angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't had an easy life and was reading Psalms in the car today as my husband drove, and I had the urge to throw my bible out the window because I've been waiting for God to answer prayers and answers just don't come. I've seen the wicked prosper and yet I've had one thing after another happen like Job and it sometimes makes me wonder why I'm even here. I know Psalm 73 but it just doesn't cut it anymore. Have others reached this disappointment with God where you just feel like going to sleep and not waking up? I get sick of God. This may shock some people but God says He wants truth in our inmost being and that's how I feel.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gell

tony wesmit

Jun 1, 2018
Auckland
✟8,232.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I haven't had an easy life and was reading Psalms in the car today as my husband drove, and I had the urge to throw my bible out the window because I've been waiting for God to answer prayers and answers just don't come. I've seen the wicked prosper and yet I've had one thing after another happen like Job and it sometimes makes me wonder why I'm even here. I know Psalm 73 but it just doesn't cut it anymore. Have others reached this disappointment with God where you just feel like going to sleep and not waking up? I get sick of God. This may shock some people but God says He wants truth in our inmost being and that's how I feel.
life will open a door for you sister, tomorro will shine as new for your ashes have become beauty!

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Read Psalms 37. That psalm has played a significant role in my walk. See what it does for you in your testing time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are in Harvest and this life is not about this one , sorry for your trials , I know few not facing something hard right now. satan is our only enemy and he is working overtime to drag people into the pit. I have cried out to God in times like this and ask for His comfort and He will provide. When I feel the world beating me up I read Jeremiah and it makes me feel better as I faced nothing he faced for God. read
Jeremiah 12 and I hope calm waters come

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In A few years few years few years few things few things few years few things years after the crucifiction the crucifiction the power of the Holy spirit that is is whether is is whether is the way it to me the end of his supporters and I have found it to me but I the end the crucifiction

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In A few years few things years few things years few things years few things after the few things few things after the few things m in the Middle was telling them in their own and mmm me the power of Satan offered Jesus all the Jesus all the Jesus Christ of my life mmm me more l and I have found it to found it to found a lot of the of the 6th to me and I'm sure the the the

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Are you without sin? Do you love the lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength and all your mind? There is still much to learn and with that comes discipline.

But there is something else going on. Read Daniel's prayer that he made confessing the sins of his people. There is a responsibility we all have for what we all do as a community. Even though Daniel was blameless before God he still took responsibility for the sins of his people. So also do we suffer a lot because of the sins of our people.

All the destruction we cause to the earth is not going overlooked by God. So everything we do is wretched and we can't expect to have good lives and escape the judgment which we are making for ourselves.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've known the feeling. I am convinced that what is happening is exactly as God describes it. God is a refiner. We are precious metal, yet to be purified. Trials are God's fire which melt our very core. As it is with metallurgy, when God melts us, our sin (dross) floats to the surface. God uses affliction to expose all our moral ugliness (like wanting to throw the Bible out the window). And He eventually removes the dross, purifying our faith so that our sacrifices of worship will be more pleasing to Him:
Malachi 3:2-4
"But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years."
1 Peter 1:5-7
"who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sometimes answers to prayers are complicated and we need to learn several things before we can understand the answer.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
life will open a door for you sister, tomorro will shine as new for your ashes have become beauty!
I've been waiting...and waiting...but thanks for the encouragement. The bible seems to ring hollow at times. I wondered if it was a spiritual attack - this time on my faith. I had a lot of those early on when I came to God. I just wonder what others' experiences are. I don't belong to a bible study anymore since becoming homebound so I don't have others in a group to bounce off of.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes answers to prayers are complicated and we need to learn several things before we can understand the answer.
So what do you do when perplexed by God's seeming indifference to painful things that we've been waiting on answers for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So what do you do when perplexed by God's seeming indifference to painful things that we've been waiting on answers for?
Looking at your situation from afar, the first thing that comes to mind is faith. I find myself in vulnerable situations sometimes and have nothing but faith to hang onto. Sometimes the Lord wants me to make a lifestyle change.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are in Harvest and this life is not about this one , sorry for your trials , I know few not facing something hard right now. satan is our only enemy and he is working overtime to drag people into the pit. I have cried out to God in times like this and ask for His comfort and He will provide. When I feel the world beating me up I read Jeremiah and it makes me feel better as I faced nothing he faced for God. read
Jeremiah 12 and I hope calm waters come
I see the same thing - satan just doing all he can to hurt us - I guess I just made it through another spiritual battle and I feel like God really answered very few of my heartfelt prayers - especially for my adult children. I'll have a look at Jeremiah.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you without sin? Do you love the lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength and all your mind? There is still much to learn and with that comes discipline.

But there is something else going on. Read Daniel's prayer that he made confessing the sins of his people. There is a responsibility we all have for what we all do as a community. Even though Daniel was blameless before God he still took responsibility for the sins of his people. So also do we suffer a lot because of the sins of our people.

All the destruction we cause to the earth is not going overlooked by God. So everything we do is wretched and we can't expect to have good lives and escape the judgment which we are making for ourselves.
That's an interesting take. I never thought about looking at anything from Daniel's perspective. I just feel at a low ebb with God - I guess I'm disappointed in reading promise after promise and not having them fulfilled. It makes it all seem like a lie.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've known the feeling. I am convinced that what is happening is exactly as God describes it. God is a refiner. We are precious metal, yet to be purified. Trials are God's fire which melt our very core. As it is with metallurgy, when God melts us, our sin (dross) floats to the surface. God uses affliction to expose all our moral ugliness (like wanting to throw the Bible out the window). And He eventually removes the dross, purifying our faith so that our sacrifices of worship will be more pleasing to Him:
Malachi 3:2-4
"But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years."
1 Peter 1:5-7
"who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
I'm glad someone else has felt this. That verse fits - I've been grieved by various trials - more than my share. I feel an unrest in my soul and I don't know how to alleviate it. My heart hurts for things I've prayed for my children - deep, heavy, laborious prayers - and fasting - and yet still nothing. I see why Job's wife told him to curse God and die.

• Prayers
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0