to "Star Wars" or "cloning" is no comparison, because human cloning and Star Wars are not fact. Although - they have cloned animals. I assume that you know that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Illogical
Are you saying that your comment was illogical? In what way do all eggs have a need to survive? Please explain. To my knowledge, eggs do not have a thought process nor a viable life of their own.

Upvote 0

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Although - they have cloned animals. I assume that you know that.

Yes .I don't think they tell us all but I remember Dolly the sheep.She was born and lived a while and died.But I don't think they gave up they just don't tell us about it.

But invitro is alive and well.So "sex" is definately not the only way to reproduce.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no argument for me.In order for the human race to live on generations until we are all wiped out somehow we have to somehow reproduce.Doesn't matter how. We would have to continue to have more new humans at a rate higher than the rate at which people are dying. That's a no brainer.

But I will stand solid I have no "personal need" to survive by reproducing let alone having sex.I'm here already.I don't need to have sex or reproduce a new individual to live.No one does.

I can respect your opinion more you actually moved up a notch in how seriously I take your posts. I am no longer going to class you as making an argument for argument sake. Now if I disagree with you we can have a conversation. I'm sorry I classed you like that I was wrong about you. Please forgive me.

But you had a personal need for survival when your parents reproduced you. As an individual your survival started as egg and sperm.

Upvote 0

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that your comment was illogical? In what way do all eggs have a need to survive? Please explain. To my knowledge, eggs do not have a thought process nor a viable life of their own.

If we are talking about "individual needs for survival" I thought we were talking about whole individual human beings.But apparently we are talking about single cells.I guess that means many complete whole individuals are dying every day in my body.I think we shed thousands of skin cells a day for example that hold our (individual) complete genetic profile.(unlike our unused eggs or unused sperm) so lots of "needs" for survival of "individuals" are going unmet.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

So eggs and sperm have no natural instinct for survival?

Lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can respect your opinion more you actually moved up a notch in how seriously I take your posts. I am no longer going to class you as making an argument for argument sake. Now if I disagree with you we can have a conversation. I'm sorry I classed you like that I was wrong about you. Please forgive me.

But you had a personal need for survival when your parents reproduced you. As an individual your survival started as egg and sperm.

Thank you .I appreciate your apology and I accept it.Again I disagree though.I was not an "individual" until me (as an egg) and me (as a sperm) combined.

Otherwise I would have just grown out of an egg or a sperm alone into a human being.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we are talking about "individual needs for survival" I thought we were talking about whole individual human beings.But apparently we are talking about single cells.I guess that means many complete whole individuals are dying every day in my body.I think we shed thousands of skin cells a day for example that hold our (individual) complete genetic profile.(unlike our unused eggs or unused sperm) so lots of "needs" for survival of "individuals" are going unmet.

C'mon puffin your better then that.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you .I appreciate your apology and I accept it.Again I disagree though.I was not an "individual" until me (as an egg) and me (as a sperm) combined.

Otherwise I would have just grown out of an egg or a sperm alone into a human being.

Disagree and I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree

Upvote 0