angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I have prayed for many things which seemed to never come. Then a simple phone call in answer and our lives changed over the next 10 years and can be said to still have compound affects even 20-25 years later. There are so many stories and parables about waiting for God's answers and how He rewarded them even more so that I can't understand how a mature believer (knower of Christ) can even consider anything other than God is working on it for the best outcome. And it might not even be the best outcome. It might just be a survivable outcome. OR it could be God saying No, I will not grant this because it is not in my plans for you. Pick up your security blanket, put your complete trust in me, and step out on faith and let me show you the power I wield as the creator of the Universe. It might be that the answer is to step out and stop waiting. It has been there all along.
So was your prayer answered in the phone call? It's hard to pray and pray and God knows the depth of the wound on our souls for another - I always tell Him that He gave me my children, so why isn't He answering my prayers for them? I'm weary of whipping up my faith that He's going to answer and yet another day and another disappointment comes. I've fasted repeatedly and it's very hard. I feel close when I go to the throne - I just want to see it come to pass.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am in a kind of similar path and have a list of unanswered prayers. I praying for you.
I hope you find your answers as well. I know the weight of unanswered prayer and that laboring before the Lord. I understand why Jesus "sweat as great drops of blood" in the Garden of Gethsemane - it's that type of laborious prayer that takes energy and effort. But I want to see the culmination of that effort.

Reactions: dude99
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you report your observations to someone?
I tried to get someone I know to adopt her but when they found out her mother was on drugs she was afraid and wouldn't. I also helped her out because a lunch lady told me she was being bullied in school. I called the principal - an unethical liar - and I told him if he didn't stop it I would be calling the state. To protect his own [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] he wrote me a letter calling -me- the liar and said "what you claimed happened to the girl never happened." I wasn't the one who witnessed it - it was a lunch lady. He sent it to the superintendent which was embarrassing because I was seeking a job there - although I never followed through. But he knew someone was watching over the girl so I'm sure he stopped it. The girl didn't stay long and was returned. She came to our house with the biological daughter of the family and I treated her with kindness.

So you see you're desperately needed. That was only one case I saw. Many children are molested in foster care. It's sickening.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recoiling is normal, and suffering is too. In fact, suffering is necessary to human earthly existence as the earth is cursed because of sin. Everyone on this forum could produce a litany of affliction we've experienced. Some more than others, but no one escapes it.
Thankfully though, suffering is not a bad thing, rather the Bible says there is much spiritual good for the Christian to be had through suffering. That's something that can give us peace the next time we recoil. Not that we should go looking for affliction. But if submission to God in some area requires suffering, then we can know that God will use it to advance His good, acceptable, and perfect will.
Persevere, sister. God has answered your prayers. They may not be the answers you are looking for, but try to take content in knowing that God is too wise to be mistaken and too good to be unkind. Moreover, He declares the end from the beginning and will not allow any of His purposes for you or your family to be overthrown. Isaiah 46:9-10
Ephesians 3:20-21
It's hard to hold to faith and look at things through the lens of God knowing what's best. My children have all been hurt be various things and I've suffered with every one of their hurts - deep things. It's hard.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I dont think a lot of people who have replied onhere dont get, but a few have said have similar things, is that this is not like Job. Job was rich and successful, things had gone well for him in life and he had been greatly blessed. Then it was taken away for a short period and he suffered for a time, after which he had wealth and success even more than before.

What we are talking about here is lifelong suffering. I have had people say I suffer far more outside my control happening to me than anyone else they have ever met, some have said at least 10 times the amount. I just typed out the stuff this year and deleted it as it was too long. If I never had a bad thing happen to me again I would still have suffered far more in my life than most people.

Where is the blessing? Why is it that when anything is this life starts going well it soon comes crashing down?

Just to add, I've gone through it and its 13 or 14 times in 20 years of working that my job has been changed or removed and Ive been put in another role, all of which except one have been detrimental to my career. There have also been times I have had my role changed within the same job that I have not included as it was within the job specifications when I took it such as more general customer service to complaint handling (as I was good at it). Is that normal?
I feel the same way - I think my trials have been heavier than most and I don't know why. I can only pray for you but God seems to not want to answer me so I don't know what good it would do. I have seen solid answers on and off but I have some really big things I've labored for and - nothing.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, what does Scripture say might be the reasons for unanswered prayer?

1. God's answer is "wait." (Hebrews 11:38-39; 1 Peter 5:10)
2. Your sin bars the way between you and God. (Isaiah 59:1-2)
3. Your requests don't align with God's will and priorities. (James 4:3; 1 John 5:14)

Yes I've combed through my life more times than I can count. That does make me think though.

We exist to know God (Proverbs 9:10; Philippians 3:8-10; 2 Timothy 1:12), and in knowing Him to love Him (Matthew 22:36-38), and in loving Him to glorify Him (1 Corinthians 10:31). This is why you and I exist. Being the self-centered creatures we are, though, it's easy for us to begin to think that we are here for ourselves and that God ought to serve our interests and aims. When God does not oblige, we can become very frustrated and angry with Him. The problem, though, isn't with God but with us.

You mentioned Job, who, I suspect, endured more than you have. Consider his words:

Job 40:1-5
1 Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said:
2 "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."
3 Then Job answered the Lord and said:
4 "Behold, I am vile; What shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth.
5 Once I have spoken, but I will not answer; Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further."

Job 42:1-6
1 Then Job answered the Lord and said:
2 "I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
3 You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
4 Listen, please, and let me speak; You said, 'I will question you, and you shall answer Me.'
5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.
6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."

Part of your problem, it seems, is that God has become entirely too small in your thinking. When you see God as Job finally saw Him, I suspect, like Job, your complaints against Him will cease.

Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't had an easy life and was reading Psalms in the car today as my husband drove, and I had the urge to throw my bible out the window because I've been waiting for God to answer prayers and answers just don't come. I've seen the wicked prosper and yet I've had one thing after another happen like Job and it sometimes makes me wonder why I'm even here. I know Psalm 73 but it just doesn't cut it anymore. Have others reached this disappointment with God where you just feel like going to sleep and not waking up? I get sick of God. This may shock some people but God says He wants truth in our inmost being and that's how I feel.
Are you feed, clothed, and have a place to sleep?

1 Timothy 6:8
But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

• Agree
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tried to get someone I know to adopt her but when they found out her mother was on drugs she was afraid and wouldn't. I also helped her out because a lunch lady told me she was being bullied in school. I called the principal - an unethical liar - and I told him if he didn't stop it I would be calling the state. To protect his own [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] he wrote me a letter calling -me- the liar and said "what you claimed happened to the girl never happened." I wasn't the one who witnessed it - it was a lunch lady. He sent it to the superintendent which was embarrassing because I was seeking a job there - although I never followed through. But he knew someone was watching over the girl so I'm sure he stopped it. The girl didn't stay long and was returned. She came to our house with the biological daughter of the family and I treated her with kindness.

So you see you're desperately needed. That was only one case I saw. Many children are molested in foster care. It's sickening.

I am glad you did this for her.
To be honest it is near impossible for a single woman to adopt in my country (small country) as couples get presidence.
If i were to adopt overseas given my age they would only allow 11 or 12 yr olds etc.
I am too old now anyway. It was more an issue for me when i was younger.
God has put other children in my life to give to and to care for so that is a true blessing.
My point was God gave you a husband and children of your own, that is a prayer answered for you that some of us never had answered for us but we still believe God answers prayers. Be grateful for what you do have. You have never had to be a bridesmaid at many weddings but never have one of your own. You have never had to rejoice at the birth of your friends and sisters children but never have that joy of your own. That takes Gods grace... a whole truckload of it.
God never promised us an easy life but He has promised to always be with us in all things. If He says no to something He has a purpose in it.
Weariness in prayer can turn to a deep trust in God's will, Gods timing, Gods Sovereignty, Gods grace to provide strength for each moment each second sometimes.
Weariness in prayer can turn to a deep intimacy that God hears our hearts. God is working behind the scenes He is Sovereign, He hears always He knows all things. However He chooses to answer will be best and we need to get in line with being grateful for His will and His trustworthiness even when it would not be our choice. When God does not answer prayer in the timing and way we want He may want us to change what we are praying for.
May God bless you with His peace in all circumstances.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So was your prayer answered in the phone call? It's hard to pray and pray and God knows the depth of the wound on our souls for another - I always tell Him that He gave me my children, so why isn't He answering my prayers for them? I'm weary of whipping up my faith that He's going to answer and yet another day and another disappointment comes. I've fasted repeatedly and it's very hard. I feel close when I go to the throne - I just want to see it come to pass.
I have had many prayers answered. I do not know what your prayer is so I can't really offer anything but a generic answer. Yes that prayer was answered. No, I did not witness every prayer being answered. Yes, some prayers have been answered. No, I think some have not but I am not sure. The one thing I do know is that there is a difference between wishes and prayers. God does not answer wishes. God's answers will not always be what I want, but they will always be right, and perfect.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to hold to faith and look at things through the lens of God knowing what's best. My children have all been hurt be various things and I've suffered with every one of their hurts - deep things. It's hard.
William Cowper, renowned poet, was a Christian who suffered from severe depression. He had at least two failed suicide attempts. He was good friends with Pastor John Newton (Author of Amazing Grace), and himself wrote many great hymns. His most well-known is probably "There is a Fountain filled with blood". He was aqcuainted with much sorrow and his poetry and hymns are a testimony to God's mysterious workmanship upon the suffering soul. May God comfort you with these invaluable lessons and inspire you to point your children to the sustaining grace of God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His bright designs
And works His sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

William Cowper--1774

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, what does Scripture say might be the reasons for unanswered prayer?

1. God's answer is "wait." (Hebrews 11:38-39; 1 Peter 5:10)
2. Your sin bars the way between you and God. (Isaiah 59:1-2)
3. Your requests don't align with God's will and priorities. (James 4:3; 1 John 5:14)

We exist to know God (Proverbs 9:10; Philippians 3:8-10; 2 Timothy 1:12), and in knowing Him to love Him (Matthew 22:36-38), and in loving Him to glorify Him (1 Corinthians 10:31). This is why you and I exist. Being the self-centered creatures we are, though, it's easy for us to begin to think that we are here for ourselves and that God ought to serve our interests and aims. When God does not oblige, we can become very frustrated and angry with Him. The problem, though, isn't with God but with us.

You mentioned Job, who, I suspect, endured more than you have. Consider his words:

Job 40:1-5
1 Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said:
2 "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."
3 Then Job answered the Lord and said:
4 "Behold, I am vile; What shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth.
5 Once I have spoken, but I will not answer; Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further."

Job 42:1-6
1 Then Job answered the Lord and said:
2 "I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
3 You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
4 Listen, please, and let me speak; You said, 'I will question you, and you shall answer Me.'
5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.
6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."

Part of your problem, it seems, is that God has become entirely too small in your thinking. When you see God as Job finally saw Him, I suspect, like Job, your complaints against Him will cease.
In response to your 3 reasons for unanswered prayer, in my case.

1. I'm noty far off 50 and this has been a lifelong wait. i believe God first said to me he had plans for my life in my early teens. Thats a long wait.
2. You should say unrepented sin. I have repented, repented more and then repented in case there is any unknown sin I have not repented of. I've repented of everything I have done and everything I have not done.
3. My prayers are for God to fulfill his promises to me. Over the years there have been things God has put on my heart that He will do in my life and I have had multiple times that people have prayed the same prayers over me including people I have not known at conferences, some internationally renowned speakers. Instead of doors opening for me to move into answer for these prayers, doors get slammed in my face at every turn. As I do not believe God is a liar I am waiting for them to happen even though I believe the things God promised were promised for when I was younger. A couple of weeks ago we suffered internet bank fraud against us from a next door neighbour (currently with the police) and this is only the 3rd or 4th most stressful thing this year already, and that was only in the first 5 months of the year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you did this for her.
To be honest it is near impossible for a single woman to adopt in my country (small country) as couples get presidence.
If i were to adopt overseas given my age they would only allow 11 or 12 yr olds etc.
I am too old now anyway. It was more an issue for me when i was younger.
God has put other children in my life to give to and to care for so that is a true blessing.
My point was God gave you a husband and children of your own, that is a prayer answered for you that some of us never had answered for us but we still believe God answers prayers. Be grateful for what you do have. You have never had to be a bridesmaid at many weddings but never have one of your own. You have never had to rejoice at the birth of your friends and sisters children but never have that joy of your own. That takes Gods grace... a whole truckload of it.
God never promised us an easy life but He has promised to always be with us in all things. If He says no to something He has a purpose in it.
Weariness in prayer can turn to a deep trust in God's will, Gods timing, Gods Sovereignty, Gods grace to provide strength for each moment each second sometimes.
Weariness in prayer can turn to a deep intimacy that God hears our hearts. God is working behind the scenes He is Sovereign, He hears always He knows all things. However He chooses to answer will be best and we need to get in line with being grateful for His will and His trustworthiness even when it would not be our choice. When God does not answer prayer in the timing and way we want He may want us to change what we are praying for.
May God bless you with His peace in all circumstances.
I hate to hear that because you are desperately needed. I would try again or even move to the U.S. where you can adopt. I know someone who met a husband later in life too. Today they have dating sites where meeting someone is much easier.

After witnessing what I did it was heartbreaking and I wish I could have done more. I have thought about adopting in our older age but I became disabled and couldn't even drive the child to appointments or anything. The most I could do is love, but children need more. I can barely take care of our dog. I don't understand it because I would protect any child we could adopt, yet don't have the physical health to raise one now.

I hope you don't pass up trying to adopt. Age is no limit. When my children were in school there were some older people who I saw had children. Today there is longevity. Please, please reconsider. I learned that young girl had been molested. You are needed - you could save a child from that fate. Maybe God is urging you to adopt through this encounter.

I never share the depth of the following but I wil: I know you think I was fortunate to have a husband and children - from the outside it may look good to you, but you don't know what it was really like. The grass always looks greener on the other side but isn't really. My husband didn't love me early on - although now he has changed - but I was thrown into a rough group of sinful people - his friends who weren't real friends - and they were all low-lives. It was bad. They were immoral and his "friends" tried to get with me - it was like being thrust into Sodom and Gomorrha. His own brother - a cop - got drunk and backed me into the bathroom and was manhandling me - it was all bad. (I never share that but want you to see that being married with children is not what it's cracked up to be. Maybe for some it is but not for me, but a lot of people aren't honest - I'm older now and don't have to put on airs - life beat it out of me - maybe it was the refining process, I don't know. I don't think a lot of Christians are completely honest. Our former pastor acted like they had the perfect family and tried to instruct us. They had 7 kids and his wife committed suicide. I never understood it. They had beautiful children but she must have been deeply unhappy. He was a good preacher too.)

My husband didn't do anything about his friends and still pushed me to be in their company. And some things I can't even relate here happened. They were immoral. I was completely different and went through a terrible time - I couldn't get help from my parents because they didn't want me - they pushed me out at 17 - which is why I wound up in a bad marriage. And the worst thing was they always talked about what great parents they were.

I never had much good happen to me and all those years of raising my children I went through unbearable trials. Satan used a drug-addicted neighbor to attack us with a wrench and it traumatized our family - which led to my children making bad choices. That neighbor was in collusion with another neighbor who was snorting crack who was the VP of the PTA and would go into my children's school and act like the pillar of the community. (We lived in a country area but drugs were bad there and I didn't know it). It confused my children and I could not keep the two drug-users out of their school. The wrench-psycho would make faces at my children - it was a mess. They were both satan's tools. If you had seen the face of the one wrench-wielding psycho you would have seen the face of satan. I have never seen such an evil look on someone's face as on hers. Two police tackled her to the ground and couldn't cuff her - she was so jacked up on drugs. They put her in a police car and drove away and she gave my family the finger. They posted bond and she was let out several hours later - after hacking my husband's hand and wrist and trying to hit my head with the wrench. I learned the law doesn't protect you. All night long she, her husband, and a drug-dealer they had living with them yelled things and threatened us. We were on a dead end and there were only 4 houses there. The other druggies were on the opposite side. It was like being trapped in hell - we couldn't get out.

The other crack-snorting PTA VP was the most cunning person I've ever met. Satan's tools. But where was God? Where was God? We ended up having to move and it didn't get better. We had one bad trial after another. And that early trauma deeply affected our children. I was deeply betrayed by a 'Christian' and lost someone I loved through death - caused by this person. I still can't handle it.

My husband wasn't a believer and for some reason emulated his father and did not help me with our children. He just worked and did nothing. Nothing. Even if the kids were going wild he'd sit there and do nothing. I would yell at him to get involved, beg him. Nothing. He finally broke my health. I can't tell you what was done to our children but it was bad. My husband did nothing. My doctor told me I had no adrenal function left from the stress. Where was God?

I don't know why God allowed it - I was attacked relentlessly by the evil one. And I didn't know any believers and I didn't know what hit me. It was over a period of extremely painful years that I met a neighbor who was a Christian who told me to read the book "The Adversary." That was when I learned what happened to me and why that neighbor attacked us - "the spirit that is now at work in the disobedient." But I was young in the Lord then and did not know what was happening. Some things I can't even share. I don't know why God let me go through all that but I would have rather passed away at 17 - my last good year. And I say it in truth. It was worse than I can even relate here. I was attacked spiritually.

Then other extremely bad things happened to each of my children that has left gaping wounds on my soul. And this was with me praying every day and teaching them from the bible. Today none of them attend church regularly. One goes occasionally. I don't blame them - God never helped them. And I'll tell you something - when you get hurt it's one thing, but when your children are hurt it's 1000 times worse.

Then after making it through all that I was injured and now have severe disabilities - severe. And when my car got stuck in the snow a new satantically-motivated trooper said I was impaired because he thought my disabilities were because I was impaired - and I was on my way to work, in the daytime! He made up lies and the lawyer we hired said the prosecutor said he "refused to drop the charges because it would make police look bad and open them up to a lawsuit." So to protect the police even though I was innocent they kept pushing false charges of me driving impaired when I wasn't. The video showed I was lucid and a man who helped me went to court to testify I wasn't impaired. I sat next to him in his car for 1/2 hour. It was absolutely insane. Not ONE government agency would help. I had my handicapped placard in my car. I learned just how corrupt the system is. The judge and troopers and even lawyer we paid tried to get me to lie and say I was driving impaired when I hadn't. It was insane. And it was during a horrific health issue where I had to have surgery. It went on for a year. The lawyer forced me to court about a week after major surgery and I could barely stand. He pressured me to lie and say I was impaired and even my husband and pastor said the court is corrupt, the judge is corrupt, you're going to have to say it! When I got in front of that crooked judge he said "admit that you were driving impaired on such-and-such a date."

I couldn't do it. I sat there and thought, they're trying to force me to lie and I'm not. I sat there and said: "NO! I did NOT drive impaired! You're trying to twist my arm behind my back to lie and admit to something I didn't do!"

The judge's mouth dropped. Everyone stared at me while I tore that court apart. My husband was livid and the lawyer was livid but I stood against everyone because I refused to lie. It was settled a month later and I was not convicted of it. I am so glad I followed my instincts. I since spoke to someone involved with the system who told me forced pleas are common and these corrupt prosecutors and corrupt police push people to admit to things they didn't do to protect the cops and the towns from lawsuits. I read the more innocent you are the worse they'll prosecute you. I read that disabled people are often wrongfully arrested and murdered by police who mistake their disabilities for something else.

Some police are out of control and as long as they're in "the club" they're untouchable. I agree with Black Lives Matter and I know some were against the anthem protests but SOMEONE with a platform has to raise awareness.

It was the worst spiritual attack I'd had yet. I spoke to a Christian involved in the deliverance ministry who told me he wasn't surprised because all our institutions have become evil. Satan attacked me using other evil individuals he controlled. And I never share this but my beautiful daughter was molested by a state trooper during a traffic stop while the others stood around and urged him on. I spoke to our lawyer who told me to drop it. So that evil individual got off. I don't know why my family and I were attacked so badly. My cousin told me a young man fell from her office building and was taken to the hospital. A cop who drove him pulled off and tried to sexually assault him and the young man fought him off. The young man was charged with assault on an officer. We're in a police state folks. After what happened to me I see how they put mentally unhealthy individuals in positions of power - it's dangerous. I read that they lowered the bar on admittance because mostly psychopaths were applying to the positions. It's why child molesters seek positions working with children - psychopaths seek positions of power over people. And be warned: this is happening everywhere. Police shot and killed my unarmed neighbor's grandson and refused to release the body. She said the family lawyer knew it was because they were doctoring the body to cover their tracks.

I'm sure you've heard more than you'd like but I've had a very rough time.

So God didn't do much all through those painful years. I never share some of the depths of this and bare my soul and it might be too strong for some - but I feel what happened to me was worse than Job and I don't know why. I truly love my children with every fiber of my being but God gave me them yet didn't help them - or me. That rips at my soul. I prayed and told Him he gave me beautiful children yet you don't help them or answer my prayers.

I kept clinging to the verse "God will restore the years the locusts have eaten." Yet He hasn't and it breaks my heart - every day my heart is broken over and over.

My husband says people - even Christians - aren't honest that they have problems too. But I feel I got hit worse. Yet where was God?

I did speak with a man whose son was molested by Catholic priests and committed suicide. And I met a woman - a Christian - online who I talk with whose son was murdered by another teen. Where is God? I'm getting sick of this world to be honest - and sick of God. That may sound heretical but I tell God you say you want truth in our inmost being - well here is truth: I don't like what you're doing and I think it's sick. That's truth in my inmost being.

I read a booklet "Behind a Frowning Providence" and try to look at things through a spiritual lens but it's hard. I'm bone weary and disappointed in a God who gives me something beautiful only to allow it to be despoiled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate to hear that because you are desperately needed. I would try again or even move to the U.S. where you can adopt. I know someone who met a husband later in life too. Today they have dating sites where meeting someone is much easier.

After witnessing what I did it was heartbreaking and I wish I could have done more. I have thought about adopting in our older age but I became disabled and couldn't even drive the child to appointments or anything. The most I could do is love, but children need more. I can barely take care of our dog. I don't understand it because I would protect any child we could adopt, yet don't have the physical health to raise one now.

I hope you don't pass up trying to adopt. Age is no limit. When my children were in school there were some older people who I saw had children. Today there is longevity. Please, please reconsider. I learned that young girl had been molested. You are needed - you could save a child from that fate. Maybe God is urging you to adopt through this encounter.

I never share the depth of the following but I wil: I know you think I was fortunate to have a husband and children - from the outside it may look good to you, but you don't know what it was really like. The grass always looks greener on the other side but isn't really. My husband didn't love me early on - although now he has changed - but I was thrown into a rough group of sinful people - his friends who weren't real friends - and they were all low-lives. It was bad. They were immoral and his "friends" tried to get with me - it was like being thrust into Sodom and Gomorrha. His own brother - a cop - got drunk and backed me into the bathroom and was manhandling me - it was all bad. (I never share that but want you to see that being married with children is not what it's cracked up to be. Maybe for some it is but not for me, but a lot of people aren't honest - I'm older now and don't have to put on airs - life beat it out of me - maybe it was the refining process, I don't know. I don't think a lot of Christians are completely honest. Our former pastor acted like they had the perfect family and tried to instruct us. They had 7 kids and his wife committed suicide. I never understood it. They had beautiful children but she must have been deeply unhappy. He was a good preacher too.)

My husband didn't do anything about his friends and still pushed me to be in their company. And some things I can't even relate here happened. They were immoral. I was completely different and went through a terrible time - I couldn't get help from my parents because they didn't want me - they pushed me out at 17 - which is why I wound up in a bad marriage. And the worst thing was they always talked about what great parents they were.

I never had much good happen to me and all those years of raising my children I went through unbearable trials. Satan used a drug-addicted neighbor to attack us with a wrench and it traumatized our family - which led to my children making bad choices. That neighbor was in collusion with another neighbor who was snorting crack who was the VP of the PTA and would go into my children's school and act like the pillar of the community. (We lived in a country area but drugs were bad there and I didn't know it). It confused my children and I could not keep the two drug-users out of their school. The wrench-psycho would make faces at my children - it was a mess. They were both satan's tools. If you had seen the face of the one wrench-wielding psycho you would have seen the face of satan. I have never seen such an evil look on someone's face as on hers. Two police tackled her to the ground and couldn't cuff her - she was so jacked up on drugs. They put her in a police car and drove away and she gave my family the finger. They posted bond and she was let out several hours later - after hacking my husband's hand and wrist and trying to hit my head with the wrench. I learned the law doesn't protect you. All night long she, her husband, and a drug-dealer they had living with them yelled things and threatened us. We were on a dead end and there were only 4 houses there. The other druggies were on the opposite side. It was like being trapped in hell - we couldn't get out.

The other crack-snorting PTA VP was the most cunning person I've ever met. Satan's tools. But where was God? Where was God? We ended up having to move and it didn't get better. We had one bad trial after another. And that early trauma deeply affected our children. I was deeply betrayed by a 'Christian' and lost someone I loved through death - caused by this person. I still can't handle it.

My husband wasn't a believer and for some reason emulated his father and did not help me with our children. He just worked and did nothing. Nothing. Even if the kids were going wild he'd sit there and do nothing. I would yell at him to get involved, beg him. Nothing. He finally broke my health. I can't tell you what was done to our children but it was bad. My husband did nothing. My doctor told me I had no adrenal function left from the stress. Where was God?

I don't know why God allowed it - I was attacked relentlessly by the evil one. And I didn't know any believers and I didn't know what hit me. It was over a period of extremely painful years that I met a neighbor who was a Christian who told me to read the book "The Adversary." That was when I learned what happened to me and why that neighbor attacked us - "the spirit that is now at work in the disobedient." But I was young in the Lord then and did not know what was happening. Some things I can't even share. I don't know why God let me go through all that but I would have rather passed away at 17 - my last good year. And I say it in truth. It was worse than I can even relate here. I was attacked spiritually.

Then other extremely bad things happened to each of my children that has left gaping wounds on my soul. And this was with me praying every day and teaching them from the bible. Today none of them attend church regularly. One goes occasionally. I don't blame them - God never helped them. And I'll tell you something - when you get hurt it's one thing, but when your children are hurt it's 1000 times worse.

Then after making it through all that I was injured and now have severe disabilities - severe. So God didn't do much all through those painful years. I never share some of the depths of this and bare my soul and it might be too strong for some - but I feel what happened to me was worse than Job and I don't know why. I truly love my children with every fiber of my being but God gave me them yet didn't help them - or me. That rips at my soul. I prayed and told Him he gave me beautiful children yet you don't help them or answer my prayers.

I kept clinging to the verse "God will restore the years the locusts have eaten." Yet He hasn't and it breaks my heart - every day my heart is broken over and over.

My husband says people - even Christians - aren't honest that they have problems too. But I feel I got hit worse. Yet where was God?

I did speak with a man whose son was molested by Catholic priests and committed suicide. And I met a woman - a Christian - online who I talk with whose son was murdered by another teen. Where is God? I'm getting sick of this world to be honest - and sick of God. That may sound heretical but I tell God you say you want truth in our inmost being - well here is truth: I don't like what you're doing and I think it's sick. That's truth in my inmost being.

I read a booklet "Behind a Frowning Providence" and try to look at things through a spiritual lens but it's hard. I'm bone weary.

Thank you for your reply to my situation it is appreciated.
Thank you for sharing what you have about your life. I am sorry all these bad things have happened to you and your family.
There are no answers sometimes.
Many years ago we had a family tragedy in our family a child was killed. Why? God could have stopped it but He didnt. Took me a while to grieve come to terms with this with God but God did help with that.
For some things there truely are no answers in this life and will only be in heaven. But i do know it is good you are being honest with God about where you are at and what you really think.
I also know if possible do not turn away from God i did for a time it was a bad choice didnt help made things worse so be honest but dont turn your back on Him. He is working maybe it cant been seen by you right now but He is.
I also know though that God will give you answers when you truely need them. There will be a time when he will speak He will intervene, there will be a turning point, there will be a glimpse, some evidence of God's hand that has been at work. For God is not cruel He loves you and your children more than you can imagine. And He will do that so you know He sees you He knows and He is at work in your life.
Life is hard it just is. I am sorry your life has had the trials it has. I am glad you do have a relationship with God. I actually think you may need other believers to stand in prayer with you so that in this weariness others can pray both with you for your family but also for you. Maybe a womens group that meets regularly so you pray with others for theirs and your needs. It helps a great deal having this. I recently joined a new church and there is a group of ladies that do this. I am quite nervous with new people but its worth it.
Do you have access to something like that maybe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply to my situation it is appreciated.
Thank you for sharing what you have about your life. I am sorry all these bad things have happened to you and your family.
There are no answers sometimes.
Many years ago we had a family tragedy in our family a child was killed. Why? God could have stopped it but He didnt. Took me a while to grieve come to terms with this with God but God did help with that.
For some things there truely are no answers in this life and will only be in heaven. But i do know it is good you are being honest with God about where you are at and what you really think.
I also know if possible do not turn away from God i did for a time it was a bad choice didnt help made things worse so be honest but dont turn your back on Him. He is working maybe it cant been seen by you right now but He is.
I also know though that God will give you answers when you truely need them. There will be a time when he will speak He will intervene, there will be a turning point, there will be a glimpse, some evidence of God's hand that has been at work. For God is not cruel He loves you and your children more than you can imagine. And He will do that so you know He sees you He knows and He is at work in your life.
Life is hard it just is. I am sorry your life has had the trials it has. I am glad you do have a relationship with God. I actually think you may need other believers to stand in prayer with you so that in this weariness others can pray both with you for your family but also for you. Maybe a womens group that meets regularly so you pray with others for theirs and your needs. It helps a great deal having this. I recently joined a new church and there is a group of ladies that do this. I am quite nervous with new people but its worth it.
Do you have access to something like that maybe?
Yes I have turned from God - multiple times. I went back because: "Whom have I in heaven but You?" But I'm in a kind of holding pattern - not really wanting to be here and just making it through the days. I've had life beat everything out of me so that what is left is raw truth. But most people don't like truth - especially unbelievers. And we all know Satan hates the truth.

I can't get out often but I did put a notification on my calendar to go to bible study tonight. I have problems getting out because I have serious issues - that's why I come here - for fellowship and feedback. I know I need to be out among other believers it's just that getting out is a monumental struggle.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like saying, "Well, what I believe is..., fill in the blank." I prefer to focus on scripture becasue that is God's word. Not mine. Still, I have this one thing that might fit that category. We know that when we put all things in God's hands He is just and faithful. If we lose a child or friend before their time I find comfort in saying that God knew what was going to happen in their life and it was so catastrophic and so horrendous that God decided to take them first. We all have our seasons.

But what about those children who face evil daily? Why doesn't God take them before they are hurt and killed? I think God does take their soul and places His love around them protects them from experiencing any feelings from it. Maybe the body lives on longer, but the spirit and soul never experience the suffering.

So, what about those who live through the worst kind of abuse and are still alive today? Weren't they just as valuable? I don't know all the answers but I do know that if we chose to follow and love God and put those evil events behind us we can become a better witness for our God. If we become bitter and hate filled toward God then we are just bringing that evil event back into our lives and reliving it every day. Stop it.

And while those events we are going through or went through are bad, are horrible in some cases, it can still be turned around to serve all mighty God. I have seen a 26 year old woman shriveled by rheumatoid arthritis that was so bad she had to use a mouth stylus to answer the switchboard. Each morning she came into work and had to be wheeled into the reception office and reside at a special made desk. Others had to feed her and bring her drink she was so bad off. A staff nurse would have to take her into the restroom and change her bags and clean her up, but when you called that place of business you never knew that she was little more than a shriveled ball of pain and agony. Visitors would visibly react to seeing her for the first time. They couldn't help it. She looked like she was 90 years old but emitted the sweetest voice. Her smile and her gratitude and her loving kindness was from some where inside her for certain. Her favorite thing was to tell people, don't feel sorry for me and don't blame God for this. I choose to wake up and I chose to love our God and I chose to go and do what I can to show others His Glory through his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. I might appear to be in pain, but Jesus suffered even more when He took my sins to hell and buried them. I don't need to ever worry about where my soul is going. And my new body! It is going to be so glorious!

I know that telling a story over yours might not be comforting at all, but based on what I could tell from your written words it seems that you have one agenda, and God has another. I pray that you get the answers you need to hear God. Maybe it is no for a reason you can't fathom today.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. I'm noty far off 50 and this has been a lifelong wait. i believe God first said to me he had plans for my life in my early teens. Thats a long wait.

Long waits are not unusual when it comes to God. As Hebrews 11 tells us, some trusted God who never saw His promises to them fulfilled. In any case, God has the same basic plan for every one of us: Be like Christ (Romans 8:29). This is a plan you can fulfill every day you live! No need to wait!

2. You should say unrepented sin. I have repented, repented more and then repented in case there is any unknown sin I have not repented of. I've repented of everything I have done and everything I have not done.

If we fail to confess our sin, we do not benefit from the forgiveness that is ours in Christ. (1 John 1:9) So, repentance is vital, but confession must, I think, precede it. Being the sin-saturated creatures we are, there is no end to our repentance. As we see ever more clearly the holy perfection of God, we see our own depravity increasingly exposed. And so, the process of God removing the "debris" from the stony, brush-covered fields of our lives continues until our exit into eternity.

Fortunately, God can use us though we be cracked, and chipped and leaky vessels.

3. My prayers are for God to fulfill his promises to me. Over the years there have been things God has put on my heart that He will do in my life and I have had multiple times that people have prayed the same prayers over me including people I have not known at conferences, some internationally renowned speakers. Instead of doors opening for me to move into answer for these prayers, doors get slammed in my face at every turn. As I do not believe God is a liar I am waiting for them to happen even though I believe the things God promised were promised for when I was younger.

God is not a liar, no. But I would be highly suspicious of those who claim to have obtained special knowledge about your future from Him. Very suspicious. It would be just like the devil to counterfeit promises to you from God through these well-meaning but deceived people and then sit back and watch you stew and despair as they are never fulfilled. I am convinced that as a believer faithfully obeys God in those things He has told all believers to do, that believer will very naturally move into the particular things God has just for that believer to do. It took God many years, though, to prepare and move Joseph, Moses, and Paul into the great work He had for them to do.

James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think with everything that youve been through youre doing really well.
I'm doing well? I barely make it through the day - the pain is so bad - physically and emotionally. I feel God blessed me with beautiful children and a healthy grandson but I'm still waiting on answers. Such as that trooper who molested my daughter to meet with a telephone pole - him and his cronies. These "finest" handcuffed my daughter - that they had just molested - to a bench. She was crying from the assault and asked to use the ladies room. The one trooper said "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] on the floor."

So you tell me where God was.

I was so angry I grabbed my husband and tore down there and ripped into them. My husband did nothing as usual. Nothing. Just like his father. I don't know what's wrong with him but have begged him to get help. He still hasn't. His parents were rough people. I don't know what they did to him.

But nothing was done to the troopers who hurt her. When the case came up - since they charged her, unbelievably, with a traffic offense - after molesting her.

I can't even repeat it because my blood boils.

They then tampered with evidence and altered the videotape but you could still see what they did. The prosecutor took one look at it and said "Oh my God!" He had a little cross on his lapel. But did he do anything? No.

Fake Christian.

I really saw how the "situational Christianity" thing works.

I'm a writer and one day I'm going to write about it. When my stomach grows strong enough so I don't upchuck.

So to those who have the thin veneer of believing as long as you don't sin you're safe - I'd like to forewarn you that we are in a corrupt police state now where police can get their rocks off an molest your daughter - or you - with impunity.

God help us. But where is He?

Upvote 0