Feeling Overwhelmed with God's Love. Help?

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, I received my first sacraments and ever since then it feels like my feelings have magnified with regards to how much I am blessed. Suddenly, I'm having a lot more feelings and I feel more compassionate towards others and want to help more. Then I also have these overwhelming feelings of love towards and from God that feel as though it is too much for my heart to bear or handle.

I just love God more than I could ever convey through words or actions. No matter what I do to express this love, it never feels as though it is enough. I try praying and the feelings don't feel as though I've expressed them enough. I try to show other people God's love through my words and actions, but that also doesn't feel like enough. Then I try to share the word of God with others online. That helps me a bit to express that love for God in my heart, but it feels difficult when I engage in apologetics online, especially with one Protestant girl who insists that Catholicism is its own religion rather than a form of Christianity. Somehow I just feel like I'm no match for how strong she comes on with her beliefs. And even with non-Christians, they just laugh at me or mock God.

In the end, I just have a lot of love and emotions, but not enough ways to express it. And the feeling of the love in my heart grows more and more each day. Once again, it sometimes feels like too much for my heart to bear. Can anyone relate? Does anyone have any advice on how I can further express my love for Jesus?

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,560.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Embrace those feelings. Offer them up to God. Give thanks for them.

Such a wondefrul experience for you.

God loves you so much and is giving you these feelings as a sign of His love for you.

You are in the true church of Christ. Dont let anyone try to pull you from the right path you are on.

Trust in Jesus. God bless you.

Viva Cristo Rey

Upvote 0

fewme

Apr 7, 2020
south
✟20,069.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, I received my first sacraments and ever since then it feels like my feelings have magnified with regards to how much I am blessed. Suddenly, I'm having a lot more feelings and I feel more compassionate towards others and want to help more. Then I also have these overwhelming feelings of love towards and from God that feel as though it is too much for my heart to bear or handle.

I just love God more than I could ever convey through words or actions. No matter what I do to express this love, it never feels as though it is enough. I try praying and the feelings don't feel as though I've expressed them enough. I try to show other people God's love through my words and actions, but that also doesn't feel like enough. Then I try to share the word of God with others online. That helps me a bit to express that love for God in my heart, but it feels difficult when I engage in apologetics online, especially with one Protestant girl who insists that Catholicism is its own religion rather than a form of Christianity. Somehow I just feel like I'm no match for how strong she comes on with her beliefs. And even with non-Christians, they just laugh at me or mock God.

In the end, I just have a lot of love and emotions, but not enough ways to express it. And the feeling of the love in my heart grows more and more each day. Once again, it sometimes feels like too much for my heart to bear. Can anyone relate? Does anyone have any advice on how I can further express my love for Jesus?

Pray. Read the Bible. Pray. Ask your Priest. Pray. Listen to God. Pray. Read the works of the Saints. Pray. Ask your priest again. Pray.

• Friendly
Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,418.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds to me like it's time for you to sit down and get creative: because these emotions are a fantastic muse - and about a million times better than some of the muses I've consumed in my time to 'spark' the creativity. (Nothing illegal - at least not in the countries I was in.)

For a kick off you have poetry, art, singing/songwriting, story telling, graphic design, acting, pod casting, video logging... And that's just off the bat.

Now, if you could somehow find a way to fuse two or three of those together you could create something VERY powerful. Just whatever you decide to do, don't waste the energy. USE it, because you'll have no idea how much the people around you will benefit from you.

Catholicism is more than just a faith - it's a lifestyle. So it's just as important to study, attend church and pray as it is to 'put out' whatever it is you wish to contribute. But take your time and don't hurry; and whenever you feel God's love getting too intense, just quietly sit back - do nothing, and ENJOY knowing Him. Don't try to force these emotions - they'll come to you. Just work at pacing them out better.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

Do what you can to allow God's love to flow into the world, but know at the end of the day that God began the good work in you and God is the one who will bring it to fulfillment. At some point you just have to say, "Thank you!," smile, and go to bed. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Just think of how happy you are making God and Jesus now! What you are feeling is great, I mean REALLY GREAT!!!
These are the very special times when you can really celebrate, feel joyful, and be happy just to love God as He is, and as you are. And that is wonderful!:clap::clap::clap:

• Friendly
Upvote 0