Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been feeling really angry towards the 55 cowardly bishops who oppose some kind of defining document on the Eucharist. So much so that I used language to describe Cupich, Gregory and McElroy that I couldn't repeat here without tripping the swear filter.

I doubt this is righteous anger, but what are we to do? Is there a nuclear option for laymen when the Church is overrun by traitors to the faith? The Church isn't a democracy, I know that, but what else is there besides prayer?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been feeling really angry towards the 55 cowardly bishops who oppose some kind of defining document on the Eucharist. So much so that I used language to describe Cupich, Gregory and McElroy that I couldn't repeat here without tripping the swear filter.

I doubt this is righteous anger, but what are we to do? Is there a nuclear option for laymen when the Church is overrun by traitors to the faith? The Church isn't a democracy, I know that, but what else is there besides prayer?
That’s about it. Praying and letting your feelings be known. Unfortunately, my Bishop is one of those cowards. They care little for the struggles laity endure due to their actions

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

You pray. You repent. You calmly communicate with them. And you give your money carefully to the best causes within the Church. The rest will eventually go bankrupt. Be ready to pick up the mess after that happens.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've seen trad Catholics our age suggesting to each other that the best way to handle the leftist infiltration is to do some infiltrating of our own. At least two have joined the seminary and plan to make changes from within after their ordination.
Oh the rigidity!

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, there is a very practical option:
Subscribe to The Remnant newspaper [either print or online.]
WWW.RemnantNewspaper.com
[No relationship or benefit to myself here.]
They have up to date news and interviews with courageous Catholic Church leaders that you won't find elsewhere. And they print the truth.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You pray. You repent. You calmly communicate with them. And you give your money carefully to the best causes within the Church. The rest will eventually go bankrupt. Be ready to pick up the mess after that happens.

I'm losing confidence that I'll still be alive if and when that eventually happens.

I've seen trad Catholics our age suggesting to each other that the best way to handle the leftist infiltration is to do some infiltrating of our own. At least two have joined the seminary and plan to make changes from within after their ordination.

That's encouraging news, I hope we see more militant young Catholic men take up the charge.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm losing confidence that I'll still be alive if and when that eventually happens.

That's encouraging news, I hope we see more militant young Catholic men take up the charge.
Parts are crashing and burning every day. More will crash and burn in the near future. We don’t have to wait for totality. Cause that ain’t gonna happen anyway. But we pick up what we can when we can. Back in the 1980’s, when Catholic schools and colleges were closing all over the place, one guy started buying up their libraries. And then offering those books for sale to faithful Catholics for their spiritual growth. Saving those books assisted a generation of hungry faithful Catholics. There will be opportunities for us to pick up the pieces and make something pleasing for God.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Malachi Martin talk amongst yourselves. Lol old SNL joke

Martin: The prophecy of Fatima is not a pleasant document to read – not pleasant news. It implies – it doesn't make any sense unless we accept that there will be, or that there is in progress - a wholesale apostasy amongst clerics and laity in the Catholic Church, that the institutional organization of the Roman Catholic Church – that is, the organization of parishes, dioceses, archbishops and bishops and cardinals and the Roman bureaucracies and the chanceries throughout the world - unless that is totally disrupted and rendered null and void, the third secret makes no sense, and number two, the other salient characteristic about it is that it means intense suffering for believers

• Haha
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Malachi Martin talk amongst yourselves. Lol old SNL joke

I'm a little verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves... here, I'll give you a topic: Elvis, alive or dead? Discuss.

• Haha
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Alive of course. Lol. But seriously Malachi Martin is starting to sound not so bonkers .
A lot of people from that generation saw the writing on the wall and knew what was really going on. Many people sound crazy these days too. Time will prove them right; unfortunately, nobody ends up caring enough and nothing changes but rather degrades. It shouldn't at all be troubling or surprising. This is the way until the end, as has always and will always be. We don't suddenly get better before Christ returns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums