• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning Feeling Suicidal

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling suicidal because of my past abuse. I have suffered alot and I should not have gone through what I did. My abusers told me I should just kill myself multiple times. I know they did not care about me. I feel suicidal because of the bad things that have happened to me and feel I may be better off dead but I know killing myself is hard and I wont do it.

PDF

Mar 8, 2007
✟7,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote to you on your earlier thread, but I do not know if you saw it, and it seems the thread is gone now. This is my first time posting on here, so maybe I do not know what I am doing...I hope I know if you write me back.

Feeling hopeless is a natural reaction in your situation, but you must not let yourself fall into despair. I know you are struggling to believe in God right now, but I believe that He does desire good things for your future.

Is there someone you can call and talk to on the phone about this or meet in person to encourage you? I would strongly suggest you reach out to someone who can meet with you and who you know genuinely cares about you.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Hotline....the link below will take you there.

Home

You are special enough that Christ chose you before the creation of the world hon. Call someone and assure you get some help with this.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you, Bluerose,
May the Lord bless you richly and make himself real to you as you pray and read your Bible.

f17e992c33736b8ed935b3c4495ca7d1.jpg
Romans 5:8

8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wrote to you on your earlier thread, but I do not know if you saw it, and it seems the thread is gone now. This is my first time posting on here, so maybe I do not know what I am doing...I hope I know if you write me back.

Feeling hopeless is a natural reaction in your situation, but you must not let yourself fall into despair. I know you are struggling to believe in God right now, but I believe that He does desire good things for your future.

Is there someone you can call and talk to on the phone about this or meet in person to encourage you? I would strongly suggest you reach out to someone who can meet with you and who you know genuinely cares about you.
Thank you for this :) I am blessed to have family and some friends who care for me. They are aware of my struggles. This site also helps me everyday :)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Hotline....the link below will take you there.

Home

You are special enough that Christ chose you before the creation of the world hon. Call someone and assure you get some help with this.
Thank you :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you, Bluerose,
May the Lord bless you richly and make himself real to you as you pray and read your Bible.

f17e992c33736b8ed935b3c4495ca7d1.jpg
Romans 5:8

8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Thank you very much :)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My abusers told me I should just kill myself multiple times. I know they did not care about me.
Ya know Blue - if you do that it means THEY win.

Don't let them win.

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Believe it or not I used to feel the same way. I was molested as a kid and the person who did it kept telling me I was worthless and nobody cared about me so I wanted to end my life. I struggled with the thought of suicide for 15 years, but I see what suicide does to the loved ones who are left behind. I've had 3 friends to commit suicide and it's not easy watching the loved ones. God has a plan for u remember the verse Jeremiah 29:11 "for I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not to harm you." You have a reason to live. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here for you I know what it's like to struggle with this.

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums