• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Feeling suicidal because I committed the unforgivable sin

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by Jo M, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Jo M

Jo M New Member

+17
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I have been fighting feelings of suicide after I found out I committed the unforgivable sin two weeks ago. I started reading the book of Matthew and did exactly as the Pharisees did if not worse. I said it out loud to my sister and her husband in a "What if" type of question. The unforgivable sin is defined as attributing Jesus to the evil one.

I had previously had intrusive thoughts about this, and I even googled things related to it. I asked for forgiveness right after I realized what I was doing. However, the next month or so when I was visiting my sister these thoughts came out verbally while I was drinking. A sin on top of the unpardonable sin. I remember the exact date as December 5th because that's the weekend I was visiting.

I had carried on my life as normal and didn't think much about it until I sat down a few weeks ago and started actually reading the bible myself for probably the first time, though I had professed to be a Christian before so I can't claim ignorance. When I read the verse in Matthew 12:31 and learned about the sin that has no forgiveness the memory of what I said hit me like a ton of bricks.

I am not sure if I even would still have guiding from the Holy Spirit after what I said, but I believe I was being pulled to read the bible so that I could be convicted of this unforgivable sin that I committed. To teach me what I had done and that I had ruined all hope for myself.

I have done nothing for 2 weeks but research hundreds of articles, commentaries, and posts related to the unforgivable sin and there is no denying I committed it.

I have cried and begged for forgiveness and want nothing more than to be with God. I cannot eat or function during the day. I have been having suicidal thoughts because I don't see the point in continuing life waiting for hell. I want to continue in faith and believing in God, but I crossed the line where God will no longer offer forgiveness and wants nothing to do with me. I am asking forgiveness for a sin that is unforgivable. I am damned, cut off from God.

I have been thinking the best option is to end my life. I have failed God and myself. There is no forgiveness and I am going to hell without question. Without God there is nothing.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,342
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    You probably didn't commit the unforgivable sin, since you said the thoughts were intrusive. The Jewish leaders he rebuked 1) saw a miracle from Jesus and 2) decided to attribute it to the evil one rather than the Lord. What they did was willful, as opposed to intrusive thoughts. Since you probably didn't commit the unforgivable sin, that would take away the reason for killing yourself.

If you did commit the unforgivable sin, killing yourself would be the least logical thing you could do - if you cannot be forgiven, Hell is guaranteed, but if Hell is guaranteed, you want to die later rather than sooner.

Repent to God for whatever it is that you said and thought. Come to Jesus, and he will accept you (John 6:37). He hears you the first time when you ask, no matter what you feel. He didn't die and rise again for nothing, he's in the business of saving sinners. Then live your life for God. You'll either be forgiven, or if for some reason he won't forgive you, you'll have staved off Hell for a little bit.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,444
    Christian
    Married
    You can't have committed the unpardonable sin without being in full-fledged rejection of Christ. This doesn't sound like what you did ...

4. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I thought it would.be rejecting the Holy.Spirit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Palmfever

Palmfever Active Member Supporter

+192
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That's not unforgivable. Peter denied Christ three times. Don't let Satan blow smoke your way. The unpardonable sin is the failure to repent. Satan is the accuser, don't listen to the lie. Christ died for every sin you can ever commit, except refusing His love and forgivness. If you believe, you are a son of God. A brother of the Son. Depression and guilt are great tools to destroy faith. But, they are powerless if you keep the faith and believe. Keep looking up. Your Father is with you everywhere in everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+6,879
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    If you committed the unforgivable sin you would care little about that or about you sinning against God. You would not worry about it. The holy spirit tells us that sin is bad. Our own spirits love sin and don't repent of it from our own free will. God works that in us through His Spirit. That you want to be saved shows that you still have the holy Spirit inside of you, otherwise you wouldn't be bothered with God, sin or salvation at all.

Bring your fears to Jesus and let His loving truth take them away. For as long as you believe the lie it will torture you. God is a loving gracious God who wants everyone to be saved and no one to perish. Faith in Jesus is what it takes to be saved.

So place you faith in God's love - Jesus Christ - and see for yourself that you didn't commit the unpardonable sin.

The wish to commit suicide is spiritually true. The way you think and feel now needs to die so that faith in God's love can take its place.

Faith in God's love overcomes sin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    You are getting a lot of wrong answers here, something that tends to happen when ever the subject comes up.

See, what happens is people don't like the truth about the unforgivable sin, so they attempt to redefine it, iir change it to to something that it is not in order to do away with the truth.

May I ask exactly what you said that makes you think you commited the unforgivable sin?

8. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,907
    Pentecostal
    Single
    For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he... - Proverbs 23:7

If you had truly committed the unpardonable sin you would be here talking about it. If you were to find a faith and Spirit filled environment I believe you would find your heart warmed, as Wesleys 300 years before you...

It was after a difficult and discouraging mission trip to America that John Wesley questioned his faith. In 1738, at the age of 34, John Wesley attended an evening worship service in London which moved him deeply.

"In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while the leader was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ alone for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death." John Wesley

For the next year Wesley would continue to seek the Lord until spiritual experiences would happen as stated in Wesley's journal from Jan. 1, 1739: "About sixty of our brethren until three in the morning, the power of God came mightily on us, insomuch that many cried out for exceeding joy, and many fell to the ground. John Wesley prayed, "Lord send us revival without its defects but if this is not possible, send revival, defects and all."

9. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    Please tell me the right answer, I would like to know.

10. Jo M

Jo M New Member

+17
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I was trying not repeat what I said to avoid continuing the blasphemy. It was basically "What if Jesus is the...."

11. Kenny'sID

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    Edit

You know the right answer, it is as simple as the scripture says it is.

12. Taodeching

Taodeching Well-Known Member

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    You didn't commit anything. If you did such a thing you would not care, it is just COD or whatever you have. You must make a conscience decision to let this bad idea go, you do nothing wrong. Peace to you Jo.

13. Kenny'sID

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    I understand.

You asked a question, nothing more, so you are fine. The Pharisees said it was the devil doing the miracle, and you did nothing of the sort.

Be careful the future. :)

14. MMXX

MMXX I Got Vaccinated

+1,143
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't know how you could have researched hundreds of articles and commentaries and posts related to the unforgivable sin and come to the conclusion that there is no denying that you committed it, when most of those sources would have told you the opposite. At least the ones I've examined in the past would have.

22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.”

23 So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. 27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.

The Unpardonable Sin

28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.Mark 3:22-28 (NKJV)

I would venture that in the case of these scribes, they really meant what they said, that that is what they truly thought and believed.

As far as just saying that goes, every preacher and teacher who has ever read verse 22 out loud has technically said that.

15. Kenny'sID

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    Not true, of course we'd care, we'd be terrified. Why people insist on trying to make the warning Christ gave us into nothing is beyond me.

The truth is the truth, we change it, and suddenly no one is afraid of commiting the sin.....not good.

16. Taodeching

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Why would you care, you would be almost an atheist. I will disagree with you. I know people like that and they don't care they ate not terrified. Your very bad ideas are dangerous to someone suffering mental illness. I hope and pray Jo ignores you

17. Kenny'sID

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    Not sure what you mean there?

18. MMXX

MMXX I Got Vaccinated

+1,143
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Would you please supply us with the right answer to show how the other answers are wrong?

19. Taodeching

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Look if someone really committed the real unforgivable sin they already would not care about Christ, that person would almost , if not already be an atheist. Sorry if I was not clear enough.

The unpardonable sin is a deliberate action not an accidental question from one suffering from mental illness like the OP. The unpardonable sin is done deliberately and their heats are hardened

20. Kenny'sID

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    Read tbe scripture and add nothing to it, then tell me what you come up with. I personally understand it as we are not to blaspheme the holy spirit...you?

And this nonsense that if we're concerned about commiting it, then we didnt commit it was made up by some feel good preacher who would rather hide the truth than deal with it