Hartford
✟8,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a heroin addict for 8 years. I was raised in the Church, but never believed or thought it was worth my while. I walked down a very dark path with heroin and cocaine addiction and satanic/ demonic worship, as weird as that is for me to actually put in writing. Without going into details, I lived a very “anti Christian” life for a long time. I became a Christian about 4 months ago. At first I felt Gods presence. And I felt his comfort and direction in my life. Now I feel like I’m losing faith completely and like I’m being attacked spiritually. It may sound crazy but I feel like it’s the devil trying to pull me back. I’m questioning if I ever was a true Christian, or I just conveniently believed to get out of hell. I feel like my faith is a fraud and I’ll never be one of God’s children but I genuinely desire to serve him. Whatever thoughts or input I could get from you guys would be appreciated. I feel like I’m losing hope

• Prayers
Reactions: drjean

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was a heroin addict for 8 years. I was raised in the Church, but never believed or thought it was worth my while. I walked down a very dark path with heroin and cocaine addiction and satanic/ demonic worship, as weird as that is for me to actually put in writing. Without going into details, I lived a very “anti Christian” life for a long time. I became a Christian about 4 months ago. At first I felt Gods presence. And I felt his comfort and direction in my life. Now I feel like I’m losing faith completely and like I’m being attacked spiritually. It may sound crazy but I feel like it’s the devil trying to pull me back. I’m questioning if I ever was a true Christian, or I just conveniently believed to get out of hell. I feel like my faith is a fraud and I’ll never be one of God’s children but I genuinely desire to serve him. Whatever thoughts or input I could get from you guys would be appreciated. I feel like I’m losing hope
Hey, dnt lose hope. You are a child of God.

Are you reading the Bible? Praying? Sometimes you might feel far from God but that is a lie. You are always in His presence. It is amazing how quickly things can change back to living with His peace again. With me it normally starts with sitting with the Bible open.

Is there some behaviour you need to repent for, or someone you need to forgive? Pray and ask the Lord perhaps? Tell Him how you are feeling and ask for His help? Are you trying to earn salvation, rather than accepting the gift of it? That is tiring and hard to not try to do sometimes. It is a mistake I keep making.

God bless you! I will pray. (PS those questions are just rhetorical. I'm not asking u to answer, just consider if that is where things are going wrong)

Romans 8:38-39
Philippians 4:6-9
Proverbs 3:5-6
Joshua 1:9

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Christianity is a long walk. It can be very exciting in the beginning, but we don't reach our destination overnight. There is no reason to question whether or not you are a true Christian. Satan will do what he can to lead you astray. I would just offer Paul's advice (1 Thess 5:17): "Pray constantly." The Lord will always be with you and show you the way.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Christian Armor of God.jpg
Christian put_on_the_whole_armour_of_God.jpg

Christian Ephesians-2-13-Broght-Near-By-The-Blood-Of-Christ-beige-copy.jpg
Christian Put on the garment of praise.jpg

God bless you!
(If you memorize verses you can throw them at Satan.)

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your only hope is the Blood of Jesus. Just keep praying the Blood of Jesus over the enemy trying to bring you back into bondage.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hello POL1905, and welcome to CF!

I've just read what you've shared above, and it sounds like quite a lot that you've had to deal with over the past decade or so. I'm sorry to hear that it's been so difficult for you. I think a lot of us who are Christians feel stress in life and look for relief, being tempted along the way by the Tempter to do things that just cause us more problems. In some ways, if we're ALL honest, like the sinful tax collector in one of the parables that Jesus told, we can admit that we're all a bit fraudulent in our faith. [If you have your Bible with you, look at Luke 18:9-14].

It's good for you to question whether your faith is authentic. We should all do that. However, we all should also attempt to understand not only God's grace and mercy, but His feelings about us and His intentions for us to be restored to Him. He knows it's difficult for us, and He knows that we are tempted by Satan to put ourselves in situations we shouldn't be. Maybe try to take heart that Jesus does love you and knows what you're going through. Read that short parable above and think about it for a while; let it be a point on which to consider and keep in your heart, my friend. :cool: Who does Jesus say was justified?

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you; prayer and the Scriptures are vitally important every day. John 14.1-27 and Psalm 46 are excellent, strengthening passages for the believer.

Upvote 0

Godhelpme1999

Feb 12, 2018
Richmond
✟17,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Living a life without or even against God and then coming to him is probably the hardest spiritual warfare someone could get. The temptations, threats, fear are used against you to bring you back. Sometimes even supernatural occurrences which are extremely frightening whenever facing them for the first time. But let me tell you this, there's nothing better than the feeling of having God on your side as you conquer the spiritual battle. I remember one night I had a friend over and I was telling him about God. A spiritual warfare started to occur while being with him. We both felt it and I was teaching him how to battle it. I went over to a bible and opened a completely random page and randomly put my finger on one verse and it said Acts 16:31 - They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” He became a believer that night as the presence left immediately afterwards. He too was troubled. The point of my story is, since the battle is so tough, there is a great victory ahead of you. That's why it may seem so hard but the price is glorious. The devil is trying his hardest to make you fail coming to God. But if you pull through, many great things will happen through you in Jesus' name.

Upvote 0

KimmyO

Feb 28, 2018
VA
✟20,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, well I would say getting out of hell is the biggie that everyone makes their main reason, even tho the upside is totally heaven and being w our Savior! =) Also, If you are choosing to believe, even right now, you are a believer, it is real. yes, the devil will give you spiritual doubt and turmoil, resist him and say the name of Jesus over and over till he leaves. It is a daily battle, sorry to say. But, once you are born of the Spirit, you are born, there is no turning back. It is He who holds you not you holding on and letting go or falling back. You are n His arms of love and He is strong and will not let you fall! Your trust is in Him, not your own strength to hold on. Rest in Him. When I can't let go of negative fear and doubt I pray, read His word to remember how great His love is for me, and for you. Also, I take magnesium and ginseng to calm me and get rid of the sticky negative thoughts. works every time! Also, get into helping others, it will strengthen you and get you beyond just yourself. volunteer if you can in any way you can. God bless, welcome to the family!! =) <3

Upvote 0

lozzymagoo

Mar 9, 2018
UK
✟16,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello precious person...
I'm so sorry for what you have been through. Nobody, no matter how compassionate, could understand the hell of addiction unless they've been through it. I know that it is hell. There is no other word to describe it.
Recovery is a daily thing. But just know that you are NOT a fraud. Its not possible for you to be a fraud when you are a child of God. Its such a lie that I have also had to deal with.
Your very faith in Jesus is a gift from him. What does that tell us? That there is nothing that you or I can do, no good works or good behaviour that could earn us Jesus or our salvation.
Its clear you've had time in Gods presence and I believe God has had his hand on you from the start of your life, that's why the enemy has sought to destroy you. But know that you have one- Jesus- greater in you than any demon or power of darkness. The one in you is greater than heroin. And you never have to be enslaved again.

In recovery from addiction, you have to believe that you are free and have the power (through Jesus Christ) to stay free.

Don't feel overwhelmed by scripture, its not the intention of Jesus. I know how it is when people mean well but don't really understand. Take one passage, or one scripture and meditate on it for a while.

I'd like to pray for you...
Lord Jesus, I thank you for this precious person who is invaluable to you. They are worth dying for because you died for them. I pray that as you have given your life, so shall he/she give theirs to you. I pray Jesus for a final deliverance from all addictions. Even the cravings or thoughts associated with anything addictive. I pray Lord that you will lift up their countenance and lift up their head and shine your light upon their face. I pray that you will fill them up with Joy and peace in abundance, in place of the self doubt and worry. You see the heart of this one. You know that their intentions are good. So Lord, because you honour them, let their life be one of triumph. Let everyone who sees them, know that they serve a Living good who is clearly amazing. I pray that they will have a revelation of your love and I pray that you will draw them into your presence and keep them safe from the enemy. Breathe new life into this soul. In your holy name Jesus, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums