Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I recently watched a movie called "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War"(highly recommend if you're a comics geek like me).

But I felt guilty watching it. I think its come from me watching that Andrew Tiner guy that says entertainment is a sin. I don't watch him anymore, but his words still play in my head to condemn me.

Another reason why I felt guilty is because of an African YouTuber named Peniel Ngonde. He says that all cartoons are satanic, and superheroes are satanic too. Look at his channel, I couldn't for too long because it brought me great fear that I would be condemned to Hell for watching cartoons.

Could this be the Holy Spirit convicting me, or just leftover brainwashing from these guys?

• Prayers
Reactions: WDSobieski

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not the Holy Spirit its those Youtube people. They are to put it nicely nuts. Relax and have fun watching movies. :) I want to see that movie.

Thank you. I will stay away from them, as I heard that they lie.

Oh you should definitely watch it. Do you like comics? We can talk about it as its one of the only topics that keep me calm.^_^

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need to find your own conscience on this matter. I know it is not eating but doubting still has issues.
Rom 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. I probably would be selective and not let such entertainment become too much. Ask God to let you know for yourself though.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So I recently watched a movie called "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War"(highly recommend if you're a comics geek like me).

But I felt guilty watching it. I think its come from me watching that Andrew Tiner guy that says entertainment is a sin. I don't watch him anymore, but his words still play in my head to condemn me.

Another reason why I felt guilty is because of an African YouTuber named Peniel Ngonde. He says that all cartoons are satanic, and superheroes are satanic too. Look at his channel, I couldn't for too long because it brought me great fear that I would be condemned to Hell for watching cartoons.

Could this be the Holy Spirit convicting me, or just leftover brainwashing from these guys?

Why do you give amateurs on YouTube such weight? At the end of the day, they're just people with an opinion about things, and they're using the site to preach to the masses to make themselves seem way more important than they are. Any one of us could do exactly as they've done.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When the holy Spirit convicts you, you do not get a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power to break away from sin. The accuser speaks from worldly/religious point of view, not loving true like Jesus does. Jesus has a lot of regard for us sinners, for He loved us so much that He laid down His life for us so that we could be free with Him instead of enslaved to our desires.

It is for freedom that you have been set free, always remember that in your walk with Jesus. If you find that you do things that are unloving or result in dishonesty or harm, then it is time to go to Jesus and let Him set you free from all of that. Jesus is the Prince of Peace and is there to love you into Heaven through your life down here, not rape you of your good times. To Jesus all the honour!

So thank Him for everything you do, out of an upright compassionate loving heart. For when you live a life of thankfulness to God then sin rarely knocks on the door. Plus His love inside of your heart will set you free from unclean and often painful emotional content. E.g the spirits of fear, hopelessness, despair, disdain, regrets, indecision, secretiveness, guilt, shame, but also the spirits of arrogance, pride, lust, selfishness, envy, greed, dishonesty, hate, racist, sexist, rage, perversion and the likes. This makes loving God and neighbour a whole lot easier.

You don't have to free your heart from such things, He will, if you take it to Him and let Him set you free from that. This is an awesome process where love for God and neighbour is crowned king and selfishness is placed at the end of the line when it comes to salvation. With love for God growing within, sin simply begins to disappear, each day a bit more. This makes thankfulness and love towards God grow and sets us even more apart from our old nature.

So please don't heed what others say about right or wrong. Check the truth for yourself. If you have faith in Jesus and you love God and neighbour then you are doing good, let no one convince you otherwise.

Laying down our lives doesn't mean we stop living in this world. Rather that we don't think how people around us think about material goods, rather we love God and neighbour and make that our daily activity. For we know the earth is the Lord's and everything in it, and we know that the meek inherit the earth. So when you enjoy an activity, food, or person, thank Jesus for those things in your life and share with Him what you find good about it and ask Him to purify it seven times so that it will yield even better fruit/good life in the future.

For do understand our old nature will fight back against the new. Such are the forces we need to defend ourselves against and resist so that we become loving caring and sharing individuals like Jesus was, is and always will be.

As long as watching a movie doesn't stop you from loving God or neighbour than there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is all scaremongering. All religious people, who pride in their ability to free themselves from sin, condemn others. Best not be too worried about them. If you have watched a movie with a thankful heart then who can accuse you of wrong?

Who can separate us from Christ? A movie? Doesn't say that in Romans 8, you best be aware of that.

Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Personally, I think the real sin is how awful DC animated movies are these days. :D

But aside from that, I don't see how watching the movie is a sin as long as you watched it in a legal way.

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I think the real sin is how awful DC animated movies are these days. :D

But aside from that, I don't see how watching the movie is a sin as long as you watched it in a legal way.

Depends what DC movie you're talking about. Did you watch Red Son? It's animation was pretty good:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to find your own conscience on this matter. I know it is not eating but doubting still has issues.
Rom 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. I probably would be selective and not let such entertainment become too much. Ask God to let you know for yourself though.
I understand. I don't watch movies really, this was just because it was a new DC movie out and I'm a huge geek so I had to see it lol

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you give amateurs on YouTube such weight? At the end of the day, they're just people with an opinion about things, and they're using the site to preach to the masses to make themselves seem way more important than they are. Any one of us could do exactly as they've done.

Ah I see. Maybe because I was and still am relatively new to the faith and should understand that Jesus has the answers, not them. Cheers;)

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When the holy Spirit convicts you, you do not get a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power to break away from sin. The accuser speaks from worldly/religious point of view, not loving true like Jesus does. Jesus has a lot of regard for us sinners, for He loved us so much that He laid down His life for us so that we could be free with Him instead of enslaved to our desires.

It is for freedom that you have been set free, always remember that in your walk with Jesus. If you find that you do things that are unloving or result in dishonesty or harm, then it is time to go to Jesus and let Him set you free from all of that. Jesus is the Prince of Peace and is there to love you into Heaven through your life down here, not rape you of your good times. To Jesus all the honour!

So thank Him for everything you do, out of an upright compassionate loving heart. For when you live a life of thankfulness to God then sin rarely knocks on the door. Plus His love inside of your heart will set you free from unclean and often painful emotional content. E.g the spirits of fear, hopelessness, despair, disdain, regrets, indecision, secretiveness, guilt, shame, but also the spirits of arrogance, pride, lust, selfishness, envy, greed, dishonesty, hate, racist, sexist, rage, perversion and the likes. This makes loving God and neighbour a whole lot easier.

You don't have to free your heart from such things, He will, if you take it to Him and let Him set you free from that. This is an awesome process where love for God and neighbour is crowned king and selfishness is placed at the end of the line when it comes to salvation. With love for God growing within, sin simply begins to disappear, each day a bit more. This makes thankfulness and love towards God grow and sets us even more apart from our old nature.

So please don't heed what others say about right or wrong. Check the truth for yourself. If you have faith in Jesus and you love God and neighbour then you are doing good, let no one convince you otherwise.

Laying down our lives doesn't mean we stop living in this world. Rather that we don't think how people around us think about material goods, rather we love God and neighbour and make that our daily activity. For we know the earth is the Lord's and everything in it, and we know that the meek inherit the earth. So when you enjoy an activity, food, or person, thank Jesus for those things in your life and share with Him what you find good about it and ask Him to purify it seven times so that it will yield even better fruit/good life in the future.

For do understand our old nature will fight back against the new. Such are the forces we need to defend ourselves against and resist so that we become loving caring and sharing individuals like Jesus was, is and always will be.

As long as watching a movie doesn't stop you from loving God or neighbour than there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is all scaremongering. All religious people, who pride in their ability to free themselves from sin, condemn others. Best not be too worried about them. If you have watched a movie with a thankful heart then who can accuse you of wrong?

Who can separate us from Christ? A movie? Doesn't say that in Romans 8, you best be aware of that.

Peace.

Ah, thank you sir. You always have a good thing to say. Cheers:wave:

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Depends what DC movie you're talking about. Did you watch Red Son? It's animation was pretty good:)
Nah, never saw it. Loved the comic but never saw the movie.

I also loved the Gotham By Gaslight comic. But the animated version pretty much totally mutilated the comic book beyond all recognition. That's one of my favorites of all time and they went and cannibalized it. Ugh...

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nah, never saw it. Loved the comic but never saw the movie.

I also loved the Gotham By Gaslight comic. But the animated version pretty much totally mutilated the comic book beyond all recognition. That's one of my favorites of all time and they went and cannibalized it. Ugh...

Opposite for me. Never read the comic but loved the movie.

Did you like the Injustice storyline? It's one of my favourites.

There was supposed to be a Gotham By Gaslight videogame. Sucks it got cancelled:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. I will stay away from them, as I heard that they lie.

Oh you should definitely watch it. Do you like comics? We can talk about it as its one of the only topics that keep me calm.^_^

I do like Comics and I hope to get more time for them in the summer. I like them so much I have the Action Bible which is a bible in Graphic novel form and I love it.

I liked wonder women and aqua-man but the rest were stinkers :)

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are called to be wise stewards of our time. This includes how we spend our time on entertainment. To say don't watch movies is being Legalistic. But watching how we spend our time because we trust that the best way for us to spend our time in prayer, Bible study, and doing Christian service is a very wise way to live our lives.

Keeping up with cultural influences is helpful for those who wish to have something to use to connect with others, so there is value in watching movies and TV. Just watch the balance of your time and be aware of how desensitized we all become to the influence of sin. Kid movies today have plots and language that did not even exist in adult movies from the Fifty's. Do we just redraw the line in the sand farther and farther back?

There is no easy answer.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do like Comics and I hope to get more time for them in the summer. I like them so much I have the Action Bible which is a bible in Graphic novel form and I love it.

I liked wonder women and aqua-man but the rest were stinkers :)
I thought Aqua Man was a stinker. :eek:

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
People like that Andrew Tiner and some Youtube 'evangelists' are not only creating fear, the worst thing about these fearmongers is, they divide people or they might have some sort of hidden agenda. These people might not even be Christians at all but just extreme haters who hate a certain film. Sadly today the alt-right or some really hateful folks quote the Bible and playing with Christianity hiding their ideological toxins. It's just some cyanide with chocolate coating.

On the issue 'Is it sinful to watch bla bla bla' my advice is reflect on our own, seek biblical basis, discuss with friends or if it's possible, somebody at your church.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why don’t you take some time away from YouTube to gauge how your spirit responds to movies without influence.

I don’t see them often but there are some I don’t enjoy. Like Joker and The Purge. But I liked John Wick. Go figure.

~Bella

• Agree
Upvote 0