Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every day I wake up, I feel a swelling pit of darkness inside of me, like I am condemned.

I get discouraged about if I am really on the Narrow Path. I feel condemned every day.

I'm trying my best, Jesus knows. I'm still basically a kid. I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes. I just want to be right with Him.

I also have Hadephobia. A fear of Hell. I also have pyrophobia. So mix those and its not good.

I just don't want to die in my sleep and wake up in Hell. The worst parts are the fire and eternity.

I believe in Christ. I try to be like Christ by showing love to my enemies. I'm really trying but its hard.

How do I know for sure I'm on the Narrow Path?

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that all who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
Now that is so true. God loves you so much! This is for you.
Read your Bible, the book of Acts is amazing,
and pray every day;
pray for healing for those who need healing.
Pray for God's blessing on those who suffer.
I pray for You that the Lord will direct your path and fill you with real certainty and clear understanding,
may God bless you richly and fill you with his peace.

Reactions: Decalogue
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Every day I wake up, I feel a swelling pit of darkness inside of me, like I am condemned.

I get discouraged about if I am really on the Narrow Path. I feel condemned every day.

I'm trying my best, Jesus knows. I'm still basically a kid. I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes. I just want to be right with Him.

I also have Hadephobia. A fear of Hell. I also have pyrophobia. So mix those and its not good.

I just don't want to die in my sleep and wake up in Hell. The worst parts are the fire and eternity.

I believe in Christ. I try to be like Christ by showing love to my enemies. I'm really trying but its hard.

You're focused on your fear. Focus on Christ instead. Not trying to sound over-simplistic but that is really the solution. Here are some practical ways to do that:
  • Read God's Word, especially passages of reassurance (if you need these let us know and we can provide but it will be good for you to search and find them - nowadays we're lucky to have Google also)
  • When you go to bed focus on the fact that you will wake up the next day safe - pray and thank God for this
  • When you wake up, begin with a prayer of thanksgiving to God that you woke up yet again!
  • As you do your morning routine, thank God for every step - thank Him you can walk around, thank Him you can brush your teeth, thank Him you're warm and safe in your home, thank Him for your breakfast, thank Him for what the day ahead of you is and how lucky you are to have what you have that so many others don't have
  • Throughout the day focus on those things that you (and most of us) tend to take for granted and recognize that it is by God's Grace we have those things, and thank him

When you shift your life's focus to thanking God for the abundance of things He has given you your perspective will definitely change over a short period of time and it will become part of your being as a Christian to be constantly in gratitude and thanksgiving and praise towards God.

I will remember you in my prayers

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I went through "Lessons On Assurance" by the Navigators multiple times when I was fearful. I highly recommend this easy and yet significant study.

Reactions: Decalogue
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you know Christ? What I am asking is what do you mean by saying you believe in Christ? It is one thing to know Christ and another thing to be in Christ. Christ is the savior and He must also be your Lord. Your life becomes His life. Have you repented of your sin, turned away from sin and are you walking with Christ? He must become our Lord or the person in charge of our life. One who truly knows Christ in this way is indwelt by the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin, who makes us become more like Christ. Many know, few truly believe and yield. If you do know Christ as lord and savior there is very good news for you. The Bible says There is therefor now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans chapter 8 verse 1. I was a mere child of 11 when I came to know Christ and He became my savior and lord. I know of others who were younger. How to know more of Christ? Read the Bible, pray and know Him, grow in knowledge of Him. 2 Peter 3:18 and study to show yourself approved, 2 Timothy 2:15. If you know whose you are you have nothing to fear and hell can never touch you. Believe.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying my best, Jesus knows.

Salvation is not about how hard you try.

As long as you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, it's all about what Jesus has done.

• Agree
Reactions: CaspianSails
Upvote 0

Ongietan

May 17, 2020
Tacoma
✟7,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord wants you to have assurance of his love, not to live under condemnation.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 1 John 3:18.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Rom 10:9

Draw near to the Savior, he came for us, to redeem us. As for the narrow path, out of love for him, keep his commandments.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 1 John 2:1-5

His word is your guide, his word is your foundation, his word is true. I pray for the Lord to help you.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi brother in Christ,

I see that you strive to enter the Narrow Gate!

May God unveil your mind to see the truth, that is in His word.

Here, what I will share with you about the Narrow Gate and eventually, what qualities we need to have to enter the Narrow Gate according to apostle Peter.

Why Jesus told us to enter the NARROW GATE?

For we have heard what Jesus our Lord have said:

For the GATE is NARROW

and the way is hard that leads to LIFE,

and those who find it are few. -Matthew 7:14

"ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE.

For the gate is wide

and the way is easy that leads to destruction,

and those who enter by it are many. -Matthew 7:13

When Jesus taught at the Sermon on the Mount, He also have reminded this:

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. -Matthew 7:24

Yes, we have heard the words of Jesus; but how we are able to DO when we DO NOT UNDERSTAND what Jesus have said.

For it is of utmost importance that we are to be found to be wise !

Otherwise, how we are able to build our house on the rock, our God !

We are thankful to God, Holy Spirit that we can be in Christ Jesus !

It is because of God that we are in CHRIST JESUS , who has become for us wisdom from God–that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.-1 Corinthians 1:30

Yes, Christ Jesus is our wisdom from God, for He have said :

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not ENTER THE SHEEPFOLD BY THE DOOR ( GATE ) but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.

But he who ENTERS BY THE DOOR is the SHEPHERD of the sheep.

To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear His voice, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.

When He has brought out all His own, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice.

A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." -John 10:1-5

The gate that Jesus have spoken of is THE GATE TO THE SHEEPFOLD.

I believe anyone can imagine how NARROW is the gate to the sheepfold in compared to the gate to a city.

As Jesus reaffirms again:

So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door ( gate ) of the sheep. -John 10:7

I am the door ( gate ). If anyone ENTERS BY ME, he will be SAVED and will GO IN and OUT and FIND PASTURE. -John 10:9

Have we entered by Jesus to the sheepfold ?

Have we entered by Jesus to find pasture?

Yes, though we are Gentiles, we have come to know our Lord Jesus is our Shepherd, as our Lord reaffirms:

And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. -John 10:16

But to those who do not believe are not among Christ’s sheep:

but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. -John 10:26

When we as the sheep hear Jesus’ voice?

As it is written:

In Him ( Christ ) you also,

when you HEARD THE WORD of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him ( Christ),

were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, -Ephesians 1:13

who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory. -Ephesians 1:14

When Jesus calls as His own sheep by name?;

"I will go before you and level the exalted places, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron, -Isaiah 45:2

I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who CALL YOU BY YOUR NAME. -Isaiah 45:3

When Jesus leads us out to find pasture?;

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. -John 6:35

But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of God.'" -Matthew 4:4

When Jesus has brought out all His own? ;

And this is the will of Him ( God the Father ) who sent me,

that I should lose nothing of all that He has given me,

but raise it up on the last day. -John 6:39

And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. -Matthew 24:31

When Jesus goes before us?;

The LORD your God who goes before you will Himself fight for you, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, -Deuteronomy 1:30

When the sheep know Jesus’ voice?;

Know that the LORD, He is God!

It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. -Psalms 100:3

Why Jesus have spoken that there are those who climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber?

Who Jesus talk about ?

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back,

but he was defeated, and there was NO LONGER ANY PLACE FOR them IN HEAVEN.

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world'he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. -Revelation 12:7-9

As our Lord Jesus have admonished us:

"STRIVES to ENTER through the NARROW DOOR.

For many, I tell you, will seek to ENTER and will not be able. -Luke 13:24

How do we STRIVE ?

For this very reason, MAKE EVERY EFFORT to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, -2 Peter 1:5

and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, -2 Peter 1:6

and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. -2 Peter 1:7

For if these QUALITIES are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. -2 Peter 1:8

For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. -2 Peter 1:9

Therefore, brothers, be all the more DILIGENT TO CONFIRM your CALLING and ELECTION, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. -2 Peter 1:10

For in this way there will be richly provided for you an ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. -2 Peter 1:11

May God grant us wisdom and strength to strive to enter the NARROW GATE

Hallelujah Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums