• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling Tormented

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Every single day is a struggle for me to survive. I oftentimes feel tormented, where I do not feel at peace, but feel intense turmoil inside me, that I cannot get rid of. I am full of anxiety, anger, sadness, depression, suicidal thoughts, about all that has gone on in my life.

When I am around my significant other, or think of him, I keep on remembering how he and my former best friend betrayed me, because that is what they did. It is one thing to get more than friendly with another person, it is another thing entirely when that person was my best friend, who laughs at me often. Suppose I did the same with his best friend? How would he feel? How would he react?

When I shout and get angry with him, which is a normal reaction to this type of situation, he wonders why I keep going on about. I keep going on about it, because it hurts like hell. Up to this time my significant other has not been honest with me. He has never sat down with me, to explain what has been happening with me for all these years. In so doing he has left me by myself to try and piece together what has been going on all these years.

It also hurts like hell when persons he associates with, laugh at me and he has no problem with it. People can treat me however they want, and he is quite fine with it.

There are times when I have questioned if I am making a big deal about nothing, if I am truly being unreasonable, but when I saw read what I saw below I realized was not. Somebody asked the following question:

Dear McKoy: Could my Boyfriend be Cheating with my Best Friend?

"Dear McKoy,

My boyfriend and my best friend are way too comfortable. My best friend is always popping by my house unannounced and whenever she does give notice it’s to my boyfriend and not me even though she is my best friend. She has even started calling and texting him at all hours at night. I have made it clear that I am not comfortable with the arrangement they have and they’ve both said I am acting jealous and I should trust them.

Now McKoy I am not a woman who trusts easily. I have always had trust issues with people. I have had terrible experiences putting my trust in people so I won’t do it again.

Do you believe I am over reacting to the situation? Or am do you believe I am just protecting myself from whatever harm may come my way? Could it be that my friend wants my man? Or my man wants my friend? It is hard for me to trust anyone but I know I am not crazy. I need your advice!

-D.A."

"Dear D.A,

"I believe you’re right to suspect that there may be some foul play with your boyfriend and your best friend. Nothing is wrong with what you’re doing. It’s completely inappropriate for your friend to be calling and texting your boyfriend at all hours of the night. I think you need to drop that friend of yours, her intentions may not be pure.

Also, your boyfriend needs to show you some respect. He should stop texting your friend. I don’t believe he should do that and feel that you should not be jealous."

The bible admonishes us to do unto others what you would have them do onto you, but for my entire life people have done the complete opposite, and have enjoyed hurting me. Where it makes them feel good to make me feel bad.

Below is a news article that caught my attention because I can relate to the severe anxiety that the woman was dealing with. It was one thing after another in her relationship that led to her demise.I do not want to end up like her, every day I face mental and emotional break downs. Every day it is a struggle for me to survive. I struggle with suicidal thoughts often, and there is no one for me to talk to about it. I have told my parents about those thoughts, and my psychiatrist as well, but I don't tell them anymore.

An NHS dietician threw herself in front of a passenger train after her unfaithful husband was jailed for raping a woman he met on Tinder, an inquest has heard.

...Mrs Fatimilehin said: 'During 2015 there were marital difficulties and that was the start of her struggles.

“She was seen by a psychiatrist and commenced on medication. The problems continued in the marriage.

'She continued to receive treatment and she was treated for anxiety. In early 2016, Rica was accused of rape and she decided that they should have a trial separation.

'In April, she said she would only reunite if they took their marriage vows again and they did so in May.

But in January 2017, Yinka learned that Rica would appear in court for rape. She started to deteriorate again and that was the start of her second breakdown.

'Around this time she told me she had around £10,000 worth of debt in credit cards against her name.

'In March 2017, Rica was sentenced to seven years in prison and Yinka started to apply for a divorce from him, she had OCD and anxiety would hit her anytime.'

NHS dietician mother-of-three, 40, killed herself by stepping in front of train after her unfaithful husband was jailed for seven years for raping woman he met on Tinder.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: sunshine100

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every single day is a struggle for me to survive. I oftentimes feel tormented, where I do not feel at peace, but feel intense turmoil inside me, that I cannot get rid of. I am full of anxiety, anger, sadness, depression, suicidal thoughts, about all that has gone on in my life.

When I am around my significant other, or think of him, I keep on remembering how he and my former best friend betrayed me, because that is what they did. It is one thing to get more than friendly with another person, it is another thing entirely when that person was my best friend, who laughs at me often. Suppose I did the same with his best friend? How would he feel? How would he react?

When I shout and get angry with him, which is a normal reaction to this type of situation, he wonders why I keep going on about. I keep going on about it, because it hurts like hell. Up to this time my significant other has not been honest with me. He has never sat down with me, to explain what has been happening with me for all these years. In so doing he has left me by myself to try and piece together what has been going on all these years.

It also hurts like hell when persons he associates with, laugh at me and he has no problem with it. People can treat me however they want, and he is quite fine with it.

There are times when I have questioned if I am making a big deal about nothing, if I am truly being unreasonable, but when I saw read what I saw below I realized was not. Somebody asked the following question:

"Dear McKoy,

My boyfriend and my best friend are way too comfortable. My best friend is always popping by my house unannounced and whenever she does give notice it’s to my boyfriend and not me even though she is my best friend. She has even started calling and texting him at all hours at night. I have made it clear that I am not comfortable with the arrangement they have and they’ve both said I am acting jealous and I should trust them.

Now McKoy I am not a woman who trusts easily. I have always had trust issues with people. I have had terrible experiences putting my trust in people so I won’t do it again.

Do you believe I am over reacting to the situation? Or am do you believe I am just protecting myself from whatever harm may come my way? Could it be that my friend wants my man? Or my man wants my friend? It is hard for me to trust anyone but I know I am not crazy. I need your advice!

-D.A."

"Dear D.A,

"I believe you’re right to suspect that there may be some foul play with your boyfriend and your best friend. Nothing is wrong with what you’re doing. It’s completely inappropriate for your friend to be calling and texting your boyfriend at all hours of the night. I think you need to drop that friend of yours, her intentions may not be pure.

Also, your boyfriend needs to show you some respect. He should stop texting your friend. I don’t believe he should do that and feel that you should not be jealous."

The bible admonishes us to do unto others what you would have them do onto you, but for my entire life people have done the complete opposite, and have enjoyed hurting me. Where it makes them feel good to make me feel bad.

Below is a news article that caught my attention because I can relate to the severe anxiety that the woman was dealing with. It was one thing after another in her relationship that led to her demise.I do not want to end up like her, every day I face mental and emotional break downs. Every day it is a struggle for me to survive. I struggle with suicidal thoughts often, and there is no one for me to talk to about it. I have told my parents about those thoughts, and my psychiatrist as well, but I don't tell them anymore.

NHS dietician mother-of-three, 40, killed herself by stepping in front of train after her unfaithful husband was jailed for seven years for raping woman he met on Tinder.

If you focus on the needs of another person and work to
make their life better, this will solve each of your problems,
over time. Any person will do.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If your boyfriend is cheating on you now and hasn't repented of it and changed his behaviour then he will continue to cheat on you.

Dump him, that will remove a source of anguish from your life andlet you concentrate on regaining your mental health.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If your boyfriend is cheating on you now and hasn't repented of it and changed his behaviour then he will continue to cheat on you.

Dump him, that will remove a source of anguish from your life andlet you concentrate on regaining your mental health.

It is not fair to him, for me to make any decision like the one above, without first knowing exactly what has happened all these years. I only know a portion of the situation, I do not know everything that has happened. I need to know everything so I can understand what has been happening. Anything less is not right.

Upvote 0