• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling Scared

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, may Jesus bless you.

I've always had a fear of Hell every single day, and it never goes away. It's not so much Hell itself, but the fact that it is eternal. That means forever, never ending. And I'm always scared of commiting sin, it's like an irrational fear of mine that whatever I'm doing, does not please God. And the people I watch on YouTube don't help either. I used to watch these YouTube channels called "warningthepeople" and "finalcall07"(may he rest in peace). Watching their videos gave me an irrational fear that what I'm doing isn't good enough. I'm already saved, believe in our Lord's death and resurrection after 3 days, and am striving to be sin-free. I always want the best for people and love seeing people smile. But every time I remember their videos, I always cry because I feel like I am not doing enough. Am I doing enough? What are your opinions on their videos? Can you help me with my sin fear?

May the Lord Jesus shine his light on you,

boxman144

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hell (the lake of fire) has passed. It was a judgement on the generation when Jesus was living for all the cruel things unbelieving Israel had done to the Lord's People over centuries. (Luke 11:50) Most of the cities in Israel were destroyed and many burned from 68-70AD, Jerusalem being the worst destroyed. Unbelievers trapped there who hadn't already died (up to 1 million of them), died in the 'lake of fire.'

So you don't have to worry about hell.

Keep doing the things you know are right, and trust and thank Him always.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, may Jesus bless you.

I've always had a fear of Hell every single day, and it never goes away. It's not so much Hell itself, but the fact that it is eternal. That means forever, never ending. And I'm always scared of commiting sin, it's like an irrational fear of mine that whatever I'm doing, does not please God. And the people I watch on YouTube don't help either. I used to watch these YouTube channels called "warningthepeople" and "finalcall07"(may he rest in peace). Watching their videos gave me an irrational fear that what I'm doing isn't good enough. I'm already saved, believe in our Lord's death and resurrection after 3 days, and am striving to be sin-free. I always want the best for people and love seeing people smile. But every time I remember their videos, I always cry because I feel like I am not doing enough. Am I doing enough? What are your opinions on their videos? Can you help me with my sin fear?

May the Lord Jesus shine his light on you,

boxman144
Focus on the light of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and not the adversary.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
always scared of commiting sin, it's like an irrational fear of mine that whatever I'm doing, does not please God. And the people I watch on YouTube don't help eithe

Have you ever read in Romans where Paul moans that the 'evil he does not want to do he does, while the good he wants to do he doesn't do!'
Or 1John1:9 if we confess our sins he(Jesus) is faithfull and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.'

Face a basic fact, you and I are sinners who deserve only God's judgement, BUT Jesus has stoned for All our sins and given us his righteousness.

Tell God you are sorry for today's sins and thank and praise him for his forgiveness of yesterday's sins, as well as today's sins.

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever read in Romans where Paul moans that the 'evil he does not want to do he does, while the good he wants to do he doesn't do!'
Or 1John1:9 if we confess our sins he(Jesus) is faithfull and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.'

Face a basic fact, you and I are sinners who deserve only God's judgement, BUT Jesus has stoned for All our sins and given us his righteousness.

Tell God you are sorry for today's sins and thank and praise him for his forgiveness of yesterday's sins, as well as today's sins.

Paul is describing the state of a sinner and what happens. He is not describing his own current state. A true believer does not sin. The apostle John tells us that. Once a sinner has applied 1 John 1:9 (quoted above) that is it. The sinner is no longer a sinner but clean. The new cleansed believer can't then keep applying that text over and over if they sin. Jesus died once for sin, Hebrews tells us and if a believer sins after knowing the truth, there is no more sacrifice, no more hope. (It's not me saying this - I'm just saying what the Bible says and either it's true or it's not.)

Heb 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

(Personally I don't believe this is for us because I believe that what was said in verse 25 "and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching" means that they knew Jesus was coming soon and they were able to hang on and not sin until he came less than 40 years later.)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul is describing the state of a sinner and what happens. He is not describing his own current state
Roman 7:14-25 Paul repeatedly uses "I", he is talking about his spiritual experience.

As for the nonsense that Christians do not sin, you need to read the biographies of the great saints of old.
Everyone of them regarded themselves as the chief of sinners.

Sin can be as petty as a feeling of ingratitude for something given to you, of anger,irritation that someone cut you up as you drove to work.
You claim you do not sin.
I am sorry but you do not know how serious sin is.

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Roman 7:14-25 Paul repeatedly uses "I", he is talking about his spiritual experience.

As for the nonsense that Christians do not sin, you need to read the biographies of the great saints of old.
Everyone of them regarded themselves as the chief of sinners.

Sin can be as petty as a feeling of ingratitude for something given to you, of anger,irritation that someone cut you up as you drove to work.
You claim you do not sin.
I am sorry but you do not know how serious sin is.
I did not say I do not sin. I do which is why I know I am therefore not a member of the living Church of Christ because His church is pure. John said after a person is cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1), then he cannot sin again (1 John 3.) Despite my position out of His church, I continue to try to live according to His righteousness out of respect for Him and because it seems a good thing to do. I know it serves me no purpose in regard to salvation.

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am going to be leaving this website shortly. It was nice for the short time I was here. Someone has taken offence to something I have said. I never aim to offend anyone so I'm very sorry that has happened. Therefore, so it doesn't happen again, I will delete my account (once I find out how to do that.)

I have appreciated those of you who have engaged in biblical matters with me. My constant desire is only to know the truth. For those who were asking, yes I have sinned since accepting Jesus as Saviour and so I do not count myself as part of the Living holy church, for John says in 1 John 3 that a believer cannot sin and if he does he does not know Jesus. I accept that. I do not believe that 1 John 1 applies to me because that was my state before trusting Jesus. I cannot ask forgiveness again because he died once for sins. (Hebrews tells me that.)

As I have no other grounds for life, I continue to honour Yahweh Elohim and the teachings of his son Jesus. I endeavour to do what is right, knowing it does not count towards salvation or toward anything in Yahweh's eyes. I happily accept whatever happens to me at the end of this life. In the meantime, I enjoy the life he has given me and am thankful every day for it.

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm already saved, believe in our Lord's death and resurrection after 3 days, and am striving to be sin-free.

So if you don't achieve the perfection of Jesus by your effort you are going to Hell?????

This is seriously bad theology.

The reason why He came was because we couldn't achieve this so He did it in our place.

Rejoice in His effort for you and relax into His peace - not for the purpose of sinning but knowing that salvation does not depend on your performance but His Great Love.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not say I do not sin. I do which is why I know I am therefore not a member of the living Church of Christ because His church is pure. John said after a person is cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1), then he cannot sin again (1 John 3.) Despite my position out of His church, I continue to try to live according to His righteousness out of respect for Him and because it seems a good thing to do. I know it serves me no purpose in regard to salvation.

The point of what Paul was saying in Romans about him personally doing sinful deeds was to drive home that we are all sinners and as it says through out the Bible God still loves us despite our being so sinful.

May I suggest you find a church that does not teach umbilical nonsense that Christians do not sin.
Read 1john 1 forgot the verse, if we say we are without sin ,we desive ourself and the truth is not in us. Note the truth is Jesus, s those who tell you Christians do not sin do not know Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums