• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling so alone and unconnected

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m at a lost of what to do. I feel like I just can’t make a connection with anyone. I feel so alone. Everywhere I go I feel alone, unloved, and misunderstood. I’m aware I sound Winey and most likely self centered. The feeling is so real to me though, and I don’t know what to do. I pray, don’t receive answers, and I just started attending church again and it makes it worse because my anxiety is triggered while I’m there. All I can think is I will never belong here. I really don’t see I have a purpose. I have wanted to ask for prayer but I feel like I would be a burden on others. What do I do? I don’t want to drift away from God. How do I see I have even a purpose being here, but to feel this way. How do I overcome this? I really need suggestions because I can only think about one way not to suffer from this anymore....I have tried so hard to make these thoughts leave my mind. I keep wondering if God cares. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ask yourself why your church makes you feel bad . That bothered me. Some churches hold on to their parishioners by emotional abuse . If this is true you need to find another church . It’s called FOG Fear , Obligation and Guilt. Google

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m at a lost of what to do. I feel like I just can’t make a connection with anyone. I feel so alone. Everywhere I go I feel alone, unloved, and misunderstood. I’m aware I sound Winey and most likely self centered. The feeling is so real to me though, and I don’t know what to do. I pray, don’t receive answers, and I just started attending church again and it makes it worse because my anxiety is triggered while I’m there. All I can think is I will never belong here. I really don’t see I have a purpose. I have wanted to ask for prayer but I feel like I would be a burden on others. What do I do? I don’t want to drift away from God. How do I see I have even a purpose being here, but to feel this way. How do I overcome this? I really need suggestions because I can only think about one way not to suffer from this anymore....I have tried so hard to make these thoughts leave my mind. I keep wondering if God cares. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

God loves you. That I'm sure of. Keep believing that.

Do you see a doctor and counselor for the anxiety?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Normally I recommend quiet time, and it's worth a shot, but that might not do you any favors with your anxiety as such.

Talking to people is definitely good, even if you just discuss the situation with strangers online:oldthumbsup:.

I have tried so hard to make these thoughts leave my mind.
Try ignoring them. Bounce your thoughts to something else. Unite your sufferings with the Crucifix. The Crucifix is a vital part of our Christian faith, because it gives a meaning to suffering. Remember Christ's sufferings, and how much He's reaching out to all of us; just take time to let your pain bring you closer to Christ, and amazing things will happen. I promise.

God be with you.

Reactions: Randar
Upvote 0

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself why your church makes you feel bad . That bothered me. Some churches hold on to their parishioners by emotional abuse . If this is true you need to find another church . It’s called FOG Fear , Obligation and Guilt. Google
I’m not sure that is the case in my current situation. This makes only second time I have been to this church. Before that I haven’t been in a couple years due to negative experiences. I feel like it’s more me and the fact I’m just weird and introverted.

Upvote 0

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Normally I recommend quiet time, and it's worth a shot, but that might not do you any favors with your anxiety as such.

Talking to people is definitely good, even if you just discuss the situation with strangers online:oldthumbsup:.

Try ignoring them. Bounce your thoughts to something else. Unite your sufferings with the Crucifix. The Crucifix is a vital part of our Christian faith, because it gives a meaning to suffering. Remember Christ's sufferings, and how much He's reaching out to all of us; just take time to let your pain bring you closer to Christ, and amazing things will happen. I promise.

God be with you.
Thanks, It is easier to talk online then in person.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m not sure that is the case in my current situation. This makes only second time I have been to this church. Before that I haven’t been in a couple years due to negative experiences. I feel like it’s more me and the fact I’m just weird and introverted.
I’m going to recommend a book called Highly Sensitive People. I’m going see if I can get the author s name as it’s a few years old . Found it . It’s by Elaine N Aron

Upvote 0

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves you. That I'm sure of. Keep believing that.

Do you see a doctor and counselor for the anxiety?
Yes. The downside is I’m in a support group for depression. Even there I feel like an outsider and make no connection. I have already been prescribed a few different types of meds.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. The downside is I’m in a support group for depression. Even there I feel like an outsider and make no connection. I have already been prescribed a few different types of meds.

Then maybe brightmoons idea might be good, a book about sensitive people may be helpful. That's good to hear that your connected in a support group. Sometimes I like to read about how god loves us: John 3:16

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Do you think it is related to a social anxiety? Then maybe here would provide a good experience, people will talk to you here that's for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're all lost sheep being called to the Lord. Each personally have a plan for their lives and it's only a matter of listening as God himself prepares us. Couple reminders is Jesus didn't conform to the world and people's expectations, first and above all it was God personally in His life. Whether it's worship or fellowship, the focus is on remembering God and Jesus; not about them or you.

So having this in mind concentrate your attention not on any person including yourself, but God and Jesus. When you do, the good and peace will occupy what otherwise would been expectation and anxiety. For relationships with fellow members, rely on the shared faith in the Lord and participate when possible (Having no expectations except revere the Lord.)

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Other things may be very helpful, but I believe there is no substitute for spending time alone with the Lord. That may seem counterintuitive, because we perceive the problem as already being too alone, but it's in that one-on-one that our deepest spiritual needs are met. And there is no substitute for time spent at it. It changes nothing externally right away, but it does put us at ease internally, and our problems don't seem as bad. In 2Cor 12, Paul relates how the Lord told him, "My power is perfected in weakness". So don't be afraid to just be yourself in His presence. He can handle it, and He knows what to do with it.

Upvote 0

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think it is related to a social anxiety? Then maybe here would provide a good experience, people will talk to you here that's for sure.
Yes I’m sure I have social anxiety. I just wish I could get over it. I’m really thankful for the website. I can talk to others and be myself.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I’m sure I have social anxiety. I just wish I could get over it. I’m really thankful for the website. I can talk to others and be myself.

That's good that you can engage here, that is what I was hoping :) My sister has social anxiety too. She has a hard time having conversations with people, even me when we're alone kind of. I'm not sure if there are any self-help books out there, but it's good that you have counseling and a support group. Keep trying! Maybe God will kick in and fix it for you someday, you have to have hope and pray:)

Upvote 0

KasperBlue

Mar 30, 2019
Alaska
✟15,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings and Salutations my Christian sister. Even though this post is a couple months old now - I just joined this site only bout an hour (or so?) ago, and this is quite literally the first thread/ post I happened to read/ reply too. That being said, I can relate in so many ways too what you said and are going through.

Please forgive me if this turns out to be a long reply to your post here?

I, myself, share this same struggle, as well as been told i sound winey, and self centered too boot. Which, I guess I can see how others would think that, as it all seems to be all-about-me. Thing is, I feel so emphatically alone in this life, unwanted, unloved, only to be avoided and feel like a plague more then an actual human being. More often then not, I find it very disheartening and defeating

While our situations maybe very different from one another, I can't even begin to put into words how alone and disconnected I feel from the world around me anymore. I spend a GREAT deal of time remaining isolated and alone (for my own reasons), yet I find myself - endlessly - drowning in the abyss of loneliness these days.

Sadly, however, I don't have any helpful words or advice when it comes to being/ going to church, as I don't attend one myself. Getting out of the house, for me, isn't always as feasible due to how bad my agoraphobia, and other issues, wreck havoc in my life.

That being said, however, I will say this. A couple months ago, I was at an all time low. Well, truth be told, it's been quite a few years I've felt this low now, yet I digress. Yet, I got to the point I needed a change, I needed something to happen, this isn't all there is too life (isolating and being/ feeling so utterly alone), there just has to be more to life then this.

Not too boast in saying this, mind you, yet I went into my room, closed the door and dropped to my knees in prayer, and simply begged for something, anything from Him. I couldn't keep going on like this anymore. And boy howdy, did I ever get an answer to that prayer.

Long story short, since then, I have turned to God and His Word more now then I ever have in my life. It may not seem like much of a comfort, as I say - there are times I have a pure desperation, at times, to talk/ interact with someone/ anyone aside from these four walls I find myself trapped in. Yet, as His Word instructs us to do, we are too seek Him out, follow His Commandments (not only the 10 commandments, but more), and Love Him with all our hearts.

The Commandment in which I speak of, seems to be a very controversial topic to talk in some circles, of even bring up online, as everyone seems to have their own thoughts and opinions on the matter. Ive had a lot of individuals bashlash/ verbal attacks for such. Yet the more I learn about it all (Gods Word/ Commandments), the more I see just how corrupt this world is in which we live in. Take from that what you will, though, yet I highly recommend studying Gods Word, and His Commandments.

Peace be with you sister :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums