Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I was at church today and was feeling a little sad and depressed b/c they are going on a vacation with all their grown kids and grandkids to a theme park and are renting a house for everyone for a week. I can't go on a vacation b/c at work we are all unable to take any time off b/c of a new computer system. They are all extroverts and sounds like their grandkids are too. I really do wish them well and a good time, seems like they get to do things A LOT. We are not envious but i do have a hard time feeling like I'm part of "fun" inside and outside of church. I may need surgery with my knee which will mean I won't be able to really do anythng or go anywhere not for 6 weeks. Someone pls encourage me. thanks in advance

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my experience, these things (vacations, parties, outings) often sound a lot better in the telling than in the doing. As an introverted person, would you really enjoy spending that much unrelenting time with so many people, even those as lovely as your family? And theme parks? Unless you really like standing in lines in the sun for a short ride as some people do, then it might not be as much fun as they make it out to be.

Once you have the surgery and have recovered, you'll be able to get around a lot easier - hopefully, by then, your work situation will have eased up. What would you actually like to do for fun, given the choice?

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, these things (vacations, parties, outings) often sound a lot better in the telling than in the doing. As an introverted person, would you really enjoy spending that much unrelenting time with so many people, even those as lovely as your family? And theme parks? Unless you really like standing in lines in the sun for a short ride as some people do, then it might not be as much fun as they make it out to be.

Once you have the surgery and have recovered, you'll be able to get around a lot easier - hopefully, by then, your work situation will have eased up. What would you actually like to do for fun, given the choice?

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I know what you are saying is exactly right: extroverts make any event sound a lot more glamorous than it is. And NO I would not want to have all those people around me 24/7 not for a week! It seems like extroverted people have to have something going all the time. To me that sounds exhausting.

Things to do for fun: walking, getting out in nature, having my daughter and or husband come WITH me. Go out for dinner, movies, etc. Short travel trips, go to NC where my sisters live for a visit

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

thanks Daisy for your comment!

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah I really know how you feel. I got a summer job, and my family from America came down. They did all sorts of fun stuff, yet I couldn't join them or even see them 90% of the time because I was working.

It got me really sad, not because I missed out in visiting awesome places but to be with my family, those who I love and cherish most.

• Friendly
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I really know how you feel. I got a summer job, and my family from America came down. They did all sorts of fun stuff, yet I couldn't join them or even see them 90% of the time because I was working.

It got me really sad, not because I missed out in visiting awesome places but to be with my family, those who I love and cherish most.
if you had to work and couldn't join your visiting family, why did they come?

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
if you had to work and couldn't join your visiting family, why did they come?
Well, they came specifically to see my grandmother who is not doing too well at the moment as her husband recently died. And they all did family related stuff together+ visiting a lot of places in the U.K since they have never been.

Upvote 0