• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling down.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone, even the apostle Paul wrote, ' I do the Evil I don't want to do and don't do the good I want to do.'

Hang in there we are not graded on how well we 'feel' or think we did but by how well Jesus knows we did.

There is a big difference between what we think we've done and how Jesaus sees us holding on.

Often that is all we have to do, 'having done everything to continue to stand'.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like such a useless Christian.
Just feel like that.
Having a rough week though.
Failing a lot.
As Tolworth said just above. And, we can't make the world good, but instead He has overcome the world and listening to Him and trusting Him we will overcome, leave behind, the wrongful and empty pursuits of the world by following Him, the only good, the way, the truth, the Life.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i get that feeling often too. Especially when i see how much time i waste just sitting in my chair to depressed to do anything.

It is hard to trust in Jesus when all we can do is have faith in His goodness without anything else on offer.

So thankful that God rewards us for having faith in Him rather than for running around doing all kind of things for Him. The doers among us hate God's free offer of salvation and lay down all kind of stipulations again which must be met before we can be saved, but Scripture simply says all who call on his name will be saved.

i try and have faith in His love and know that such is good enough for Him. Fighting my depressive lies with His truth is a worthwhile exercise though for He keeps me in His care 24/7 that way.

Peace.

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life has ups and downs and whoever said it was easy. Jesus said that we will have troubles. That is guaranteed. But we have a God who walks alongside us and never abandons us. We just need to focus on Him so that we will get encouraged and refreshed. I use feelings like these to draw closer to the Lord. But we should never feel useless. Do not gauge your usefulness by the concrete things you do or the measurable output that you think He is using. You are already worth a lot to Him and very much valued. As long as you believed and obeyed and tried to live a life as the Bible teaches, then you are not useless. If you failed as you said, then go back to Him because He is always ready to forgive your sincere repentance. I hope you will feel better, brother.

Upvote 0